Old 11-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chat - November 1st - 7th

Wow... November already. Brrrrrr......

How is everyones week going? i am trying to hold it together for another successful week on the scales. Again trying to eat like a champ. Headed to the gym a few times and trying to muster up enough energy to go to the gym after work at midnight.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all!

Keep up the good work, mercury you're doing awesome!

It's my birthday in exactly a WEEK and we've been trying to organize something for this weekend. About half of my friends won't be able to completly make it though. I'm a little bit disapointed

Except that, I need to be careful with the food, I'm having too much fun with the candies left from Halloween lol

Have a great week everyone
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow mercury that would take some dedication to go after midnight..at least for me. Good job!

Turbo Happy almost birthday!

I am doing good on my points so far this week, but that halloween candy did scream at me a few times <sigh> oh well I donated what we had left to the office far away from my desk
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, guys. Happy November! I love this time of year, minus the super cold we've been having in Oregon- I usually don't expect it until December/ Jan. My fingers and toes are freezing! So far, so good on the candy-front, I only had 5 mini chewy lemonheads (1 PP) and amazingly have stayed away from the chocolate.

So, I've been doing WW properly for about a month now & working out consistently for about 2 weeks (an hour a day). In addition to logging my (daily) weight, I'm keeping track of my measurements once a month. I measured myself last night and -get this- while I'm down roughly 9 lbs in the last month, I've GAINED anywhere from half an inch, to an inch, on each body part (neck, shoulders, biceps, tummy, thighs, etc). What is THAT?! I know that if it were reverse- inches down, lbs up it's because muscle weighs more than fat... but inches up, lbs down??
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Hey everyone.

I'm struggling and hope to get a grip soon. Since thanksgiving it hasn't been good. I hate the cold weather and the shorter days. I have been eating way to much chocolate for my own good. And I just don't seem to be getting in consistent exercise. I'm still joirnaling but man I'm not feeling motivated.

Good job mercury on getting to the gym at midnight. I don't know how you do it.

Happy pre birthday Turbo. My baby girl turns 15 this Sunday. I hope you have a great birthday get together.

Girlsenberry I don't understand the scale and inches thing but keep your chin up and congrats to sticking to WW for over a month!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #6  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Hey, all. I'm doing good with staying away from the Halloween candy but I will admit I've stashed a couple pieces away for after my Saturday weigh-in. I almost can't stop thinking about it! Lately it seems I eat good all week and then after I weigh-in on Saturday mornings, I go a little crazy. Ok, maybe alot crazy! I just feel like I eat constantly all day and then spend the next six days paying for it. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a fear of getting to my goal and then going into maintenance. It's so much fun to see the scale go down that maintenance doesn't seem like as much fun. Am I self-sabotaging? Anyone else done anything like this?
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

I am sucking. hardcore. i keep waiting to fix it and then falling on my face again.

girlsenberry --- muscle and fat weight the same but muscle generally takes up a smaller physical area than fat (pound for pound) BUT if you have been working out a lot you might be holding onto water or you might have just gained muscles in those areas but lost fat elsewhere ?
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchymama View Post
I am sucking. hardcore. i keep waiting to fix it and then falling on my face again.
Hold on, patchy! It seems a lot of us are on the same boat right now, struggeling a bit with the weight loss... We're all here with you!

and thanx proatthis and nancylmrn for the pre birthday wishes lol!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

There are so many holidays through out the year that will derail us if we let them! Christmas coming up will be one of those!!! Mmmmm I love my moms cooking!! Halloween wasn't too bad for me. I don't care for chocolate so it doesn't tempt me thankfully. If people were handing out potato salad and greasy fried stuff I'd be in a lot of trouble lol.

I have been hittin up the gym at midnight, sometimes I don't get home till 2am or so. I work full evenings all the time, I figure its the best time to go. However, I wonder if excersising at that time is still effective. I try anyhow and I guess that's the main thing!!

I am supposed to have weigh in tomorrow morning, but I may adjust and go on saturday since this morning my weight was up a little, probably sodium. And by a little I mean a good solid 5lbs! Soooo I think I'd like to wait a little. I couldn't handle that heartbreak tomorrow... I will be upping my water intake and see if it helps.also if I do lose at weigh in, I may get my 50lb loss charm! Which is exciting
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #10  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Damn you, Reese's cups! I'm up 1.8 this week after some awful eating on vacation and of course temping halloween candy at the office. Oh well, back on track this week!!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #11  

Overate today. Again.

I have my WI tomorrow morning, Hope it won't results in a gain. :/

On the other hand, I bought the cutest.shoes.ever. tonight. Super high blue heels. No more all swellen feet... YEEEEEAH!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #12  

oh Turbo, I love shoes lately :-/ I think its a side effect of losing weight.... so many new shoe options *laughs*

I had a good day yesterday. I'm hoping today is an easy day but I'm feeling anti cooking already :-/ And I'm planning on meeting BFF for drinks tonight.... My instinct is just not eat and that is bad *laughs*
Old 11-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Oh my turbo love the sound of those shoes...I a such a shoe hound! My dh calles me imelda

Well I am down with a knee injury so the gym is out for a few days and I am so afraid that is going to really mess me up with my weigh in on Monday.

So far today I have done good on my food choices but the evenings are always the challenge

I will check in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #14  

I'm sorry Nancy! Injuries are frustrating and hard

I ran my 5k today! I did it in 46 mins and only walked about 6 minutes of it I believe. I really didn't think I would be able to since I still had not gotten past 3K at the gym and that 3K took me 30 minutes! I guess I ran faster not on the treadmill.... tho it was also harder being uphill and freezing cold. My shins are killing me tonight.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Congrats Patchymama!!!! Way to go on the 5k. Now make sure you stretch out your calves since that is a big factor in the sore shins.

I weighed in yesterday with a loss of 2 pounds. Then we had my daughters birthday party and I ate soooo much. And drank. Used all my dailies plus 30 of my weeklies. Oh well today is the start of a new week.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote