Old 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

My NSV today was walking to my mailbox. By the time I made it back home, I had sweated down and my heart felt like it might explode but I DID IT!
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

My NSV today was trying a new workout from a magazine I bought. Good for variety and it was tough!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

My NSV is that I've gotten in all of my GHGs and still have 16 points left for dinner with DH's uncle.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #79  

Default Like!!! Like!!!

I wish there was a "like" thing to click on like on Facebook on this site, that would be awesome. I "like" what you all are doing!

Just had another NSV... I have felt sad and defeated about something. A small "mountain" (we're not talking Mt. Washington, but it is a mountain) I used to climb all the time when I was a kid was something I was unable to do a few years ago when I attempted it.
I decided that I will do it again. I need to get in shape and I need to prove to myself that I can do it. I will do it.
I live on a steep hill, it's about 1/4 mile long. It's a fairly busy road with no sidewalks. I have always excused not walking on that hill as "too hard", "too dangerous". Well, I am proud to say that I just got back from walking the hill. It was so hard for me, but I made it up and down the hill. It didn't take that long and I remembered the rules about walking facing traffic. I was careful and if a car headed towards me, I could step/run out of the way quickly. I did it. I'm glad. It was hot and I really lost my breath, but I did it.

So, while I was on that hill, I noticed trash, a beer bottle, a can, etc. I have a super busy day tomorrow and truly am not sure I could squeeze 5 minutes in daylight to do this walk, but I will do this on Friday if I can't do it tomorrow. I think I'll bring a rubber glove and a bag and pick up trash.

When I can do the hill at some point without getting winded? Then I will add a 2nd time to this! If I can go up and down that hill about a ten times, that equals climbing that mountain I think? Today it was hard to do it one time, but I am a capable person. I have a goal.

The reward will be climbing that mountain and taking pictures of the view.

WHAT IS A GOAL THAT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU? CAN YOU SET THAT GOAL AND WORK EACH DAY TOWARDS IT?
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

My NSV today was working out even though I didn't feel like it, eating the right foods even though I didn't feel like it and taking some time to relax, even though I know my to-do list is LONG!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #81  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Today, I was not a big crybaby.
Its weigh in day at work. I knew the scale at work would be very different from the scale at the "drop in meeting" in my town last week while on vacation. THAT scale, weighed me 2 pounds LESS than my home scale. The office scale weighed me today .2 less than my home scale. So, the net-net of this story is...technically, I'm UP .2, but since I never believed the drop in scale, I'm a winner.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #82  

Thumbs up Proud

I keep getting message after message from this thread and I have to say how immensely proud I am of you all for what you are reporting here.
We can do this. It takes will power and committment. The things you are saying here truly show committment and pride.

You are the winners!

Chick: you are braver than I. I copped out and took a no weigh in pass at yesterday's meeting. But, I was still proud that I went to the meeting.
I was on a three week vacation. I lost control. I know the scale went up, so I just didn't even want to go to the meeting.
Mrs D, when you work out, even when you don't feel like it, it always feels so very good afterwards.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

My NSV today was buying a size SMALL dress from target today. I normal don't buy clothes from there, but there was a cute lil dress on sale so I tried on the medium and it was too blousey. So I got the small and it worked!!! Probably a fluke, but excited nontheless.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
I wish there was a "like" thing to click on like on Facebook on this site, that would be awesome. I "like" what you all are doing!
Me too!
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #85  

Default Yesterday

Firstly, I don't mind a bit of hijacking to converse about things. I re-started my weight loss efforts and for the first time in ages, I did measure myself. Wow, I was shocked at the numbers. It made me feel more committed than ever to know those numbers, especially my waist measurement.

My NSV, yesterday was that I passed on a decadent looking pastry. I was at a quilt show yesterday and I was working for part of the time as a hostess wearing white gloves, so that I could hold out/turn over a quilt for people to see. Visitors are not allowed to touch the quilts, as it should be.

I was on my feet nearly all day. After my work shift ended at 4:00 pm, I needed a cup of coffee and a few moments to sit down. Right beside the coffee and teas, there was a tray of amazing pastries that looked so beautiful. That hotel has a gem of a pastry chef, by the way. At any rate, they were so awesome looking, little cream puffs, chocolate cakes and whatnot and they were all so very pretty. I wanted one.

I even commented (joking truly) to the man at the coffee bar that one of them had a big dent in the frosting and he should give that to me. I was not serious, at all. It did have a dent, though. He noticed it and offered it to me for free, I stepped AWAY from that coffee bar and told him that I was not going to have it and that I am on WW! He smiled and put the pastry away as it was no longer as perfect and pretty as the rest. I had my coffee and that was all I had!

It was tempting, I could have bought one. I could have even have had one for free, but I said no. No is a good thing. : ) In the past, I think I might have given in and had it.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #86  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I actually had two today!

#1) Had a doctor's appointment (my annual "female parts" exam) and found out that I have good blood pressure!

#2) After, I went grocery shopping at a big supermarket town over. But when I got home I realized I had forgotten something. Instead of driving the 1 mile up to the local smaller market, I walked! The road from my apartment up to the main road is this big long hill that I hate, and the last time I did it was 2 years and 35 lbs ago and I was so winded halfway. But this time it was so much easier walking up it!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #87  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I posted this on a different thread, but my NSV was fitting into a pair of size 10 jeans that I bought a few years ago hoping I'd eventually fit into them! I have also gone down to a size medium in shirts!!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

My NSV Today is selling/giving away some of my older plus size clothes--because I fit in size medium shirts and size 12-14 pants! YAY!! No excuses, I need to keep losing. I don't have the clothes calling my name saying it's okay to gain back!!

Annnnnddd....would the OP consider making a new thread for NSV? Maybe a new one every week so it doesn't get so clogged? Some people (especially forum newbies) won't read a thread if it looks like the discussion is too long. Seeing a thread that is 6+ pages long turns them off. KWIM?

Last edited by MrsD2008; 08-21-2011 at 08:03 PM.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #89  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Height: 5'10'

My NSV today was researching and planning out different meal options to help stay OP when I go back to work and to jazz up some of my meals. There are so many food ideas and combinations I hadn't thought of!
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

My NSV this weekend was buying smaller (sexier) bras! Oh and they were on sale at JC Penney for $14.99 each!

I used to be a 36DD and am now a 34D!!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote