Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #16  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I don't know what a PCP is. My thoughts are there are many other things that will do that to your body. Hypothyroidism is one, and that is the tip of the hormonal iceberg. Drug side effects are another. Hopefully you'll get some results in your blood work that can rule out some stuff and possibly point to the reason.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

PCP is primary care physician. I had my liver, thyroid and cholesterol all checked and that was all perfect. Hopefully they confirm what these symptoms are, i wish the fatigue would go away at least. I'm going back Sat to walk the WW plank lol! I've been tracking for 2 weeks now and hoping to get to the gym next week.

Ugghhh, now we are getting Irene here on the coast on Sunday no fun!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #18  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

When you are "done" with your PCP, go see the gyno with the results and the PCP's possible diagnosis. I know myself am in perimenopause but I'm 51 and it has been for the past year...TOM isn't yet "gone" and as a matter of fact, I didn't have it for months and it returned when I started WWPP. I am hypo, diabetic, fatty liver. I should put that in my signature...lol I'm sure whatever is happening, you and your docs will find the reason. You mentioned stopping birth control - you should look at those side effects as well. From a website: http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.co...th_control.htm - The adverse effects produced by the estrogenic component of the birth control pill includes nausea, breast tenderness, fluid retention, temporary increase in blood pressure, thrombosis, changes in mood, and chloasma. The second component of the birth control pill, progestin, causes weight gain, nervousness, depression, tiredness, and acne.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 08-25-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: adding site/text
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #19  

Thank you very much for that link, i will look there for more information. I was having all these symptoms 6-7 months before stopping the pill. I only stopped this past Monday. Today i woke up with TOM but it's not normal, another side effect.....and it's 8-10 days early oh well, can't help mother nature i guess!!! Have to go with the flow...no pun intended lol!! I just wish the headaches would go away if nothing else. I woke up with another one today.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #20  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

I had my little girl when I was 42! I had tried my whole life, so I am a firm believer that miracles do happen
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #21  

That's encouraging. I'm officially trying but haven't told anyone except one friend. I'm too impressionable by what everyone around me says. Everyone has their opinion and i tend to sway that way without thinking about my bf and his thoughts. I'm scared to death like can i afford it, will i be a good mother and so on. But this may be my only chance and i don't want to look back and regret not trying!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #22  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

Somehow it just works. You make it work. I completely changed when I became a mom. You cut down on other stuff, you use resources, and reach out to people for help. Good luck with it all
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #23  

That's true, somehow with everyting you make it work. I was afraid to buy my house and my friend said the same thing. And it's working lol! Another concern is my weight, getting alot bigger being pregnant scares the heck out of me. My body image issue is there bigtime. Not sure if it changes while pregnant or not?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #24  

Well now i have good news! The bloodwork showed that my hormone levels are all normal. It's something else affecting me this way, and think it's my anti-depressant. Well at least i'm not under the baby making pressure lol! Thank you all for such great support....i love this place
Old 09-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #25  
Hap
next stop: fit & fabulous

S/C/G: 181.8/174.4/142

Wonderful! It sucks not to know definitively what the prob is but I'm happy for you! Yay!
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote