Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile WW Weekly Chit Chat: 5/7 - 5/13

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

This weekend was a tough one for me - work, bad food choices, and lack of planning were my downfalls. Tomorrow is WI so today I am tracking, eating well, planning, and drinking tons of water!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #3  
Fattie McFatFat

S/C/G: 161.5/161/140

Height: 5'6"

Default WW Virgin Alert!

It's my first weigh-in after my first week of the first time I've ever tried Weight Watchers...and I lost HALF a pound. Is this normal?

I read that the rate of weight loss should be 1-2lbs per week, with a bit of spike at the beginning. I can lose half a pound by just by using the bathroom! I've been on track with points and worked out 3 times so I'm feeling discouraged and it's only my first week!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #4  
Aussie girl

S/C/G: 210/146/146

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereel View Post
It's my first weigh-in after my first week of the first time I've ever tried Weight Watchers...and I lost HALF a pound. Is this normal?

I read that the rate of weight loss should be 1-2lbs per week, with a bit of spike at the beginning. I can lose half a pound by just by using the bathroom! I've been on track with points and worked out 3 times so I'm feeling discouraged and it's only my first week!
WW actually states 0.5 - 2lb a week. Usually a big weight loss is mostly fluid anyway so perhaps you didn't have that much fluid to lose. I rarely have a "big" weight loss the first week either (I have had many first weeks in my time)

Be patient. It will happen.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #5  
Aussie girl

Hello everyone! I am new around here! looking for a place for support and friends.

I am originally from Australia but now live here in NC. Looking forward to making some new friends.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

texas - sounds like you are back on plan good job

Shereel hang in there hun not everyone fits into the stats goodness knows I don't....I have only lost 3lbs since the first week in Feb...just keep going at it

electrongirl - welcome! we are always glad to see new faces, please post often

Ok chickies after my WI this morning I was down .6 but today was not a good eating day....can you say the weeklies will be gone very soon if I keep this up? My downfall was a business day trip that was unexpected so my choices today were the best I could make of them but still....oh and the slice of chocolate banana bread was a casualty of war.

Ah well back to normal tomorrow with planing (soup is on the stove cooling for lunches) water water water and the gym
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

OKay, this weekend is going to be tricky so I'm trying to plan!

I have my first craft show this weekend (I make jewelry and figurines out of polymer clay) and so I'll be there all day and for that I can pack my own lunch to take. But it's near my parents and I'm staying with them all weekend because then it's Mother's Day, so it's going to be a lot of homecooked food from my mom which is awesome but not always as easy to count. Plus because of the craft show I have to miss my Saturday morning yoga class, but I *am* planning on still doing my normal Sunday morning run, I'm just packing my workout clothes and shoes and such. I can do it, though! Just going to require planning!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

Sounds like fun tudor! As for the food on Mothers day do you plan to eat out or cook at mom's? Maybe you can suggest you do the cooking that way you can pick the menu? That is what I just did today was made plans to cook for my sister and mother so I am in control of what we eat
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!! I have a general question for you all - do you all do as I do, which is that after my weigh in day I cheat like crazy??

For example: I weigh in on Thursdays. So between now and Thursday I'll be so good. And then whatever the result is, I eat like crazy!! If I lost, it's a celebration. If I stay the same or gain, it's out of anger and/or hopelessness.

Do you all do that? Or is it just my sense of futility?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

LOL I wish I did but I just keep doing what I have been doing. I have good days and bad, good wi and bad ones. But....I do try to plan for those splurge days
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Hello to all the new people!

I've used losses, stalls and gains as an excuse to eat before. This time it just feels different and I don't really feel the need to do that. I try to look at it like other addictions. If an alcoholic goes X days without alcohol, you don't reward him with a shot of whiskey, also, if he falls off the wagon, you don't encourage him to drink more. I know we have to eat, but I don't want to reward good/bad behavior with unhealthy food. It should be a conscious decision that I plan to have say, a slice of cake or a special dinner out.

I'm so happy I am done with classes for the semester. I finally get to have my lunch breaks back and the whole family will be together in the evenings again. I'll have much more time to prep healthy meals which is especially helpful for left overs. Yum yum!

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 05-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I've been having a pretty rough month or so. Easter candy snuck itself in to my life and I have been on a downward spiral since then it seems. But I went to the doctor's today for my checkup and she was proud of me for being down another 11 pounds. But, looking back on it, I'm mad that I'm only down 11 pounds in one year.

I feel so much better about myself, am in size 10's and 12's, and feel strong and healthy. But I know now that I need to really focus and, hopefully with the summer coming, I can get my mojo back and the pounds can start coming off for good again
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #13  
Aussie girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi0903 View Post
Hi everyone!! I have a general question for you all - do you all do as I do, which is that after my weigh in day I cheat like crazy??

For example: I weigh in on Thursdays. So between now and Thursday I'll be so good. And then whatever the result is, I eat like crazy!! If I lost, it's a celebration. If I stay the same or gain, it's out of anger and/or hopelessness.

Do you all do that? Or is it just my sense of futility?
When I was weighing in every week, I weighed in on Tuesday morning, then Tuesday was my "Big" day. I didn't cheat, as I stayed within my weeky points, but it was the only day during the week I would go over my dailies.

The night before weigh in I would eat very low sodium foods and I wouldn't eat or drink anything before weigh in, which was at 9am so that wasn't too hard.

Allow yourself a treat day, within your weeklies once a week. It helps!!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #14  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereel View Post

I lost 2 my first week on PP and then 5 the next. It's different for every body.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #15  
Aussie girl

I have been really naughty and not tracking or eating well so today I am back on track!! I really need to kick my self in the butt otherwise all my hard work is going to be for nothing.

Anyone want to kick my butt too!? haha
Closed Thread