Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

I actually made it to the gym this morning! YAY! I ran 5 miles on the treadmill and it felt GOOD! I went to bed really early last night-in bed by 9 but it makes a huge difference in my ability to get up in the morning.

Tech-I know what you mean about not tracking on the weekends! It is a problem for me too! I realized that if I don’t track my points I usually end up over eating so I am trying to force myself to do it.

Laura-Great job staying on track! Keep it up girl! Def let me know about the veggie bags-they sound great! Yep, I am still attempting to hit the gym in the am. I am glad you are getting a smile out of my reverse commute. I guess it is kind of funny-you would be surprised at how many people in my office actually live in the city!

Linda- Glad to hear that your counters and the work are all done. Now you can enjoy them! How was WI? Did you loose? I weighed in this morning ( I don’t go to the meetings but I have a friend that I check in with ever Tuesday) and I am up a 1.5, very depressing. I ate good all last week but only made it the gym 2x. Can’t be a reason for a gain? The only thing I can maybe account for it is that I had a lot of air popped popcorn this weekend and put a lot of “salty” products on them. So hopefully it’s just water weight.

Sarah-Welcome!!

Erica-thanks for the salad recipe-that sounds really good!! I am going to try it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #32  

Linda-I'm so anxious to hear about your weigh in. How did it go?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #33  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all, welcome to everyone who is new. It is nice to see you here. I have no idea why I am not losing tons of weight with all the exercising I get in. I weigh in on Wednesday so we will see if the activity points are working. It is really hard to eat so much in a day. Last week my leader said, if I don't lose this week she wants me to start eating my additional 35 points per week. My doctor said that I shouldn't worry as I am still losing inches so stop focusing on the scale. Easy for her to say.
Linda my brother was like your son and when he was about 25 he got his stuff together and he took computers at school and he is extemely successful in his field. Here my parents had high hopes for my sister and I, and he was the one who excelled at his job. I know I am happy with my life and wouldn't change my life for his six figure salary.
I hope everyone has a great evening.
I will get back to post if I get a chance.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #34  

Weigh in went well! I lost 1.6 pounds, I'm only .6 away from my 10% goal again now. I hate saying again, but I was this close about a month ago and then had a gain.
It was one of THOSE days, though. I didn't even eat lunch until 3:00 pm. I never made it to the gym and I still have several phone calls I need to make for my church festival over the weekend. I'm really up to my eyebrows, as they put it.
But, this too shall pass.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #35  

Now, for a few replies... I'm awaiting a call back so have an extra minute.
Briza, I wondered about air popped popcorn as well as far as sodium goes. I then got a microwave popcorn popper and it's very portion controlled. It makes about 3 - 4 cups and you can put butter spray on it and a bit of salt and it's very good. I really don't like how much sodium is in the microwaved popcorn. Plus, I got a huge bag of popcorn for 99 cents that will last a few months and those microwave popcorns are expensive.
Ann, I am glad you mentioned that about your brother, it makes me feel better. He is, thankfully, feeling a bit better tonight and just went out to see his friends. I want him to see his friends and get out
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #36  
Donna

Hello all,

Went to wi today and I'm down another 0.6 lbs I know it doesn't sound like much but I'm pretty happy.

It was a slow day at work so it seemed to last forever. Then I went to Curves and WW and the grocery store. When I got home I ate my leftovers from this weekend, so now they're gone. Tomorrow is a new tracker and it will be a good week!!!!!!!!!

Linda - congrats on loosing 1.6 you'll have that keychain soon I have faith in you. And my sisters dropped out of college and then later found they needed that education and went back. And I think they appreciated and worked harder because they were responsible and they had learned how important it was.

Ann - Good luck at WI tomorrow

Briza - Yea on making it to the gym. Sorry about the 1.9. Good luck on tracking, it helps so much. I'm planning on getting back to it tomorrow.

Well, I should go, my brain is fading fast, and it's only 8:30, but then first day of TOM I just want to sleep and that wasn't an option. I may be in bed early tonight though.

Can anyone tell me how a 75 lb dog can take up more space on the bed than a 230 lb man????

Have a great night everyone.

-Tech
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #37  

Hello everyone,

Today was my dad's bday so I spent the day and evening with him. It was fun I don't know how many points I ate but I am going to sit down right now and figure that out. Tomorrow I am off to Dallas with my parents for a mini vacation. I am planning on using the gym in the hotel as well as the pool. I am also planning on staying within my points.

Paige: yes I do use the pedometer to keep myself going. I like to challenge myself and see if I can beat my number from the day before.

Newlifestyle: I would have to say the same to you, thank you for giving me something to challenge myself with. If it werent for our friendly competition I know I would be more sedentary and less active. We can do this

Rosegarden: yes I am adjusting to my summer it is like a totally different world though. I am definatly appreciative of the time off.

Tech and Linda: congrats on the losses
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 AM   #38  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

hi everyone!!!!!

Yeap, yet again i'm terrible & forget to come here! Have had a busy-ish week, catching up with my parents, and doing other stuff that seems to take up all my time! My WI went okay this week, lost 700g, which I think is............. well, around 1.5lb. Not my best work, but I was expecting a gain, so the loss was more than enough! I am still finding it hard to stay on track, I think it's because my routine has been so different the past couple of weeks, but I went out on the exercycle tonight & listened to my iPod & laughed at all the songs that brought back funny memories for me.... I am only doing 30 minutes on the exercycle, so think I need to increase that.

Anyway i'm pooped so am heading to bed, I hope everyoen is doing well!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Well I weighed in last night and I'm down a pound. So I'm back going in the right direction (thank goodness!!!). The meeting was good, I was able to weigh people in and I really enjoy that.

What is keeping me focused right now, is walking (a lot), water (a lot), jornaling (all day) and eating a ton of fruits and vegetables.

Linda-Yay!!! You had an awesome WI! You know, the other night at my own meeting I was complimenting the members because everyone had a loss for this week. So you know what my parting words were to them? "Now don't blow it!" Kind of harsh (maybe) but I'm saying it to you too! Let this weeks loss be the spring board that you've needed for a while now to send you into a good losing streak. What is up with your DH making that comment?? I'm glad you were able to come right back with the 38 pounds down! My babysitter who is 15 just joined WW, she has lost 10 in two weeks, those younger gals, it just melts off of them when they put their minds to it.

I just got my new WW magazine in the mail, I love that thing! The first article I started to read was about doing so well all week long and then blowing it on the weekends. One strategy I think I might try is to go grocery shopping later in the week, like on Friday. That way, my house will be stocked with good foods that I'm excited about. Usually I go on Mondays, and by the time the weekend rolls around, a lot of the good food I've been eating all week is gone. I've got to come up with more strategies though, because that is my #1 downfall for sure.

Haylo- that is a great thing that you do with your pedometer, setting up those little challenges to beat the day before, I think I will try that. How are your WI's going? I keep watching your ticker....

Emma-great loss you just had! I'm always amazed when people think they gained and they lose. How is that? These people must not be scale obsessed like I am. That happened last night with this one woman and I said, oh you must not have a scale at home and she said, nope I threw it out. She said that her biggest "treat" of the week is coming in to step on the WW scales. I thought, "nicely put".

Where is futurepixie these days? I loved the whimsicial energy that girl put onto this board. Are you out there futurepixie??

Tech-what kind of work do you do?

Briza-let me know how you get creative with that salad, I'm always looking for ideas. Yesterday I mixed it with tuna and light mayo, it was really good.

Well, I better head out the door for my walk, my entire family is still sleeping right now (even my farmer husband)!!
Catch everybody later!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #40  
newlifestyle

Good morning everyone. I hope that today is a wonderful day.
Congratulations on the loss Linda, Tech and Emma. Way to go. I will let you all know how my weigh in goes. I am not too worried, I am eating op, exercising and feel good so what will be will be.
I am going walking now. I will run after my weigh in today.
Haylo, have a wonderful time on vacation. Enjoy the gym and the pool at the hotel. Remember this is the summer we did.....we can do it.
I will post more later. It is so beautiful out I want to get outside.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #41  
newlifestyle

Hi Erica, I guess we were posting together. Congratulations on being down one pound. Thanks for the salad idea. I am definitely going to try it.
Have a great day and enjoy your walk.
Ann
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #42  

Tech, congrats on your loss! Considering that I had a few gains and stayed the same for three weeks in a row, I would have been practically dancing with a .6 loss! Good job! Any loss is a good loss!
Keep those stories about college drop outs who later went back and were successful coming, I really need them! On this thread, we have several of us who are all different ages and I wonder how many of us who are a bit older say to ourselves (about our education) "if I could do it all over again"... I know I would do things differently. I tried to impress that upon my son. We'll see.
I laughed thinking about a 230 pound man, a 75 pound dog, and you, all in one bed, Tech! That must be something. My husband made a very firm decision once after we got our two cats and told me, on no uncertain terms, that the door is shut at night and they are not allowed to sleep with us. I'm really glad we established that rule up front as I think I sleep better accordingly, they are "dead weight" and tend to lay across your legs!
Haylo, do some of that storyboarding stuff they talk about at the WW meetings as you plan this mini vacation. Sounds like fun. I have SO been craving swimming in a pool, particularly when that clean chlorine smell cleans to you afterwards, I just love that. Ask your mom and dad to "police" you a bit as you make food choices, let's face it, parents can be great nags! My kids tell me that all the time.
Emma, I think you are doing great. I don't know if I could have squeezed in the time for what you are doing as far as exercise with a little one your darling little girl's age. You'll get there.
Sometimes I do wonder, including me, why we are in such a rush? I guess we want to see results NOW and are impatient. I know I feel that way. We are all really putting so much effort into this. Even losing (glad for my loss, no matter what, though) just 1.6 this week seems like nothing compared to the effort I put into that. Isn't it amazing how little effort it would take to gain 1.6 in a week? I could go to MacDonald's and do that in one meal, with ease! By the way, I don't mean to give MacDonald's a bad rep as I actually, on the run, got a very nice grilled chicken salad and a diet coke from there earlier this week. I brought it home and used my own oil and vinegar on it and it was really a good salad. I did smell the French fries when I was in there, but resisted!
Erica, my DH was joking, the tone doesn't come across well in e-mails. He is a good guy and has a very nice sense of humor, one of the things I love most about him. He didn't intend it to sound mean at all when he said that about pushing out the boat and it being grounded. I'm going to have to buy this month's WW magazine, now, Erica, after hearing about the blowing it on weekends thing. Sounds like it was written just for me!
What a great idea about stocking up on good foods before the weekend. Now that you mention it, I generally do my major shopping at the beginning of the week and there is usually "nothing good to eat" in the house and everyone whines about it and we end up eating out. Speaking of that, does anyone have a recipe for a low point quiche of some kind? It would be fun to make that up on a Friday (not on this busy week for me) and have it for lunches on the weekends. We are bored with the "same old" stuff that is in the house.
Ann, I wish you luck at weigh in. If you don't have a loss, I have a few ideas for you about your exercise. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
As for me, this is a really really scary week. I'm co-chair for this Strawberry Festival that takes place on Saturday and we are VERY short handed. When they set the date for the festival, no one realized that several of our key church members were going to a church conference that lasts for about a week, so we are lacking tons of our very best workers. I'm, quite honestly, scared that things may fall apart. The remaining church members are just not stepping up to the plate and we have many "gaps" in scheduling workers. We have about 20 vendors coming to set up booths selling woodworking items, crafts, smoothies (I'll have to see what they are using and get ideas!), we are having a flea market and auction and tons of homemade strawberry treats, as well as a bake sale. Pray for sunshine and that I keep my strength and stay on track through all of this. I'm really tired and frazzled, this could lead to eating bad choices? I'm hoping that I stay in control.
Plus, on top of all of this, I want to get to the gym and didn't get there yesterday. I hope to do so today, but I have been awake worrying about the festival since about 3 am and I'm sore from being tired. Might not be a good gym day? I have my quilt group this morning (I lead the group, so I need to be there) and there will be FOOD. It's not my day to bring the food, so I have no idea what will be served. I will sneak a WW 2 point bar in my tote bag in case it's not WW friendly.
Then, Saturday is our 23rd wedding anniversary. We will be dining out on Saturday night and I really do want to save enough flex points for wine or a margarita as well as a nice filet mignon dinner. We'll see how things go.
Wish me luck, if my posts get scarce over the next couple of days, you'll know that I am just way busy and I will be working hard and thinking of you all!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #43  

Sorry I am "long winded" this morning. In case a few of you didn't get to a meeting this week, I wanted to also bring up a very important topic. They were talking about facing things that upset or make you sad head on, and actually having a good cry now and then vs. pushing those things aside and then eating to compensate for sadness. It's exactly what we have chatted about here and I thought it was good to bring up.
So, if there is anything bothering or upsetting us all, we need to face those "fears" head on and not allow them to lead us to the refrigerator door!
Take care and hugs,
Old 06-20-2007, 07:00 AM   #44  

Oh yes, sorry to post again.... Erica, I was so glad to see that you were down a pound!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #45  

Gooooooood Wednesday morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had one heck of a thunderstorm all night long last night! Did anyone else up here in the NE get it too? I couldn't believe my dds didn't get woken up from it. At one point right before we went to bed I realized I hadn't seen two of my three cats in a long time, so dh and I searched the entire house and still couldn't find them. Finally we found them huddled up together in the shoe closet! Tech-I know what you mean about animals sleeping with you...our cats might not be a 75lb dog, but I usually have one 15lb cat sleeping at the top of my head on my pillow, my 20lb cat sleeping on my chest and my 9 month old kitten sleeping on my feet. LOL...my dh can't believe I can actually sleep that way!

So today is dd's preschool graduation. This one will be a little more "awwww" because she has attended this school for two years and has always been a little teachers pet. Every day she has to go and give her old teachers a hug before we can leave. I'm a little nervous about the eating part of the graduation as there is going to be a little celebration party after the "ceremony." I've very good friends with dd's teacher and the nurse, and they were telling me that they had three cakes donated from local bakeries and the local supermarket donated cookies. Greaaaaat! I will not eat cake, I will not eat cake, I will not eat cake! Or cookies!

After the graduation we are heading down to the mall to have dd's 5 yr bday pictures taken. The appt is at 4, so that is leaving dinner plans up in the air. Maybe I'll suggest just doing the food court, and I'll get a veggie delight sub from Subway? Tomorrow is wi, so I need to be good.

Linda-First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS! I am so excited for you! And I echo Erica...NOW DON'T BLOW IT! LOL! Second of all, I can't even imagine how worried you are about your son. I think I had told you before, that was me about 8 or 9 years ago. I feel so bad now for making my mom worry so much. And it is NOT true that some people do not excel with out college. Street smarts, common sense, and confidence go a long way. I was doing VERY well...I had a really high paying job (I was making about 50k/year, with benefits) and then after I got pregnant with little dd and decided to stay home full time, I just realized that that type of job wasn't what I wanted to go back to (I was a brand representative, but still working in a retail environment.) I could of gone back to it, and if I was willing to relocate, I could of worked my way up in a VERY good company. But I wasn't happy doing that type of work. It was ok some days, other days it just sucked! Then my SIL (who is an executive chef) said to me that I should look into culinary school, it was just a complete "lightbulb moment." I remember thinking to myself, "OF COURSE! THAT is what I should be doing!" And here I am, more than two years later, completely excelling at it. Your son is still so young, of course he is going to stumble and fall along the way. It is a part of life, and it is how we learn and make ourselves better.

Haylo-Glad that you have a plan for your mini-vacation! Hope you have a great time!

Emma-1.5lbs is a fabulous loss! I would take that! Great job!!!!!!

Ann-Yeah, that is easy for your dr to say. LOL! It is hard not to focus on those numbers, especially when you are paying to wi every week.

Erica-Congrats on your loss, too! You sound like your old self again.

Hey, does anyone else here have a Myspace page, or am I the only dork? LOL! I put a new picture on my home page there yesterday, and I was trying to put it on here, too, but in order to get it on the size and quality was so poor.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!
Closed Thread