Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies,

I haven't been around lately, so I had lots of posts to catch up on. We have DH's best friend from the USMC here for the weekend. Actually I shouldn't even call him his best friend, because they are more like brothers. I don't know anyone who is as close as the two of them. They truly love each other and when they are together it's like they never skipped a beat. It nice to see real men actually showing some affection sometimes. Rick definitely a "man's man", very macho, but also a very sensitive and not chauvinistic at all. He's a good mix, I think. I don't go for guys who put more effort in to their appearance than I do. Anyways Justin (rick's friend) got here on Thursday night and heads back Louisville on Sun night. Tonight is Rick's SURPRISE Party!! I am so excited and he has no clue! Yay, I can't wait. I will post some pics from the party!

I had WI yesterday morning and I am down 3.2# I did work hard this week and eating was good too, but it wasn't much different form previous weeks. I am so thrilled and almost to my 10% goal I am going to eat some fruit or veggies before I head out tonight so I don't pig out on fried appetizers and cake.

DS is totally off schedule and acting very wacky since we have company and he hasn't been eating or sleeping well. He is sleeping fine at night but yesterday he didn't nap (NEVER happens) and today he went down at 11am, and is still sleeping now (it's 3:15)!! He is getting his 2nd yr molars in and it's worse than when he was an infant and teething. These two teeth are big and have been sitting under the gums for weeks, owe. He is a slow teether and he is constantly putting stuff in his mouth. He wants to eat constantly, but only because it's soothing and not because he is hungry. I swear he would eat a box of oatmeal in day if I let him, because it's warm and soft. Other that being a little off this weekend he has been great lately. Sweet and talking a lot and healthy. Last month was rough and I am looking forward to warm weather and dry noses.

Lori, I can't blame you for avoiding the scale. When you are that sick it is tough. I am hope you come home from your trip fully recovered and well rested.

Melissa, I also had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was 12. I had them totally removed and the tissue cauterized, to avoid re-growth. Mine were large and I had severe strep 7 times in one summer!! I never had issues w. my ears, but I had bad sinus infections as well. I never had strep, ear inf, or sinus issues after though, and even now I rarely get sick. If I do it's a 24 cold, or maybe a little soar throat, but nothing like when I was little. It is a more serious procedure the older you get, but at 16 your DS shouldn't have any big issues. My mom's friend just had hers out a couple years a ago and she is in her 40's! Hopefully he won't need to have surgery, but if he does it will likely relieve his symptoms permanently.

Lisa,
Your poor DH has been sick for a while now. He is lucky to have you to take care of him. I just hope you don't get it. How is your bird? Better, I hope?

Jane, Your work schedule sounds very spiratic. My DH thrives off working long third hour shifts, and I don't know how? I am a nursing student and I need to get used to the idea of working a rotation schedule and long hours.

Theresa, good for you for coaching your friend. I have a good friend who does WW w. me, and it really helps. We started together and have similar eating habits and about the same amount to loose. She has always struggled w. weight and I actually didn't have issues until after I got married, but we both understand what each other needs and that helps immensely. My mom does WW too, but she is closer to her goal. I am so lucky to have both of them to help push me along... and all of you too!

Hello to Pam
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies,

I am sooooo tired. This will be a very quick reply.

Rick's Surprise Party went off with out a hitch. Our company left this evening and DS and DH are snoring away right now! I didn't get to bed till after 2am and I was up at 7am w. DS. DH was hurting from all the partying and so was our company, so I was the designated driver. I took Jackson to my mom's (right next door) this morning so the guys could sleep in. My mom and I went for a brisk walk around the local mall this morning and I have been OP w. eating all weekend. I haven't been to the gym since Thursday though.

I am going to get some sleep and hopefully hit the gym in the morning. I have lots of paperwork to get done before part one of my orientation on Wednesday. I am looking forward to the normalcy of getting back to work!
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #18  

Height: 6'0"

Tanya, I'm so glad the party was a success. Was DH super surprised? How did you pull it off? How great that his best friend could attend. Congrats to you on your loss! That is terrific.

The tea was very nice. I won an outdoor type plaque for the back porch and I got a cute beaded handbag in a silent auction. I ate too many sweets, but I'll work it off this week.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote