Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default starting tomorrow

And very nervous! Any tips? Or tools I should pick up at the meeting?? I think I will get the books offered, with the points values, eating out points etc. (I dont know what they're really called).

I lost 25lbs plus my baby weight (total of 66lbs) and have about 80 more to lose!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey! Congrats on losing those 66 pounds! That's great!

Don't be too nervous. You'll go into the meeting and sign up. Then they'll have you weigh-in and give you a bunch of materials.

There will be a meeting, and after the meeting you sit down with the leader to go over exactly how the program works.

Your first week you'll just be learning how to count points and keep track of things. It's not at all difficult. If you have any questions you can ask your leader or post here. There are plenty of WW members who've been at this for a bit so we might be able to lend a hand with certain questions.

You'll be fine. Go and have fun!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/229/165

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Welcome to the Weight Watchers bandwagon!!! I just re-joined tonight and I was given lots of materials to read and everything I need to have a successful week. Even though I've done Weight Watchers before, I wanted to pretend like it was my first time, so I stayed for the instruction meeting after the regular one. I'm really planning to reach my goal no matter what, so I encourage you to join me and all the others! We are in this together, so feel free to ask questions and let us know what is working well for you.....
mistyseaocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.8/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Going to your first meeting is the biggest step!! Good for you! My one word of advice? For the first few weeks, weigh and measure ALL your food, track like crazy, and really get the Points counting down. Makes all the difference!
SkineeMinnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #5  
Relying on His strength

S/C/G: 252/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, or if you've left already, but if you will be wearing shoes, jeans, etc. during the winter months, I would wear that to my first weigh in so you don't see a + on the scale because of change in weather.

My first meeting was last Saturday. I bought the kit, which at my center was marked down $5 for first timers...that included the books, the 3 month journal, and the calculator. I also bought the podometer, which I love although I think it's a tad sensative. I pause it often! It will go up 30 points or so when I use the bathroom even (and I'm not dancing, lol).

I am loving this plan so far - hope you will too!
Mytwosweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

My biggest advice to anyone who is "starting tomorrow" or "starting Monday" is:

START TODAY You dont have to do the complete overhaul today but start by making better choices today. This will help you avoid the "last hoorah" attitude. (I used to do this and would eat everything in sight because I thought it was my last chance to eat what I wanted)... needless to say - tomorrow and Monday never came... until I got serious and decided to start TODAY.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote