Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:23 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I'm here - rough stuff hitting at home - just wanted to say hi
Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Good morning!!!

LindaD-Welcome! I do WW at home but a lot of the ladies here go to the meetings. Maybe you could try it out for a few weeks at home and see how you like it? If it’s not working out for you then you could try the meetings. I have found it very helpful to check in with a friend every week at the same time and she keeps track of my weight.

Ann-Thanks and Congrats on your loss!! The exercising is going well-I have made it 3 days in a row so far. I woke up a little late this morning but had enough time for a 4 mile run.

Paige-I am glad to hear the graduation went well! Good luck at your wi.

Linda-I am sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well and right before the festival. Maybe with rest and drinking a lot of fluids it will go away? As far as your dinner-it took me at least a year and a half to understand what a special occasion means. I eat out often and I used to consider them all special occasions and treat myself every time. But now I really am able to realize what an actual special occasion is and what part of living life is. For the special occasions, I save all of my flex points so I can eat and celebrate guilt free. I def think a 23rd wedding anniversary is a special occasion! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Emma-you should def post the video! I would love to see it!

I went on a shopping spree last night. I don’t know what got into me. I went to try on bathing suits and I actually took a few 2 pieces into the fitting room. I put them on and I didn’t think I looked too bad-actually ok. (Guess I was having a skinny day). Then for some unknown reason I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture with my camera view to get a real idea of what I looked like-big mistake! It was awful. I got so sad and depressed. I felt like a zombie walking through the mall and buying anything that would make me feel better about myself. It was really a let down. When I got home I ended up having two desserts. 2 sugar free puddings. I know it’s not bad and I have the points but it’s really not a good habit that I am in-eating extra dessert. Good news is-I made it to the gym again this morning for a run and the scale even went down a little. I know I am being silly but I just want this so bad and it is taking FOREVER.

Well I hope everyone has a good day! My cousin and I are going out to dinner tonight-were going to Applebee’s because she is on ww too and we want to stay in our points. I am actually really excited about it-the menu looks good. French onion soup, shrimp skewers, and raspberry cake-yummy!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #63  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all! Just went for a walk with the 2 I babysit.
Yes, I babysit as well as being a SAHM for my 3 kids. Starting next week I will have 7... 2 10 year olds, an 8 year old, a 6 year old, a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. But only for 2 weeks, then 4 of them go to summer camp for a month!!!
Being good today. I even bought a pedometer last night, but I don't know where DH put it. I have to ask him tonight.
Paige-- I love that song "Let them be little"... they played the same one at my youngest's preschool graduation. It's so perfect for that.
Enjoy this wonderful day!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #64  

Hi all!!! I had my wi and I'm down another 1.4lbs!!! WOOOHOO!

Hope you all have had a fantastic day!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #65  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Paige, that is fantastic! Way to go!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #66  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Paige:
I'll try it at home first and if I feel I need more motivation than 3FC then I will got back to the meetings as you suggest.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #67  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

To All:

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll keep coming back to this thread. Posting is new to me. Dah! From what I see, the thread gets too large and you begin another one?? Is it always titled "Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey?" I want to be able to find my way back to the correct thread.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #68  

Laura? Rough stuff? Is everything OK? Can we help? I hope all is well. I mentioned you in prayer just now. Know that we are thinking about you.
Briza, it is a good thing that you have someone else weigh you, I think that is important. I think having to "answer to" another person as far as weight goes is part of why going to meetings are a success. I agree, it took me a long time to figure out what a special occasion is as well. My own wedding anniversary is, for example. My own birthday and maybe my husbands and my kids' birthdays necessitate me having cake and a special meal. Christmas and Thanksgiving are special to me, But, that is about ALL I should be counting. The rest of the times are "just meals". We eat out allot as well and I have to consider those times meals. It's really hard to not be in celebration mode all the time when you are with family, friends, dining out and enjoying life. But enjoying life does not equal over eating, does it? In fact, one of the conclusions I have made over time is the opposite. Enjoying life = eating healthy and smart, therefore life could be extended and also a healthy and enjoyable life!
Tracy, having all those kids at the house must be lots of work! Good luck!
Do you have activities for them or do they amuse themselves?
As for me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I feel well over the next few days. I have begun my usual regime of Echinacea, three of them three times a day. I firmly believe it helps and it seems to be working a bit. I am drinking tons of fluid, had tea and water throughout the day and I ate healthy, though I broke down and had a cookie this afternoon but rather than having more cookies, I had a WW 2 point lemon bar instead. I counted the flex point. I took two naps today and "laid low". I'm achy and tired but my sore throat has decreased (with Advil) to just a scratchy throat. So, maybe I'll weather this storm?
Being sick during summer weather is really hard, I think. One moment, I am chilled and the next hot. I am running AC right now but thinking that I'll be freezing in a moment or two. DH is coming home from New York City tonight, so that will cheer me up. I always sleep better when he is here.
By the way, dinner was a grilled chicken salad that I made myself with fresh baby lettuce and spinach with red peppers, tomatoes and cucumber. I had oil and vinegar with it and had brown rice on the side. All CORE and good for me! Today's lunch was butternut squash soup with sliced turkey and ham and light Swiss cheese on the side. I had to count points for the Swiss, but I totally wanted it.
By the way, true confessions: I am a cheesaholic. I so wish that cheese was more acceptable on the Weight Watchers plan. At one time, a friend asked me in conversation, "If you could only have one food and were made to give up everything else, what would you have? I would select cheese. Though, it's probably not the healthiest. There is no one food that is perfect for a person to survive on, we all need variety and the major food groups, of course. But, cheese is my thing. When I was a kid, I used to drag my mom into a Hickory Farms cheese shop that used to be in our local mall. (now they no longer have big cheese shops, sadly like that, at least around here) and I was like a kid in a candy store. My favorite above all else is cheddar. But, it's so high in points that it is a luxury food. Oh well. I have learned to have cheeses in small amounts, only occasionally, and buy the lower fat varieties, but I crave the "good stuff" all the time.
Well, hope you all have a great evening and I am thinking about you Laura and hope all is well.
Oh yes, for Paige, but the rest of you might enjoy seeing, below is a photo of the "strawberry" cookies my daughter made for the festival. We have them bagged in little zip lock bags to sell. They have red dough and green stems with mini chocolate chips to make it look like seeds on the strawberries. I think they are cute and will sell well at the festival!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strawberrycookies.jpg (31.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #69  

Linda-Can you e-mail me the picture? I can't view the attachments on posts...we have the new version of Internet Explorer and it really stinks...there are so many security measures; I can't view 1/2 of what I could on the old version. Dh is the IT manager at his job, and works with computers all day so I hate to bug him to fix this one when he comes home!

BTW, I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner tonight, too! =)

Tracy-People must think that you are your kid's older sister instead of their mom! You look so young next to them!!!! Does it feel weird to hold a newborn after your kids are older? My little one is just over 2, and I think I would be nervous holding someone else's newborn! LOL! Thanks for the add, btw!

LindaD-Yes, I would try it at home first and see how it goes. This thread is always titled the same, and it usually gets restarted after 10 or so pages. I love this thread, I am so thankful to be here with these ladies!

Till tomorrow! Have a great night!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #70  
Donna

Hello All,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I came down stairs (comp is in the basement) and read the posts but my brain wouldn't form coherent sentences so I decided to not post. Today is a new day however so here I am, and apparently no one else. Oh well...

Didn't eat bad yesterday or today, I didn't feel like cooking so ordered pizza for delivery but I had the points left so I'm ok. I think after I get done posting I'm going to go take the dogs for a walk to help out even more.

Just a little history to answer a couple of questions:

First of all Linda the dogs my husband and I do not all sleep together, although that does make a funny picture. One dog was mine before we got married and one was his and they both slept with each of us. When we got married they were displaced to the floor, the cat occasionally sneaks into the bed and if DH doesn't catch him he'll sleep by our feet but no dogs. However, when dh or I are not home the dogs will climb into the bed and sleep with the other, well the younger one still does the older one's arthritis stops him he can't get up w/o a boost.

Second - where do I work??? I work at an out door history attraction (I'm sure Laura knows where I'm talking about), because it is out doors in MI in the winter not to many people visit so now in Nov and Dec they're open only on weekends and Jan - mid April they're closed altogether. What do I do?? I talk for a living which is why on busy days I sometimes can't form a coherent sentence when I get home. I have to say it is a really fun job, unfortunately it doesn't pay well. When I started working there I was planning on going back to school but that hasn't happened, I just can't decide what I want to be when I grow up (to bad I'm 40 and should already know these things).

Before this post turns into a novel (I know too late), I'm going to post this. I'll respond to everyone in a different post.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 06-21-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #71  
Donna

Paige - on the loss.

Ann - to you also. It must feel weird to eat more and loose better. But your attitude seems really good.

LindaD - I think trying it at home to start is a good plan, with the option to join if it doesn't work. I find for myself if I'm not accountable to someone else then I don't do as well.

Linda - Hope you are feeling better. Good luck with your festival this weekend. I had grilled chicken salad (well pasta salad) for lunch . I'd also like to chime in about the special occasion thing. There was a meeting along time ago when this topic came up. My leader started counting up "special days" when we ignore our plan, we started with birthdays, holidays, weekends, vacations, etc. By the time she had subtracted all the special days she was left with like 30 days or something that you could diet. It was pretty funny but eye opening too.

Tracy - I'm impressed that you could handle all those kids. I know I couldn't, but I am impressed by those who can.

Briza - Yea on your loss too And getting up early to go to the gym.

Emma - I have to eat breakfast although not always before a certain time. But w/in a couple of hours of getting up, or I end up grazing ALL day long. That was one of the hardest things for me to learn, because I've never been much of a breakfast girl.

Laura - come back when you can.

Well I should probably go or I won't have time to walk the dogs. They'll enjoy it it's trash day tomorrow but most put it out tonight they usually come by 8 am, so lot's of sniffing will be involved.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

- Tech
Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #72  

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick stop by. Mini vacation has been nice, I was able to get some swimming time in today and yesterday as well as a lot of walking today. As far as eating I have been pretty good, I am going to sit down right now and calculate my points for today. I talked to the doctor's office and they said my galbladder was fine but they couldn't see my apendix so they said I could go in and get a CT scan if I still felt the side pain. I have been trying to pay really close attention to see if the pain is worse or better. I guess for peace of mind I should get the CT scan done, my doctor said it was up to me.

I hope everyone has been well. I will try to check in tomorrow and see what you guys have been chatting about.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 197/187/150

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies! I absolutely adore those little cookies- they are too cute! Thank you for welcoming me.
My husband and I are gearing up to go on vacation on Saturday to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We are headed to Seattle and Vancouver for a week. I am nervous about being gone and eating on vacation but I also am excited because we are going to be out and about getting lots of activity points.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 248/228/160

DerryDaughter: Thanks for the advice! I will put it to use!
I actually had my weigh in tonight and I am down 2.6 lbs.
I am shooting for a 2 lb a week average, so I am extremely happy with that so far! I have a ways to go though...
I want to introduce myself a little bit more, since I haven't really.
I have three children, ages 3 (almost 4) that's my ds Isaac, and dd Hannah is 2 1/2 and my newest Scarlett is 2 months almost 3 months.
I am a stay at home mom but I have a masters in education. Not sure if I will be going back into that field anytime soon, however.
I am done having children so I am really ready to get my body back!
I am going to try to keep up with all the posts, but there's just so little time in my day!
I did work out today and I stayed on points really well.
So Go me!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #75  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone. Wow there are so many posts, this is great!
Laura, I hope everything is okay. I am thinking of you and wishing there was some way I could help you. I will just keep praying for you and your family.
Take good care of yourself.
Linda, those cookies look really good. You are such a busy lady. That is awesome all the work you are doing. As I was reading your post about parents helping out, I just thought is was my DS school. There are a few parents who help with everything and then others you never see at the school. I know that people have busy lives, I also know how important it is to see what is happening in your child's environment. At my DS's school, one of the teachers asked me to help out in her class as they didn't have any parent volunteers. I agreed to help out weekly. When the class was going on a field trip, which I would have had to arrange childcare for lunch for my DS, I told her that she needed to get parents to help out with that. I honestly couldn't believe that no parents helped out in this class. I would have gone on the field trip had she not found enough parent volunteers.
Mom of Three, congrats on your loss. You sound like you are busy with three children who wouldn't be busy. Way to go staying on plan.
RoseyPosey, enjoy your vacation. I too enjoy vacation, you get so much walking in. we always stay at places with pools so that we can swim too.
Tech, how was your walk last night. You seem to have long days.
Haylo, it is nice you checked in to say hello. Have a wonderful time.
Go Haylo Go! That is my cheering for you Haylo. I hope you are feeling okay.
Paige, I clicked on your link to myspace. That is a great picture of you. Congraulations on your loss. You are doing amazing.
Erica, How are you doing? I hope you are able to find time to walk and enjoy some me time.
Emma, hello, I hope the weather is great so you can get out walking with Gaby.
Briza, Great job on the exercise, I hope your day is great.
Tracy, you are a brave woman caring for all those children. It will make it a busy summer. Do you go on vacation in the summer?
Linda D, I really like the quotes you have on your signature. Good luck with this journey.
Hello everyoe and sorry if I missed someone.
I do hope everyone has a wonderful day and that you all just have fun.
Take Care
Ann
Closed Thread