Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 08:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of January 13, 2003

Good morning Lifetimers, returning members, and anyone else who wants to jump in!

It's been pretty cold here in PA and even though it was cold I manged to get out and get a little walking in over my lunch hour. I think I've gotten myself on track for the most part. I still need to work on the night time snacking. The hardest obstacle for me is the "mindless" eating. I'm snacking when I'm not even hungry! Grrrr.

I'm waiting the results of my blood work and hoping that the increase in the medication the doctor has me on will bring my BP down. I have another appointment on February 6th.

Hard to believe that today marks the middle of the month. Wasn't it just a few short weeks ago when we were all stressing about the holidays???
Old 01-14-2003, 08:38 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, it's been a little chilly here in Florida. We have 40's at night and 60's during the day. I've kept up my walking and strength training which really helped me during the holidays--no gain.

I'm sorry to hear about your blood pressure problem. I don't like that prescription that you are given for blood pressure. It has many side effects.

I've rubbed off on my boss. He is really watching what he eats (at least during the workweek). He really needs to as he has high cholesterol, high blood pressure and is obese.

Old 01-14-2003, 05:25 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Now we are stressing about the weight we gained during the holidays. LOL.

Still having problems staying OP. Too much stress and too cold weather. I think my body wants to add some fat to stay warm. Or is that just an excuse for my lack of control?
Old 01-14-2003, 05:56 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
Melissa - I'm sorry to hear about your BP medication problems. I hope you and your doc can get things straightened out.

Domina- good for you and rubbing off on your boss. I wish I could rub off on my nearest and dearest a bit more. However, she is now walking home for the university to pick up the car three times a week, which is about 1.5 miles one way, this is progress.

Myra- I figure that my body is happier at the weight that it is now, but gosh darnit. I am sooo unhappy and obsessing way more than usual. Hence my desire to rid it of the alien 15 lbs.

Nothing new here, nothing I am working on is working out correctly, making me pretty cranky at work. I am thinking of leaving after the next attempt to get my data working and starting on the house readying. I am determined to get through my list today and take mr. dog for a nice long walk since it is not actively precipitating. It'll be good for all of us.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:12 AM   #5  

It's cold here this morning, and expected to reach -26 C with the wind chill factor tonite. I feel sorry for the rhododendrons.

Still sniffling and coughing (third week) and hobbling about due to pulled back muscle. No exercise at all for the past three weeks. Ask me if I'm obsessing about what the scale will say the next time I dare get on (especially since I've been eating out of sheer boredom for the past week or so). I'm working half-days this week, trying to give my back a rest and still keep my mind active.

lala: Is it today you leave for Europe? Enjoy! We may do a house exchange near Salzburg this summer - Saalfelden is the name of the area, I believe. Have you been?

Domina: I envy your temperatures - perfect running weather (not that I could right now). Is your hubby in training at the moment?

Myra: I'd like to blame the cold but I really can't. I've just had a lousy attitude lately about eating. I need to change that.

Melissa: Hope your BP comes down quickly. Sounds like you and I are struggling with the same issue as far as eating is concerned.

Guess I should get back to work. I'll check in later.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:37 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Seasaw and Melissa, that's why I'm glad I moved away from the North. When it got really cold, I literally hibernated and ate.

Seasaw, my husband just ran a marathon a couple weeks ago and is preparing for one in Nashville, TN in April. Running season is in full swing here; he has a local race nearly every weekend.

Got a call from WW last night; I'll be taking receptionist training next month. Wish me luck.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:50 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! The weather here is cold (only 17) and it's not supposed to warm up any time soon. We are supposed to get a little breather from the snow tomorrow. I did manage to get out yesterday at noon and do a little walking.

I had round 2 of my root canal...I can't wait to get this done and over with. My mouth was numb for quite a while yesterday. The only good thing that came out of it was that I couldn't eat and so my points were low yesterday!

Domina: I'm still on the diuretic (HCTZ?) and hopefully that'll work. If not she's looking at trying something else. We'll see. It's my hope this will do the trick! I know for you the weather is "cold" but for me is would be perfect for walking and downright balmy!

Myra: I agree, the cold weather makes me want to just snuggle up on the couch and eat comfort foods. I know for me the wanting to eat is more of a "comfort" when I'm stressed.

Seasaw: I hope the cold & sniffles are gone! I remember when I pulled something in my back how much it threw things off for me. Hopefully you'll be as good as new soon. We'll get through the "boredom phase"--we just have to work at it a little harder.

Lala: Have a great trip!

Well, I better get off here and get some work done. Catch everyone later!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi ladies,

All of you on the east coast, stay warm.

Trying really hard this trip to stay moderate with the eating. Its not going to be too hard I hope.

Seesaw- never been to austria, but its been on my list!

I'll catch you guys in ORD or somewhere in BRU.

lala

"repeat after me: mixed hot nuts are not necessary"

lala
Closed Thread