Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #76  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Before getting ready for class, I thought I would say "Good Morning" to everyone!
The weather here is starting to get depressing. Usually that happens when it rains all the time and won't stop. Well.......We need rain deperately! Beautiful trees are burning up, everyones landscape is burning up, the fields of corn, etc on the sides of the highways are brown, ponds are drying up. By the way Janelle, I thought you were sending rain my way??? What happened? Seriously, It is starting to get depressing. Everything is turning so ugly!

Last night we decided to go to dinner. I chose Applebee's because of their WW menu for my DD and I! We got there, the waitress was less than pleasant (I can live with that). My son ordered a trio platter. They were out of the main thing he wanted. (Grrr. I can live with that too). He picked something else. DD and I ordered salads before our meal. We waited 20-25 minutes on these and when they finally came, mine had the wrong dressing ( I ordered vinagrette) but at this point, I am starving and I didn't feel like waiting. We have now been waiting about 45-50 minutes for our meal when the waitress comes out and tells my husband they are out of garlic mashed potatos. He said fine, just give me a baked potato. 10 minutes later, she comes out and says they are out of all potatos except French Fries. She never even looked at my daughter and I who had the steamed herbed ones with our WW meal. As she was walking away, I said "Wait!, what abut OUR dinners? Do we get the potatos that come with the WW meal we ordered?" No.....they didn't have them! All they had were French Fries. So I guess she was gonna bring DD and I FF with our WW meals. At this point, we said forget it, and we paid for our salads and tea and went somewhere else. Needless to say, I won't ever go back there again. My friend told me the last 2 times she had been the service was horrible! I should have listened.
So that is the story of my night........just wanted to vent. DD and I had good intentions, but when you go to a restaurant that has nothing you want, it makes it hard to stay on track like you planned. I know we had more points than we planned at the other restaurant, but Hey.....GRRRRR!!!
Well, I am off to get ready for my first day of class....Oh, DD and I won't be able to weigh in today. She has Open house at her school tonight @ the same time as the WW meeting.
Later chickies!
Kim
Old 08-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #77  

Good morning all...

I just don't know what is up with me the last few weeks. My eating has been ok other than last weekend; I think I am just really discouraged with being plataued. The scale at ww is going down, I guess, but it is difficult to step on the scale here at home and see the same number, for weeks now. It might go down a tiny bit if I haven't eaten, but ultimately it goes back to the same number. Dh is still losing, too, so that is making it even more frustrating. I just feel like my motivation level is just dwindling...it's getting harder and harder for me to get myself to post. I know if I stop posting, I might as well throw in the towel altogether. But I can't give up.

So here's my menu for today...

Breakfast-Deli ham on ww lite bread w/laughing cow cheese-3

Lunch-Salad w/raspberry balsamic-0
Smart Ones-4
100cal pk-3

Snack-popcorn-3

Dinner-grilled chicken-4
veggies w/evoo-1
grilled fries-3

Dessert-low fat ice cream-3
Total-24/28

I think my salt content might be a little on the high side today, so I need to make sure I get extra water in.

I am also going to do the Walk Away the Pounds video today. I think one reason I'm having troubles with the plateau is because I'm not exercising like I should, and I'm spending too much time in front of the computer.

Sorry for not being personal...hope to get back later.

Last edited by mpaigew; 08-20-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #78  
barb

Height: 5'7

Well hello everyone....I am finally I hope back in the saddle. The kids start school on Wednesday and I think I may join back Thursday or for sure next Wed....What a crazy summer...We had a lot of fun ,went on 3 vacations so I really can not complain.....I got on the scale today and was sooooo bummed, but I guess that is to be expected due to not caring that much and No exercise. Anyway, my goal is to stay on this site as much as poss and try all over again...........I am at my all time heaviest and am motivated to give it 100% ... So I guess that is good.

Paige hang in there you will be fine....One day at a time....You are right you may be at a platue too. Hey have you tried the wendy plan...You may need that to get your body going again....I never have but it seems to work for those who try...

Kim sounds like a bad night out....It is to bad you can not go to a place were they say they cater to our ww needs.....I hear they are considering putting all cals on all menus......we would not have all the info but cal would help some

Sorry I have not had a chance to read all the posts but I will try latewr on.....Glad I am back...Barb
Old 08-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #79  

Barb-Glad to see you back! I had been thinking about you. I hadn't thought of doing the Wendie plan...maybe I will give that a try for a few weeks. Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #80  
Donna

Hi All,

Well I'm back from a very nice weekend. And am procrastinating going out and getting our bikes off the car in the rain . We went riding on Saturday, I was so glad I had brought the bikes. The trail was really nice if a little busy. We put in just over 9 miles each way for a total ride time of about 1 3/4 hours, total time closer to 3 hrs. Hopefully that and the walking around the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday will make up for eating out all meals for 3 days We'll see what the scale says. I did drink all my water though.

Man am I sorry I asked Haylo for that rain it turned my 3 hr drive back today into 4.5 and that was about 3 hrs too much of driving in the rain! Plus about 1/2 way home my windshield wiper on the drivers side decided to come apart so I'm standing on the side of the turnpike changing it out with the one from the pass side and then driving w/only 1!! Needless to say I stopped on the way home and got new ones.

I wish this was the end of vacations, for me it's just the start. I'm home for the next 3 weekends one of them we have a big family corn roast, then we go camping/biking up north. Then we're home for a couple more weeks and are headed out east for 2 weeks. Here's hoping I can keep it on track while home.

I read all the posts but just can't remember what to reply to who, guess I should have taken notes too.

Have a great night everyone.

-Tech
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #81  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Talk about depressing... it has been raining here since yesterday and it is cold!! We have gotten more rain in last 24 hours than we have had all summer. We really need it though so I shouldn't complain. Of course sitting with no power for about 4 hours wasn't good either.

There is so much to catch up on... but reading through some of your thoughts something came to my mind. I used to have a problem eating the kids leftovers or picking at things as I put food away.... just think of it like this:

Either you throw it in the trash, or your trash your body by putting it in you.

I think about that when I am going for stuff that I really don't need. It seems to help.

Kim: I am envious of you. I am ready to go back and work on my masters, but between the kids and the finances, I haven't made it back. It is scary, but I bet you are going to love it! What a great way to add something new to your new lifestyle!!

Paige: Don't give up. You are to important to throw the towel in just yet. If exercise is really lacking, think about what you like to do, or go out and try something new. Our local library has DVDs available to borrow and I just noticed that there are some exercise ones that I might go back to try. Mix up your routine a little and find your motivation. Is there some type of reward that you can give yourself for staying op for a week, or for getting in your exercise? Obviously a non food item.... some me time.... a new lipstick.... lunch with a buddy.... You need to find something to focus on instead of how feel like you aren't succeeding.

Erica: I hate that deserving mode. I fall into that too, especially when I have been really good, or had a good WI. Ugh, I haven't figured out how to change that except to tell myself that I deserve to be healthy more than I deserve to eat unhealthy food. Maybe find a place that has better choices for you to pick, so that you can still have your treat out, it is just going to be a better treat. (you know that preplan thing )

And finally, my favorite walking music.... old 80's hairband music. DH was a big hairband guy back in the day and he has a lot of stuff that I downloaded on my MP3 (couldn't afford the ipod so I had to go the cheaper version, works great though!!). Gets me really moving.... I just skip over the cheesy ballads!!

Have a great day....say something positive to yourself today, you deserve it!!

Kim2
Old 08-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #82  

Hi all...just really quick post...

I am so stinking excited. My friend and I have an appt Friday night to look at a place for our bakery!!!!! It is in a bagel shop that closed a few months ago when the owner decided to retire. I'm so excited! I can't believe I'm really going to do this!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

WOW Paige - that IS exciting!

Hi Guys - I've been MIA because DH stole me away after work on Friday and we went camping for the night and then we came home and got into the whole drama of moving my DD to CMU for college. She's lived away from home but never more than 5 minutes away from her dad's work. So this is a big step for her and for us. I've been stressing BUT NOT EATING! That's a big plus. Now for all the financial aid stuff to fall into place. DS starts college on Thursday and his funding hadn't been in place last we knew. It's all so complex since DH and I went away to college. Anyway, hopefully that piece is behind us. It always is something. You think when they grow up, they will be fine but I think I worry now that they are adults more than when they were dependent children. Maybe because they can make their own decisions and not ones that I would always make. Anyway, done with the psych session. Linda I'm sure you understand as you have one out and another getting ready to be out next year. So exactly when am I supposed to FEEL the empty nest syndrome?

Last edited by Rosegarden; 08-21-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #84  
Donna

Paige - that is great. Hope it works out for you!

Laura - Yea on the not stress eating.

Finished off the vegetarian California Kitchen Pizza from last night that I brought home. Back on my diet tomorrow.

- Tech
Old 08-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #85  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Paige that is so exciting. I wish you all the best. Wow, it is something you are so passionate about.
Yeah....
Welcome back Barb.
Sorry not to send everyone a message. I will read all the posts later.
Have a great night everyone.
Ann
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #86  

Kim, I wish I could send some water in your direction from our lake - the water level is dangerously high this year and there is considerable erosion due to waves lapping up against the shoreline. It's really bad this year. I wish there was a better balance of water in our world, it's seemingly either feast or famine.
Kim, so sorry about your Applebee's experience. I think you should write them and let them know about this. Businesses NEED to know when something like this happens. We've had all sorts of issues with many restaurants, not necessarily Applebee's. I don't like to be a pesky complainer, but when someone wastes my time and also something is really poor, they should know. How else can they fix it? We complained about a place not long ago and then went back and gave them a second chance. The meals were mediocre, at best, and we had decided not to go back. Any place can have an off night, but it it's consistent, then they don't deserve your business. It's a shame if it's the one place who is supposedly trying to help out people one WW. It's so hard for people like us to eat out.
Paige, keep trying! What day is weigh in? The water will help after having the deli ham. I try to keep my sodium lower a day or two before weigh in and have the higher sodium foods on the day of weigh in (after) or the day or two afterwards.
Paige, you've done so well and I don't consider you being on a plateau at all. Look how far you've come and you are so very close to ONEderland.... keep trying!
Welcome back Barb! Good to hear from you - it's been awhile.
Tech, sounds like you had a good weekend. Sorry about the rain, though. It's so hard to imagine that one of us is so much in need of the rain, while others have had way too much. To top it off, a hurricane approaches and some of our country could be really in trouble. I hope hurricane Dean isn't as bad as they say it might be. I was watching films and preparations for it on TV this morning and it was very sad for me, as I was remembering sitting at my dad's bedside and watching hurricane Katrina preparations on TV. Katrina came a few weeks before he died, in 2005. I hated the reminder. I am sure those who suffered from that and other storms like this are also quite distressed watching it.
Kim, what a great thought about trashing your body vs. putting leftovers in the trash! I like that and shall have to remind myself of that from time to time. OK, so what is hairband music? I must be out of touch as I don't have a clue! It could be a regional saying, I guess?
Paige, awesome news on the shop! I'll send you good vibes! Think Feng Shui (pronounced feng-shway) when you put together something like this. You want it to be an atmosphere where people want to congregate! I hope this works out for you. Make sure you investigate why the old shop on the premises REALLY closed, and find out how long it was there beforehand and what else was in that location and how long was it open. Remeber that old saying, when it comes to real estate, "location, location, location".
Laura, I still have two kids at home. One is starting his second year at a community college and living at home and the other is beginning her senior year in high school. I am dreading the day when they both move away, they are my best buddies and we have a great relationship. I want them to be grown up and independent, of course, but hope it's a few years before I have to say goodbye!
Well, now I have to report on my first day back from vacation. I have stuck with my eating, as planned, and still have 3 points left and it's nearly bedtime. Time for dessert!
I never did get to the gym today, I feel badly about that but things just had to get done. Being away creates it own set of tasks that must be accomplished upon return, particularly banking, bill paying and laundry. Then, there was two cats at the vet and grocery shopping. By the time I got it all handled, it was dinner time and just a few moments ago, I finally sat down here. I'm not going to punish myself about not getting to the gym, but I will try to go tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow is another day. But, at least all my eating was on program, and it's a hard thing to do when you have been off program for a week's vacation.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #87  

Well, I was the last one to post last night and now here I am the first one to post this morning. Where are all you guys?
Today is going to be a busy day for me, but I plan to get to the gym this morning and make it a priority.
My daughter has a doctor's appointment at 2:30 and the car will be packed and we will be heading North right from there. We'll arrive on time to cook a planned WW dinner and then tomorrow we'll go on our college tour.
It's really chilly here this morning, about 50 degrees. I'm wearing a flannel nightgown this morning vs. my regular cotton T shirt kind of thing. If feels like fall. But, I guess the weather will swing back to hot and humid later in the week. At least we had a break!
Today's goals:

#1 go to the gym!

#2 eat properly and plan

#3 drink all the water

By the way, my scale issues are always huge and I can't help myself when I get on it all the time. I think I may have gained about 3 pounds over the last week, but I can never be sure until I weigh in officially at a WW meeting.
We plan on finding a meeting and going on Thursday. Today would normally be our meeting at 4:30, however, we are heading North and won't be able to be there. Having weigh in on Thursday will help both my daughter and I get off some of our vacation weight before we weigh in and also maybe give her a booth of motivation before she leaves for her trip to Maryland on Friday.
I hope my weigh in is a good one, I would dearly love to be even the same as I was before vacation, but accept whatever happens.
Ann, I was thinking about you when I was typing about my scale as I know I am obsessed with it and remember that you were a bit as well. How is that going? Are you feeling more free since you put it away, or is it still away?
I'd literally have to get rid of the scales in this house if I were to break free of them, but I won't ever do that. I like my scales and even if WW says we should only weigh in there, I cannot break the habit.
Now, I have another reason to get on the scale once a month, at least, as I need to put one of my cats on a "diet". The vet said he is seriously overweight. If he were a dog, we'd have to be walking him more. The kids tried to play with him last night and he plopped on the floor. We went to a new vet this time and the new vet was really on me about feeding him and getting his weight down. So, yet another family member in this house is "over-fed". It's funny that we have two cats (from the same litter) and that one is a perfect weight and the other Mr. blubber belly!
I need to cut down on feeding him, but I will do it gradually and one of my plans is to switch to a different kind of food, one that I know he doesn't like!
That reminds me, my husband told me that he was going to make millions by coming up with a new weight loss plan. It would be one that you had to eat only the food from this program and his "hilarious" idea was to make all the food taste awful. Then, he said, everyone on this plan would lose weight as they just wouldn't WANT the food anymore. I wish it was all that simple.
Taste, texture and appearance, though, are important to us. I do wonder if I deliberately planned a few dinners that were not my favorites once in awhile if I would be more successful? Hmmm.... just miscellaneous ramblings this morning from me.
Well, ladies, I hope you are all well and hope to see some more posts when I get back on line later on this evening.
BOOT CAMP, Day 2..... I hope for a more successful day today with a visit to the gym vs. just catch up work due to being away. My drill Sargent is not happy with me already due to the lack of exercise yesterday. I'm to do an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill after my normal work out today as punishment!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #88  

Good morning all!!!

I had such a hard time sleeping last night. I had all of these bakery ideas floating around in my head! My cake friend, Megan, she and I are trying to come up with a good name so we can go ahead and get the name incorporated.

Yesterday was a little bit of a weird day eating wise. I had completely lost my apetite. What was up with that? I had my coffee in the morning, and then had to force myself to eat so breakfast at 11, and then didn't eat again till about 7pm when I got home from my chiropractor appt. My stomach wasn't off or upset...maybe I'm just too excited about this bakery that my brain has forgotten it's usual eating urges? I'm never like that.

Kim2-I cracked up at the 80s hairbands. LOL! I like to think of myself as "too young" to be listening to them...but I was born in 1980, and have much older siblings, so I grew up listening to that stuff. I love the cheesy ballads, though! LOL!

Linda-WI is on Thursday. I have two cakes due this weekend, too that I have to work in. As far as being plateaued, I know I should be going by WW's scale, but it is tough to do that when I have my home scale staring me in the face. That one has been saying 203, 203, 203 for the longest time. It might dip down to 200...yesterday it was at 199.5, this morning it was at 201...but it always seems to go back to 203. I really shouldn't pay attention to it. I should just go by WW. At least there I have been losing.

Laura-I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I just can't fathom there being a day when my dds aren't going to need me. I wonder how my mom felt when I left...I was the baby of the family.

Hello to Ann, Tech, Kim, Erica and anyone else I missed! Hope you have a fantastic morning!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #89  
newlifestyle

Good morning ladies, it is a beautiful sunny Tuesday morning here.
I have decided to get a babysitter today and just go out and have me time. I love my DS dearly. I just feel like I need a few hours of me time.
Linda, actually putting my scale away was the best thing for me. I do feel good. I was put out that I gained two pounds but I can wear size 12 pants and I bought a jacket that was size 10, I couldn't believe it, I asked the clerk to get me a size 12 in a different style, she got it and said, it is going to be too big. Wow I was shocked. After I gained those two pounds I did want macaroni and cheese, but prior to knowing I had gained the two pounds I was on track. I think I am a reactor where the scale is involved. I realize I am better off not weighing every day. I also realized this summer that I do enjoy routines, not strict regimented routine but just having a routine. I feel with my eating and exercise it is an area in my life that I have total control over. It is kind of empowering for me realizing this. I think this may be one of those lightbulb days. I guess we all have a choice when we wake up in the morning today I chose for this to be an awesome day.
I hope all of you have a super day and enjoy whatever you decide to do.
I will post later. I really feel like running now.
Take Care
Ann
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #90  
newlifestyle

Paige we crossed posts, congratulations on having something that you are so passionate about. That is a great success in itself. What type of names are you looking at? Paige's Passions? Megan's Masterpieces? Just having fun.
The Daily Loaf? Creations? I am just trying to brainstorm to give you ideas.
Delectible Delights? Cakes by Design? Megan & Paige's Creations.
Oh Paige this is so exciting, you will have fun with this as it is your passion.

Passionate Creations.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread