Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #1  

Talking St. Patrick's Day Challenge

Well, ladies, the Valentine's Day Challenge was a huge success!
The #'s that are in so far indicate that between four of us we lost 30.0lbs in just four weeks!!!!!!

The new challenge will be the next four weeks, taking us to St. Patrick's Day!
When you set your goal it may help if you give your starting weight for this challenge, since you may not remember a month from now!
To make this challenge more fun, let's give a reward that we will give to ourselves if we reach our goals!
We were able to lose 30lbs together this time- but that was with a couple of first week mega losses. Lets aim for a group loss of 5lbs/person this time!

My goal will be to reach 164lbs, my starting weight is 169.2.
I will do this by STICKING TO MY PTS RANGE, and EXERCISING 5 days a week!
When I acheive this I will try on my pre-pregnancy clothes! This is a reward because most of them are still new!

Last edited by SaskieMom; 02-19-2003 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #2  

Thumbs down Count me in!

I was very pleased with my first month of WW, but the past few days have been crazy and I have not been as good as I need to be. It will be very good for me to start a new challenge today.

I will stick to my points and start exercising. My goal is to lose 8# by St. Patrick's Day.

If I do, then I get a manicure.

Let's roll!!

Melanie
222.2/112.6/140
Old 02-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi girls:

My goal by St. Patricks Day will be to reach 190
C/W = 195.6#

I will stay within my range & plan for "extra special" things with bf instead of just going along with whatever and exercise 3 times a week.

Today at lunch time I went for a swim.

I will get a facial for my reward.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #4  

Hi! How's it going today? I am doing good, pts-wise. Have not exercised yet, but I am waiting for my walking buddy to be ready. I feel more in control today, and will work hard to stay that way!
Mel- Is there an error in your stats? I wondered that before, but forgot to mention it!
Bandit2-Good idea, planning for events with bf! It is always dh's 'surprise' munchie attacks that get me in trouble! He is getting worse for bringing things home as a surprise. And because I have fluked off and lost in spite of eating them, he thinks I must need to eat them!
Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2003, 04:22 PM   #5  

Default Oops!

Oops! You are right. Must be wishful thinking.

Melanie
222.2/212.6/140
Old 02-20-2003, 11:49 AM   #6  

I definately need this challenge, mind if I join? I have been on WW for 4 weeks, and lost the same 10 lbs every other week, only to gain it back the next. I am joining the gym this weekend with my tax return, so that should help. I would like to lost the 10 lbs and keep it off!!

SW: 200
CW: 200
GW: 190
Old 02-20-2003, 09:39 PM   #7  

Talking

Just checking in. I had my first WI tonight since V-Day. I was sure that I had done lousy, but I lost 1.8! Yippee! That was a nice surprise. I hope everyone else is having a great week.

Melanie
222/210/140
Old 02-21-2003, 06:24 AM   #8  

I'm in. Its been a rough couple weeks, but I didnt gain any. But this next challenge will be better for me cause I am not joining in on it during the last week!

I want to be down 10 by St. Patrick's Day.

Starting Weight: 240

Current Weight: 235

St. Patrick's Day Goal: 225

Wedding Goal: 180-190

Goal: 150
Old 02-21-2003, 08:26 AM   #9  

Default i'm in!

I'm definitely in for this one! Hmm, my reward will be a pint of guiness? Just kidding! My reward will be that I will buy some new pants! Right now I've got the range of pants many of us have from my very lightest weight to my heighest weight--some of them are even worn out in thighs because of my thighs rubbing together when I walk!!
A new pair of pants would definitely be a great reward (aside from being closer to my goal weight)!
SW 156 CW142 GW 130
Old 02-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #10  

Crast1980- Welcome to the challenge! Don't worry about those 10 lbs, you will be able to get rid of them for good soon! If you have any questions, someone around here will be able to help out!
Mel- Great job! Soon you WILL be closer to that "oops" number! Although it was a little low!!!! Are you back on track now, since your WI went so well?
Jeff'sAngel- Glad to see you again! Put the past couple of weeks behind you, and hop back OP! We want you to look AMAZING in that beautiful wedding dress!!
sunnyd- Welcome! Can I ask how tall you are? If I were at 156 I would be a very happy girl! Have you been on WW long?

I am having a great OP week, and have gotten exercise in every day so far. I am anticipating an equally good weekend...good luck to everyone!!
Old 02-21-2003, 01:22 PM   #11  

Saskiemom - good for you with the exercise

I have stayed OP all this week. Now comes the hardest part - the weekend. But I really feel pumped & bf and I are going for a really long walk tonight before we do anythine else.

I am going to make the right choices this weekend & have a weight loss on Monday.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Hang in there over the weekend.

Bye for now
Old 02-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #12  

Count me in also! I'm hoping for a 10 lb loss by St. Patricks Day. I had a really good day today but just like Bandit I'm also dreading the weekend. But I'm sure I'll get plenty of excersise trying to sweep the water out of my basement!

My St. Pats reward will be a new pair of jeans (or boots)!

Good Luck all and enjoy your weekend!

Tracy
172.8/170.7/135
Old 02-22-2003, 02:38 AM   #13  

Thumbs up

I am in again also because all that weight I lost last time I gained back. except three but at least I still am down three.

My starting weight is 187
my ending goal will be 182

I will stay op
I wll drink 96 oz of water a day
I will limit Myself to 3 diet sodas a day
I will excercise 3 days weekly

I have a question about excercise though does it count as excercise if you are working and you do a lot of fast walking?
I work for fast food and I am always running around cleaning and other things.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:53 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone & welcome new members:

Went for an hour long walk last night with bf, so that is a good start for the weekend. Also was under points yesterday which is nice to have a few extra for Sat night.

Hope everyone else is doing great - bye for now.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:45 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!

Finally, I can tap into the website again. My computer bit the dust and I had to get a new one. The cost to repair the old one (yeah..old after only 4 yrs!) would have been $1200 and that is if they could get the parts for it. Oh well..it's only money

After all that, I definately need a new challenge. This will keep my mind on something other than waving goodbye to my hard-earned cash for that new toy..lol

Current Weight: 170
St.Patricks Goal: 165

Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily

Exercise at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes each

Stay OP and bank 5 by the end of each week

My reward will be a facial ,manicure, & pedicure

Luck to all!
Closed Thread