Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 04:01 PM   #1  

Question 5 pt meals

any ideas?
Old 01-09-2002, 05:32 PM   #2  

tacos - corn tortillas browned in skillet with some ff veggie meat of your choice. add tomatos and lettuce and ff/lf sour cream and ff/lf cheese. i'm rusty on points and all, but i think it's pretty low. you can add more servings or things like chips and/or dessert.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:54 PM   #3  

Default My goolosh..

One can of french style green beans. 1 pt. because 1 cup is considered 0 pts. So why not use the whole can... Toss in chopped onion. 0 pts. As well, mix in if you want any other 0 pts veggies that work
1/2 C. veggie meat. 1 pt.
1/4 cup cream of mushroom soup, or cream of celery, or 1/2 cup cream of broccoli . 1 pt.
your favorite seasonings 0 pts.

Sometimes I'll go a little over and add a small baked potato..

Or use 2 oz. chicken breast... Dice or shred to stretch it.
Sometimes I pull of the meat on the drum sticks 1 pts per drumstick.

Mix everything together well... To me it's really really good..

Make up stir fry:

0 pt. veggies and 3 oz chidken breats, season with soy sauce..

My wrap:

Sometimes you can find a really good, moist fat free whole grain generous size tortilla wrap that is just 3 pts
1 tblsp light mayo or dressing. Spread over wrap.
low point cheese... I've found rice cheese very good. 40 calories per slice.. Those two together add up to 1 pt If you want add another tblsp of mayo.drsg, that will only bring them up to 2 points..
load it with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, all kinds of 0 pts veggies roll that baby up tight, and enjoy! Either way, you choose it's still 5 pts or under and very filling..

Two 2 pt chicken hot dogs on light bread, with mustard.. Not bun.. I still use the previous point system, so 80 cal is 1 pt in my book... All veggie salad..

I cook with no rules, add what you like.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:27 PM   #4  

Just wondering, your goulash sounds good and would make a great work lunch. Are you using regular Cream of Mushroom soup or the Healthy Request or 99% free. Thanks
Old 01-13-2002, 10:09 AM   #5  

Default Soup...

I personally enjoy campbell's regular cream of mushroom soup... It just works, but most of all tastes better to me..

I will also use Nate's meatless meatballs. Those are the best I've ever tasted... Three meatballs are 110 cal.. They go a long way.

But also if I can afford to, (i.e.) point wise... I'll use 2 oz. of well seasoned lean ground beef... That's even more yummy..

Below is just food chit chat/ sharing:

I'm not sure where you live, but I have just discovered how much Concord Foods, Roasted Potato seasoning mix will make your chicken sing! I mixed a little bit of that with onion powder, tiny bit more salt and pepper... I flatten my chicken breast, add this mix on my chicken and pan fried/ Pam cooking spray... I fell in love.

I also like to bake my 3 oz.chicken breast or 4 drumsticks with tons of veggies and lots of good seasonings.. I get away with a lot using drumsticks... skinless of course. This dish I will bake with lots of water for a stock, or little water to veggies and chicken are almost browned... If that makes sense.

I also have a dessert I enjoy, if you don't mind me sharing...

This is just my own banana or lemon pie.

2 tbsp low fat gram cracker crust. 1 pt.
(I usually by the round crust and crumble it up)
1 container of FF banada pudding. I think it's 1 or 2 pts, or regular lemon pudding 3pts. I also use light yogurt to...

I just sprinkle the crums on top and enjoy.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:22 PM   #6  

Would the green beans really be 1 pt if you use the whole can? I thought they were 0 points even if you ate more than one serving. No?

Sun
Old 01-17-2002, 08:22 AM   #7  

Default Green beans

From my understanding 1 cup of green beans is, yes, 0 points... I found there are two 1 cup servings in one can, so becaue I usually eat the whole can I count the other portion (40 cal).. I usually cut and combined certain foods in my receipes..

Actually, I only use the soup to hold my dishes together... So I may use 1/4 cup of cream soup. Exampel: If you use cream of broccoli, 1/2 cup is 80 cals. I even sometimes cut that in half so I have 40 cals... So the other portion of beans that I count and soup only total out to be 80 cals combined...

I may be confusing you... As mentioned I've learned all kinds of ways to cut and combine and still have... Portion control, I guess..

Last edited by Swan_lake; 01-17-2002 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:40 PM   #8  

I think one cup of green beans is still 0 points. Any leaders out there to clarify this?

Sun
Old 01-19-2002, 11:07 AM   #9  

Default Beans

As mentioned, yes, one cup of green beans is 0 pts... One can of green beans has 2 one cup servings... But because I eat the whole can, I count that whole can I eat as 1 point...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 01-19-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Closed Thread