Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Wink WW Weekly Chit Chat: 4/23 - 4/29

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Good (almost afternoon) morning, everyone!

What a hectic weekend. Had dinner with my father-in-law, and then a shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law this weekend. Lots of food stuff around. Good news is that I avoided most of the traps. But, I definitely feel very stiff having been sitting and traveling in the car for hours each day.

On to the new week. Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Lovely: Glad you avoided all the "bad" foods. I had a cupcake over the weekend but they were my sister's homemade variety and I tried to plan accordingly and eat a very light dinner.

I was outside all week and still show a gain on the scales. Boo! I'm pretty sure it's from going of the pill and those hormones (lack of) wrecking havoc on my system, exacerbated by PCOS. I hope it settles down soon as I really don't want to go back on hormones just to be able to lose weight.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #4  

Hello everyone! I am new to this thread, new to posting on this forum, and fairly new to WW in general. I am trying to recover this week after a not so great weekend. I haven't gone over my points but still need to rein it in.

Just a little about myself: My name is Steph and I am a 37 year old mother living in TX. I have a 14 year old daughter, a 21 year old stepdaughter, a 5 month old grandson, 4 dogs, a cat, and a husband. My house is pretty crazy most of the time.

Hope to be able to join in on the thread here to meet some new people!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Last week was one busy work week! I work at a church, and twice a year, we cancel services and head out into the community to repair homes and clean yards for people who otherwise would not be able to do it themselves, be it for financial or physical reasons.

I have spent the last several months organizing and the weekend was finally here! I will admit that I didn't do well water wise. I didn't even track my food. I DID get tons of exercise as we ran around the community spot checking, hauling materials, unloading trailers, and lending a hand at a few places. All in all it was a great weekend - we helped 22 homeowners, visited 50 nursing home patients, packed boxes for military personell, and sewed blankets for sick/hospitalized members. Best of all we had over 125 volunteers!

Anyway sorry to ramble. I'll see how the week effected my weight at WI tomorrow, but even if I have a slight gain I won't be upset!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I have jury duty for the first time ever tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous because I don't know what to expect, but people I work with all advised me to bring a book! I am going to pack my lunch/snacks to tide me over so that I don't get tempted by the Panda Express that is close by LOL

We were on April break from school last week and I'm enjoying the day off again LOL
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I had a pretty good weekend. Went to a birthday party at a bar Saturday night and friends are posting pictures on FB and I look so thin!! My face especially, it's crazy!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Wow everyone is doing so awesome so far this week.....

I have taken in a respite care foster girl for the next few days she is great a cool 16 year old girl. So this means I really have to watch what I am eating and plan plan plan

I am down this week so that is a good sign but still have not been able to break that mental and weight barrier that has been my block for the last 5 years I get so close to 150 and then just can't seem to get below that so frustrating!

Ah well

Ok I am going to scoot for today will check back in later
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thootiequeen View Post
Just a little about myself: My name is Steph and I am a 37 year old mother living in TX. I have a 14 year old daughter, a 21 year old stepdaughter, a 5 month old grandson, 4 dogs, a cat, and a husband. My house is pretty crazy most of the time.
Yay! Another Texan! Welcome! Hope you get settled in and have lots of success on your plan.

I'm feeling a little better today after my horrible weigh in yesterday. I think my body may be adjusting, finally, after going off the pill. I was back down to 231.8, only .4 pounds higher than my before weight. I hope I can stay on plan and just barely squeak in under 230. Two pounds is pretty aggressive but I'd really like the little boost from seeing 229.X on the scale.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning chickies! Today is going to be busy busy busy and I won't be able to get to the gym....not good but I hurt my knee yesterday so this will give it a day of rest.

The bad news....DH brought home a package of chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies....they are calling my name like you would not beleive an whole choir of them singing loud...........
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a horrible and stressful day at work. The good news is that I did not eat to drown my emotions.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #12  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Yesterday I bought two sets of dumb bells (3 and 5 lbs). I really need to work on my arms and found a great 10 minuted video online. Plus I had a Walmart Gift Card so they didn't really cost me anything

This weekend I'm attempting to make chocolate strawberry sorbet with my ice cream maker. I've made ice cream before but not sorbet and I have no idea how it will turn out. The mix is my fridge right now and it at least tastes good, I just hope it freezes properly! I don't know why I never thought to make sorbet before, especially chocolate sorbet. It's the perfect alternative to ice cream so I'm hoping it works out.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/189/145

Height: 5'3

mmmmmm sorbet sounds good!

We have been having a tough week in our household, DH fractured his ankle at work last thursday so we haven't been getting out for our regular exercise and DH thinks he has an excuse not to stick to the plan grrrrrrr.......

I have managed to stay within my points even while watching him eat chips and ice cream, and i am even down another pound. The goal this next week is to get him back on track and try to get him moving a bit more as the doctors have told him he has to walk if we wants his ankle to heal.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #14  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Cablgirl sounds like DH wants some caring for, and if he can get some food goodies while he is at it, all the better....I have one of those hubbies...lol. I hope he recovers soon. My Dh is sitting with his foot up, he fractured his ankle years ago playing baseball, and I mean years ago. Today it is swollen again, and bothering him...seems arthritis found a way in. Tell him to take care of that ankle.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #15  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

It has been a long week, with the Daycrae and my Grandsons here after the Daycare closes as their Mom is at work, and Dad is away working. But I love having them. My week of food is good, but last week was a 3.8 loss, so I don't think it much matters how good I am this week, I will stay the same or even gain a bit. It is the eb and way of things, and I am ok with that. The weekend is coming though and I don't do well on the weekends...to many things get in my way and take over, instead of me staying number one. Opps here comes a cat, to lay on the keyboard, I think he is jealous of the laptop...lol. Stay Op and smile.
Closed Thread