Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat - November 8th - 14th

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting this weeks weekly chat thread. I just wanted to share some non-scale victories.

- I think my (literal) stomach is shrinking. When I first restarted WW in October, I committed to eating oatmeal for breakfast every day. I would use a 1/2 cup scoop raw oats (which feels more like 1- 1/2 cups after cooking). The last 2 weeks I downgraded to a 1/3 cup (raw oats) and the last few days I haven't been able to finish but maybe half that cooked amount. Halfway through the bowl I check in with my stomach and my brain says, "Yeah, you're full".. AND I'm still satisfied through lunch like I was with the 1/2 cup (raw oats) portion.

Next NSV- getting a grip on my after-dinner sweets snacking. Baby steps.

- Yesterday, my SO attended a bodyflex class with me at my gym for the first time in 7 years. We used to go together all the time, but gave up and ate our way through 30- 60 lbs over the years. We both started WW last year and lost 25- 30 lbs, but went through some personal stuff and gave up on it. I finally had enough of the gain and restarted WW in June and he's seen me crack down on my weight loss with a vengeance... he's had no interest in restarting (stubborn), but we've had a breakthrough and I think he's finally willing to get some exercise. Hopefully he'll restart WW in January when his work will cover it again. *x-fingers*

Anyone else have some NSVs? I know a lot of us are having a hard time tracking lately (me included).. how about a commitment to each other to just do it?

"Do or do not, there is no try[ing]"- Master Yoda

Last edited by girlsenberry; 11-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

So, Thanksgiving... what were/are your master plans to stay "good" for the holiday?

I plan on indulging, but am going to bring my own 1/4 measuring cup & tablespoon to measure out portions. I tend to be heavy-handed when eyeballing things. I'm realistic enough to know I won't be under 29 pts, and am going to be kind enough to myself to enjoy a little turkey, stuffing (with gravy) greenbean casserole, brussel sprouts w/ bacon, pumpkin pie & eggnog. My goal is NOT to go for 2nds.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Unhappy Sugar Binge

Hi, well after my gorge on leftover halloween chocolate bars..I'm still eating things that are not good for me!
Its like my body is in hyped up sugar mode! I had a piece of carrot cake today with icing! I didn't need it.. still bought it...and ate the darn thing at my break.
I felt sick after it was sooo much sugar
I need to learn this.....I only have 11 weekly points left for the week. I weigh -in Friday, so only two days to go...such a hard week for me and it all started with the kids halloween candy!!@!!
I do feel bloated - could this be from all the sugar I'm eating this week? OMG its probably lbs gained back! Ok I wont freak....yet
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #4  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

SLIMplicity, I did the same thing today! Then I proceeded to throw out the rest of the candy to get it out of the house. Now I have two mad children! Oh, well. They don't need to eat anymore either. Like my leader told me last week. Halloween is a holiDAY, not a holiWEEK!! I'm now trying to wash away all the sugar and fat and bloated feeling with water. I just chugged two liters so I'll probably be up all night peeing.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Last edited by loserjulie; 11-08-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: missed word
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

great idea girlsenberry. I need to just do it, even when I have an absolutely horrible day like yesterday :-/

Also, congrats on the NSV! Those are awesome things!

I'm having a hard week ... not even food wise, just overall. I went back to counseling yesterday (by myself) and have a whole slew of emotional things to deal with in regards to the husband (soon to be ex). Our living situation is just not emotionally healthy for me but .... I don't have a choice and it is frustrating. And depressing. Not to mention demotivating.

Even tho I ate like crap yesterday I went to the gym. I guess that counts for something

Exams today, monday and thursday. I might go insane. lol.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #6  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Awesome NSV girlsenberry!

Good luck for you exams, patchy. Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time right now

SLIM, big trouble with Halloween treats over here too. At least the bf finish the chocolat candy bars last night... That's a thing gone!

Having an ''okay week'', eating not that well, but not that bad. Exercising not that well, but not that bad.

Today is my birthday (25, oh god) and we're going to a new steakhouse tonight... The menu looks SOOO good, I will have to be a master to control myself there. At least grilled meat is more hockey than the italian/past/creamy stuff we went last year lol

Have a good day everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Happy Happy Birthday Turbo--enjoy you evening out!

Patchy I am sorry things are rough for you right now but it does get better. Take it from someone who has been there done that. Just keep smiling

I gave away the last of the halloween candy yesterday it felt soo good to get rid of it. Now I am not tempted at work to snack on it.

Well I have been back to the gym now for two days and the knee is still a bit tender but I will push through it. I get a free 30 min session with a personal trainer friday so that ought to be interesting

I am hoping that by the time turkey day is here I will have my tracking back on track and be able to say...yeah I am full I don't need anymore to eat even though all this food is just to die for LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #8  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Having an extremely bad week. Super busy at work and I've been using that as an excuse to eat horribly. I actually bought a candy bar out of the vending machine today because I though I deserved it for busting my butt all day. Now I feel horrible for eating it. I'm so close to my goal so I feel like I'm starting to self-sabotage myself so I still have weight to lose, rather than learning how to maintain. I can't even explain why I think this makes sense in my head. I'm dreading my Saturday weigh-in but I know I have to go so I don't keep slipping down this slippery slope. I don't understand how I had so much willpower for so long and now I feel like I have none.
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

weight loss is NO joke ladies. Thats all i can say. Ive been struggling so much through these last 6 weeks or so. I lose a little, gain it back, or stay the same. Its so depressing. The worst part of it is, i have no idea what i am doing wrong. I broke through the barrier 2 weeks ago and landed in onederland, then last week gained 2 lbs back and ended up back at 202lbs, even though i busted my a$$ all week cause i wanted to get even further down, i was so motivated. I went to weigh in and then i felt like i got smushed into the ground. All day i felt lower than low. Ive tried hard again this week like all weeks and i just dont know whats going on with my body.

To make myself feel better and to re-motivate myself i bought this new jacket. See picture below if it works. I am so excited to get it this week. I dont think it will fit me yet, but its definitely going to help me kick it into high gear.

http://www.polyvore.com/****_bunny_m...ng?id=35155539

(Where the asteriks are there due to censoring, put in the word he ll (all together)) or just click the link, i think it will still work :P
i think its cute and screams my personality. Cant wait to fit into it.

Last edited by mercuryblue; 11-10-2011 at 11:20 PM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #10  

Thx nancy for the wishes

mercury : OMG this jacket is so cute! I have a neverending love for love for dots lol. Sorry to hear you're having a rough pass Just think that one day, all your effort WILL pay. Hold on!

Official WI this morning, down 0,8 pounds. I ate so bad this week, I will definitely take in.

In the NSV area, I ran a full 10k for the FIRST time yesterday. I was so proud... until my ankle starting hurting like H*** this morning. Might take it slow on the running part for this weekend... I'm starting my 14 weeks training for the 10k, a friend and I are going in for the Winterman Ottawa race in february. YAY!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

My weight was up all week, gained the 2lb last week. Then this morning for WI my weight went down. So i ended up losing 5lb this week. For a total loss of 51lb. I got my 50lb charm and am sitting at 197. I am pretty happy, i think my body is so messed up when it comes to it knowing when to lose and how much!! blah!! but a good week none the less. I guess that puts me officially over halfway through my journey

Last edited by mercuryblue; 11-11-2011 at 12:15 PM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #12  

mercury, that is awesome! Welcome back in Onderland

Since... 5 minutes ago, I officially entered myself for the 10 Winterman in Ottawa. YICKS! It's done, no looking back, and the training is starting on tuesday!

Have a great friday ladies!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

mercuryblue congrats and 5lb in one week whoa!

Turbomamath take it easy with your ankle and great job for entering the race wow!

for a NSV for me I have tracked my food and exercise for 25 days on myfitnesspal. I am finding it is easier for me than writing in a journal and I don't have the ww tools online. It is easy for me to convert the calories, fat & fiber into points so I stay on track. Plus it is a great tool for me to watch calories and points.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Hey ladies.

Turbo way to go on the race! Enjoy the training that was always my favorite part. Mercury congrats on the loss this week. Nancy awesome job on your NSV of tracking!

I have been struggling for about 6 weeks or so. With my weight up and down and all around the 145 spot. My body loves it here. I have a big move tomorrow and super stressed about it. I ended my contract job yesterday and start full time at my new job back in the city (for those that care I moved from the city to the country about 2 hours away in July and now moving back to the city.) needless to say my eating has not been perfect but I have not missed one day of tracking since I started WW on may 30! My exercise is slim to none for the last few months.
I'm hoping that once I get settled back in the city I will find my grove again and start to lose again.

As for today I spent it with my mom who I'm moving 2 hours away from and we got our hair done and went out for all you can eat sushi! Not good for my diet but it was amazing. Back on track! Wish me luck with the move tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #15  

nancy, 25 days straight tracking... that is awesome! I don't know what is happening right now here, everybody here (including me) seems to have so much trouble tracking... Maybe it's the decreasing temperature? Winter that si coming? some weird effect of 2011/11/11? LOL Congrats on sticking to plan, your hard work will definitely pay up!

Proatthis, it seems our bodiews desesperatly hold on to a specific weight... Only God knows why! Maybe with the stress gone and the routine coming back after you've settled in your new way of life, things might get better... Good luck for you moove, and I'm SO jealous of the all you can eat sushis LOL