Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 02:44 PM   #1  

Default A question about meetings...

I am thinking of joining ww. I am a typical yo-yo loser, and I think the structure and accountability may help me. My question is about meetings. Is it really important to attend the same meeting every week? My local chapter offers a Saturday morning which is best for me. We do leave town on the weekends now and then, and I wondered if I could make it to another meeting on those weeks. The Saturdays we are in town, my husband can watch the kids. During the week I would likely have to pay a babysitter, so I am trying to avoid this as much as possible. any input would be appreciated!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #2  
Running Babe

2Angels:

The meeting subject week to week is the same, so if you go to a Tuesday meeting it will have the same theme as a Saturday meeting, so from that aspect it doesn't matter at all. You can attend any meeting you like. A lot of people find going to the same meeting good in many ways, first of all you'll get to see the same leader week to week, you get a week between weigh-ins and you'll prpbably get to form a bond with some members of the group, but life happens as you know and it is normal for people to miss a week or go to other meeting times, . If you like your Saturday morning leader check and see if she has another class during the week. Some leaders have quite a few. If not, there;'s no harm in going to another class! There might even be some mom&tot ones you can go to.

Good Luck!

Ali
Old 01-24-2003, 01:10 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Ali is right you dont have to attend the same meeting each week.
You do form a bond with certain people if you do. But if it isnt possible you need to do what works into your lifestyle.

When you go to your regular meeting ask for a schedule of the others so if you cant attend you have a back up plan if need be.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 AM   #4  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default :)

I try to go to the same meeting every week, and it is on a Saturday morning too, at 9 am.

Sometimes there are days that we are going away, and I just stop by, weigh in and try to get away from the meeting (having hubby in the car outside helps!). I don't do that every week, but it is ok once in awhile. Sometimes I go to the leader's Tuesday meeting to 'catch up' on the motivation but don't get weighed...

I went overseas for 3 weeks and could have gone to a meeting there, but the times in the rural area I was staying weren't convenient for me, since they only had one day, one time, one place and we had made plans for visiting friends that night... oh well!!!

I found a great meeting right away, my new WW buddy was not so lucky, she went to 2 bad ones before I convinced her to try the Sat morning one..... she now gets out of bed early to go with me instead of an evening one!!

I feel that if I am going to pay $$, then I want a good leader, one who is motivational and makes you want to check in each week.

Good luck finding a meeting!!!!

Nola.
Closed Thread