Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #1  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Default Careless days?

Hi everyone - I sorta need a pick-me-up.

Yesterday was one of those days where I just did not have the care to be disciplined. I was annoyed to count points and even more bothered to write anything down. I wasn't feeling too good but I somehow didn't binge (miraculously) or go too severely overboard but I did, most definitely, go over my points. I did not count a thing. And I didn't exercise. It was as if WW was an option for me and I decided not to take it...don't know what got into me. I suffer from depression but have had worse days then yesterday where I didn't go over my points or act so careless.

Does this ever happen to you? Do you ever just say, ahhh screw it, I'm eating whatever I want and don't pay attention? Or do you pretend your not on WW one day and just act free, heh. And how do you rebound from those kind of days (or meals?). After messing up yesterday, my normal behavioral pattern would be to say F-it, and eat whatever I wanted today too, and slip back into my horrible food addicted ways. But as I keep saying to myself - I'm a different person now, I won't fall back into it. So I can't. One day is one day and today is brand new, right? I can't help but feel the entire week is shot now though. Thursday evenings are my weigh-ins and I feel a drop in weight is hopeless now for this week, which can also give me permission to eat what I want. Gaaah.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #2  
Donna

Oh this happens to me way more than I'd like to admit. The key is not letting one day become two, two become three....

I don't know how to stop this lately I've been just trying to take one day as one day, and not have the all or nothing attitude that leads to letting the whole week slide. Eventually I need to get to the one meal is one meal stage, but I'm not there yet. Last week I had a bad couple of days and even though my ww week starts on Wed, I restarted on Sunday, rather than letting it slide another 3 days. It wasn't easy but I was feeling ichy and needed to get re-motivated.

Just remember the past is the past and move on.

I'm not sure this helped but maybe.

-Tech
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

That just happened to me-I decided not to care for 3 days. And then I got on the scale and it went up 5 lbs and to be honest, I really didnt feel good. So that was enough to kick me back into high gear. And the fact that I reminded myself that I am doing this for ME. And by being careless I am only hurting myself. I think its ok to give in every once in a while, or treat yourself once or twice a week-that is what the flex points are for! Just dont let it sprial into days or even weeks!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #4  
I'm lovin my scale

I think everyone has one of those day when she just doesn't want to have to think about what she's putting in her mouth. Oh, to be naturally thin. It's okay to have a day when you don't want to be bothered with the hassle of actually thinking about and doing what it takes to become a healthier you. Just remember that it was one day. You can have a day to indulge yourself without worrying about the points value of the food you're putting in your mouth, just so long as it's not everyday.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #5  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, I've done this too. Like Tech said, I try not to make one day turn into two or three. Like today, I said "Oh well, I deserve a treat!" and way over-ate my lunch... and I'm still stuffed, 2 hours later... and it's not a NICE stuffed... it's an "oh ****, I'm gonna gain, was it worth it?" feeling...
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Just happened to me the other day. Sometimes that feeling stays with me for DAYS because it is just so hard getting motivated to get back on track. You just have to attempt to accept the day for what it is and get right back on program the next day!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #7  
the journey begins

Thanks for all your help. I feel a lot better knowing it happens to you great folks. Yesterday I carried the bad day over a bit but then by lunch, slapped myself and said what are you doing?! You don't want to ruin the progress you've made!! So the last half of the day, I did super well. And today I'm back on track. By skipping just a day and a half of point counting, I feel I'm rusty already...weird huh?
And btw, what do you gals do when counting each bite and sip seems sooo damn tedious, it just puts you into a bad mood? Any suggestions how I can stay motivated to watch each morsel and count each gram, etc? Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #8  
I'm lovin my scale

I think about the end result and it gets me through. So, my suggestion would be to focus on the progress you've made. Look at where you've been, where you're going and where you are now. Can you take more stairs than before or walk further? Are your pants just a little loose? Look at these things and think about how much better they can be if continue to count your points. It makes the whole process much more bearable.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #9  

Oh I've had whole weeks like that. Where you just say "whatever!" and eat eat eat then I feel sick sick sick and get back on track.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #10  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

Yes definately - today is one of those days for me. I was doing well until my friend & I decided to go to McDonalds for lunch - usually i'm really good & just get a deli choices roll (about 6 points).. but today I got fries as well.. then we went to Gloria Jeans (coffee shop) - and when it came to my skim hot chocolate - when they asked if i wanted cream I said yes....... and then when they asked if i wanted anything else.. somehow I said I wanted a piece of lolly cake...... god knows how many points that little outting was worth.. but I'm going to get back to my original food plan & have my WW Lasagne for dinner.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #11  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I think this feeling hits newbies just begining their journey to Maintainer's. From umteenth re-starter's to those still plugging along year after year. We all have days where we just "wing it" or really dont give a flying fig. Or worse those deserving days. You know the ones... "I've been so good, I Deserve this... ~ Enter your choice here ~

What I do when any of these hits is... I write it down. Whether I write the points for it or not, its still there for me to see when I look back thru my journals. I also try to write what I am feeling as well or an abbreviation next to it. In paranthesis there will be a (dc) for dont care. (ni/T) needed it/TOM Just so I can go back and work on the emotion that led to the food. It helps me figure out solutions for when these fleeting feelings strike again.

I've also learned that I am a creature of habit. That when I fall, I fall back on certain comfort foods, or irresistable's that I am unable to resist. ( You know special holiday foods or party foods or Cakes..) Well at one time or another I have already aten them and the points are already written. So its just a matter of looking it up and brushing myself off. Telling myself that was delicious, its out of my system, and moving on.

But what works best of all for me this time around... is having a PLAN! Knowing I am a creature of habit if someone hits me up with an Ethnic, I know the restaraunt to go to and the dish I love and the points.

So many situations, so many stragedies!

Sincerely,

Sassy Living a Life with Style!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  
the journey begins

Great support, thank you. I picked myself back up the next day, weighed in and gained one pound. That's OK I thought, this is gonna happen all the time throughout my journey and I've gotta be able to deal with it without saying OH SCREW THIS, GIMME FOOOOOD!! So I went home, made a WW micro meal and that was that. But the next day, I awoke with baaaad feelings. I gained a single pound back, therefore I was a failure, soooooo I binged. First real bad day since I started WW. And of course the behavior melted into the next day and the next, 'cos since I messed up one day, might as well not care tomorrow (this is my OLD self thinking, I let her back in this past week).
I know now this is not only self-defeating but just plain wrong. Like you all said, it's one meal/day/week, just start anew the next meal. But I like to give myself excuses, still. I have to shake that habit, darnit.

Anyway, it's been a week since my last post in this thread, when I gained the pound, and since then I also have ignored WW for two more days (in additon to that binge day). I'm now terrifed to go weigh in tonight. I'll be so ashamed and humiliated if I gained more weight (or all my weight back so far!?!). What to do? I know, I should face the music, I ruined the last week or so, I might as well punish myself and see the damage. A big part of me (wait, all of me is big!) wants to skip tonight. But that means I'll pay double next week, right? Eh, jeez. And what if next week I won't want to go, 'cos I'll say it's too expensive. What would you do? When you know you've messed up or totally ignored WW, do you still go to weigh in? I'm scared I'm gonna find reasons to stop WW when I honestly and truly don't want to - I can't!

((thanks again, so much)) Boy, I really need to slap myself back into the WW routine, I don't know what's wrong with me. Hopefully you're right sweetnsassy, and this is just a newbie thing - thanks for the journallying idea btw, I do write down everything I eat and drink (so tedious but I'm trying) but I'll now record my moods and/or why I ate something I shouldnt have.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #13  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
I'll be so ashamed and humiliated if I gained more weight

First off, write these feelings and save them for the next time a meal becomes a day, which turns into two, ending in a week of weakness, self hatred and blame. It will help ward off or at the very least temper the next time if there is a next time.

Secondly, why feel this way in a room full of strangers. Why would you feel humilliated or ashamed due to a lesson learned? 90% percent of the people at your meeting have "been there - done that". Your leader included! They all empathize and understand your struggle. Their all going thru the same struggle. In fact we all are. We are all trying to lose weight a healthy way and learn to deal with our demons that got us fat in the first place.

You go to that meeting! Show them, better yet, show yourself your stronger then a couple of meals. You've lived thru the guilt and your ready to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and begin again. This is for You, nobody else!

(( Darn Phone.... I have to end here... But dont you end here.. Get right back in there baby girl and come out swinging!! ))

Sincerely,

Sassy
Old 06-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I do this pretty much ALL THE TIME! I lose weight, take a day off, and gain much less than I deserved to, which justifies a week off- right?!? Then, I jump on the scale with the miraculously accurate and consistent weight gain of whatever I lost plus one pound. I have slowly crept up 10 pounds this way.

I joined a gym and switched to the old, "if you eat, you'll be working it off" method. We'll see how that goes... I think this is the story of every eater's life!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGabysMum View Post
.. somehow I said I wanted a piece of lolly cake......
What is a lolly cake?
Closed Thread