Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 12:43 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

We're a fun group of different sizes and we would love to have you join us. Stop in for a cup of coffee and stay awhile. We'd love to chat.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:55 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday morning. I'm having trouble figuring out what time it really is now that the boards are on GMT. Oh well, I guess we'll get used to it.

It's another busy week here for me. Been working lots of jobs. Guess I better, since DH is now laid off. Oh well, something will turn up. Always does!

If you haven't seen or bought the March 12, 2001 issue of First for Women you might want to pick it up. I usually find one or two things in a magazine that are interesting to me, but this issue has quite a bit. There's an article on what shape glasses to buy for the shape of your face, how to hide dark circles under your eyes, what kind of haircut looks best with what kind of hair and shape of face. There's one on how much calcium you need to melt off fat. Then there's a whole section on low-fat recipes and one on how to find more joy in your life. I know I sound like a commercial but this was really a good issue with articles on alot of the stuff we talk about here, so I just thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't seen it.

Tina: A broken kneecap, how painful! Oh my gosh!!! I'm glad you're back and hope you're doing much better.

2ofMe: I'm not sure how the real Mardi Gras go with the beads, all I know is I didn't need to show my boobs to get beads at the party - Thank Goodness!!!

Angie: You're doing great walking everyday. Keep up the good work. Yes, it does help to have a place to 'rant'. 2.4# down! Woohoo! Must be the walking!

Brenda: Ya know, I have never read the books they give ya. I'm soooo embarassed! Heck, maybe that's my problem! I guess I'll have to get them out!

LR111700: Welcome. 25# in 6 weeks is OUTSTANDING! Keep up the good work. Hope you'll come back and tell us about yourself.

WW Queen: We always have room for one more. Glad you're here. I love your little excercise bike icon. It looks like you have the options on these new boards mastered. Me, I'm still confused.

Gotta catch some zzzzz's. I'll talk to you later. Love to all.

Thinthinker in Michigan

Support is the fuel that keeps you going when you want to stop.

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-07-2001 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2001, 10:45 AM   #3  
Find a Way

Thanks for the welcome Thinthinker. Looks to me like your no slouch yourself when it comes to the "extras" this board provides - love the kitty.

Just getting ready to go out and walk the park near home, looks like it could get cooler out there later this afternoon. Then have to rake up the yard so exercise is covered. I'm working on getting more grain meals like WW suggest and had a hot bowl of 4-grain cereal (with a few added goodies) for breakfast. Anyone else like the whole grains or have a good site to go to for recipes?
Old 03-07-2001, 10:48 AM   #4  
Makin_it

Good Morning:

Well I made it to my 2nd 10%. Lost another 2 pounds last night and I'm soooooooo happy. Can't wait till my next milestone....

Don't have time to reply to everyone but have a good day and keep up the great job.

Brenda
430/348.5/170 in 2002
Old 03-07-2001, 11:38 AM   #5  
Thin Within

Default GOOD MORNING Countdowners

WOW this is a bit different. I didn't even know they were up and running until Geri told me. My old book mark just has that message they are making a change.

Congratulations to the loosers! Yes CONGRATULATIONS. That is what this is all about. I had a good OP day yesterday and am working on one today.

Gotta run but just HAD to get in here.

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut coffee in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 03-07-2001 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:31 PM   #6  

Wow, so many changes....

Right now I'm just trying to stay sane. My cousin died on Monday night. It was very unexpected and very odd. He got a cold that turned into pneumonia, then he got an infection. His heart stopped and lungs collapsed and they couldn't save him.

It's so heartbreaking. He's only 29 and left behind a wife and 3 small children. On Sunday, his oldest, 7 yr old Audrey, wanted to go and see him. He was in the Critical Care Unit though and they told her that her daddy was very sick and she couldn't go see him. She got very upset and said that she needed to tell him Goodbye because she knew that he was going to go and live with the Angels.

Anyway, it's been a challenge and the funeral isn't until Friday. I'm just hoping to get out of this week!

Welcome to all the newcomers, and Congrats to all the Losers!!

I'll stay in touch, and hopefully be back full force this weekend or next week!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:07 PM   #7  
Dying to be thin

Hello everyone! I wish it was a Happy Wednesday here but I am sick. Yep, I got the flu..not fun...I have a temp of 100 and lots of ACHES and PAINS! Well I guess since I am sick to my stomach..I won't make my points range today but I am drinking tons of water for fluid. I was exercising up until today..I walk a mile and sometimes do Tae Bo too. I also lift 5 pound weights..working my underarms..I don't know the name of the muscle..lol

Thinthinker-Nice to hear from you. I have a question though..how do you get all the jobs? I was just wondering how you got started.

WW Queen- Welcome! I love this thread, everyone here is so nice and helpful! They give lots of encouragement. I am a previous member but just recently started on weight watchers again. I started on February 12 and so far I have lost 10.4 lbs. I am 24 and a full-time college student and a stay at home mom to Hannah who is 2. I am happily married to a wonderful Man!

Canadian- Congrats on your 2nd 10%!! You are such an inspiration to me!! Keep up the good work! Only 18.5 lbs till you reach the 100 lb mark..YOU GO GIRL!!!

Maggie- I am so glad you made it to the new board! I think it's going to take some time to get used to it!!

Tracylynn- My deepest sympathies are with your family right now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Well I better head off and go rest.
Talk to you all soon
Angie
267.6/257.2/241.6 10%
Old 03-07-2001, 08:12 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! And a good Wednesday evening to you all. Worked all day. Can you believe they pay me to walk in a store, see if a new release video display is actually displayed and to walk out???? Too easy. I had 5 of them to do today. Hey, don't laugh, it was a $50 day!!!

Honey is working on the wallpaper in our bedroom. I think he's almost ready to get a 'real job' and it's only been 3 days!!! I kinda thought the devil was cute so I thought I'd try him out.

I bought 2 different 'bed in a bag' sets for our new bed the other day. Figured I'd let DH decide how he wants to decorate the room. One is predominently cream with just a splash of blue and beige flowers. The other is a burgundy and navy paisley, very luxurious looking. I'm a simple, comfortable kind of person so I lean toward the dark one, but I'll let DH decide what he likes. I promise I won't use any undo influence on him as he decides (NOT!!!) I just got a hotel job for Saturday night so that should seal the deal!

Cynthia: I stayed up late last night cruising the help files to see what I could find. The time thing was what was making me crazy. Now that I fixed that, I'm good to go. Good job mapping out the excercise. That's not something I've mastered yet.

Brenda: The second 10%!!!!! WooHoo! You are doing sooooo great!

Maggie: Love the lips!!! Should have figured you'd come up with something cute.

Tracy: I am so sorry about your cousin. That is just awful!! Spookiy about his daughter too. Makes you wonder! I sure hope they let her see him. As far as the jobs, i started after a friend mentioned she was getting most of her Christmas shopping done for free one year. I now do most and find most of my jobs on the 'net'.

Food was the pitts for me today. My best friend's husband is heavy and he's in the let's talk about weightloss stage, where you talk alot and still have a whole bunch of excuses. He bought Body Shapers a month ago (that's the stuff you drink before you go to bed and stop eating 3 hours before bed). I laughed at him when he bought it so I asked today how he was doing on it. He said he had gone through the first bottle but there were a dozen excuses as to why he didn't take it as directed. I told him that if he would just stop eating 3 hours before he went to bed and drank 6 glasses of water (free) and eat 5 servings of fruits and/or veggies, he would lose without taking the stupid stuff. Now he's talking about getting his stomach stapled! I know how he feels and so do all of you. He's just been heavy for soooo long and he's tired of feeling fat with an aching back and bad knees. He's desparate. He wants it off now. Sound familiar? So I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to talk some sense into him. WooooWeeeee!!!!

I'm sorry to dump on all of you. I'm just sooo frustrated, with him and his depression and me and my lack of willpower!! I've gotten long-winded enough for one night, I'm gonna get out of here. Love to all.

"Don't just live the length of your life, live the width of it as well." - Diane Ackerman

Thinthinker/Geri in Michigan
Old 03-08-2001, 10:47 AM   #9  
Thin Within

Default GOOD MORNING Countdowners

GERI Talk about my lips! Look at your kiss ~ how absolutely charming! Fun thing is we can change when we have the urge. Girlfriend you are a true friend to your friends husband. I wish him well.

I have had two days in a row now that I could put leftover points under my pillow. Gals that is very important to me. If I can do that ~ that is what tells me I am in control. We each have our own thing that helps us down this road to thin and that is just one of mine.

Have a great OP day all you COUNTDOWNERS

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut Coffee in Tennesee
Old 03-08-2001, 12:11 PM   #10  
Find a Way

Tracy, sorry to hear about your cousin. It's amazing things like that can happen in a technologically advanced society.

Well, got my walk in already this morning - a full 2 laps!! For the first time that nagging twitch in my left ankle didn't make itself known. I've had the injury for almost 1-1/2 years, got it walking. It was never bad enough to stop the physical activity, but it sure is nice to walk without any kind of pain . We are having wonderful weather here right now so I am taking advantage before things go south this weekend.

I've planned out my day, which helps, and still have about 4 pts extra to meet the minimum so maybe a potato sometime!! Have a great day all.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:45 AM   #11  

Welcome WWQueen and LR111700 - you are going to love it here.

Well ladies and gents, today is tracylynn75's cousin's funeral. Remember? He was a young man who leaves behind little children and a wife? {{{Let's keep them all in our thoughts today.}}}

On to happier stuff:

thinthinker: Thanks for the magazine suggestion. I'll look for it.

hannahntigger: Hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself.

WWQueen: I used to have problems walking due to heal spurs. I gained my 100+ pounds babying my feet. Got them operated on and can now do everything I used to. You would think that that would be motivation enough to start (and keep) walking. But it hasn't. I've even tried to shame myself into exercise. I sure hope it changes when the weather breaks.

maggie: How the heck are you, girlfriend?

Sorry I've been missing in action lately. I've just been so . . . what's the word? . . . I don't know, but I think it's the weather or lack of decent sleep. I have been reading all the posts and am so glad to see that you are hanging in there.

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-09-2001, 11:41 AM   #12  
Makin_it

Hello

Tracy my thoughts are with you and your family, hang in there kiddo...

Cynthia: Welcome and way to go on the treadmill gal, I wish I could get moving on the exercise path.

Maggie: now that's one lumpy pillow I would love to be sleeping on

Geri: It sounds like your bedroom is going to be beautiful, and how sweet of you to let the hubby decide. I need to get a move on in my room, made myself a new quilt and have enough material for matching drapes. It's only been a year since I decided to paint and redecorate my room... WHAT AM I WAITING FOR!

Angie: I hope by now your feeling better and if those arms exercised work let me know, I've got some serious flag waving going on. LOL

Well I'm finishing up at this Client site and move on to a new on on Thursday morning. I might not be able to post during the day any more but I will definitely try to sign on in the evenings, (if I can get the PC from the kids).

I've had a great week so far and tried some of those SKINNY COWS..... as far as I'm concerned they should be called HOLY COWS....... because holy cow they are SO GOOD!. Wish I could get them in Canada!

Take care everyone. Have a wonderful OP weekend!
Old 03-09-2001, 12:27 PM   #13  
Find a Way

Annie, it's amazing how things just can't seem to get us going. I remember how great I used to feel when I could hike anywhere, move around comfortably, etc., but that doesn't always get me going. My uncle has diabetes, could lose a foot, and STILL will not take care of his health. I mean - how much more incentive could a person need ?

DH walked with me for one lap this morning (1 lap is one lap around the park near my home, around 1.5 miles) and it got my speed up a bit. Poor guy had to run some - up and back - to get his heart rate going though. It was like having my own little trail dog . I was solo on my last lap and it was nice not to feel pressured to walk faster, though I did get a better time over all because of him, so I guess he can be my physical trainer from now on!! I just keep envisioning myself up in the high country hiking this summer when I want to slack off walking the park. I know the walks around the park will get my legs and lungs ready by the time the snow is melted off the trails. It helps me to have some kind of goal - other than weight loss - when it comes to getting my butt up and exercising. What about you guys?
Old 03-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #14  

WWQueen: It would be exercise just getting my butt UP! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-09-2001, 06:54 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

We just got back from the city a bit ago. Had a great OP lunch and will tuck some more points under my pillow.

TRACY girl my prayers are with you. He was so young and it sure shows us that our days are numbered and we just don't know when our time will be up. Makes one think doesn't it.

ANNIE I am fine girlfriend. Getting a lot of my favorite recipes typed into my MasterCook program. I have decided to go through my cookbooks and type out the few recipes I like and give the books away ~ someone else will surely like to have them.

CYNTHIA you go girl with that walking! How nice for you that that twinge isn't bothering you. I am still working up to a good walk with this leg brace since I got a drop foot from walking. I do some dancing with Richard though. I am just thankful that the disc that slipped and killed that nerve doesn't hurt.

Gonna go watch a bit of the news now.......

Maggie off to view the tube in Tennessee
Closed Thread