Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:29 PM   #1  

Thumbs down OK, now - WW online?

Thanks to those who have responded to my earlier msg regarding doing WW at home.

I just went on the WW website and noticed a new program called WW online - it looks like you pay fees and track your progress and get Winning Points plan info online - for those who can't attend meetings. ( It doesn't say however that you get exactly the same info which is handed out at the mtgs)

Is this in place of the old WW at home program? (which I couldn't get at the time due to my geographic location)

This looks like it may work perfectly for me - although I am curious as to the difference between the info you get with E-Tools and WW online??

THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 10-09-2001, 09:50 AM   #2  

I think your best strategy is to go post that question to the etools and ww online users on the WW board. I'm under the impression that WW online gives you etools plus other stuff, while e-tools is a package that is sold to both face-to-face members and online or at-home members, featuring calculators and trackers and the like, but not program materials and menu plans and so on.

I read somewhere that WW magazine is now advertising the at-home program to anyone--regardless of geographical location.

If all you want are the written materials, you may be able to find a package of materials on e-bay as well.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:37 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default ww online

hi there,
i have been using ww online for about 2.5 months now. it is really nice if you cannot go to meetings. all the points info is there and they have points calculators and online journals. you can print points lists as well as all kinds of other information which i bet is similar to what you would get at a meeting. they also have message boards and chat. also they have a neat thing called the 'panic button' which helps you work through problems. there are really a lot resources available there. if you can't make it to meetings or don't want to spend quite as much money on meetings (ww online is $14.95/month, i think meetings you pay by week, no?) then ww online is a good choice. i think the ww e-tools are for meeting members who want someone online too. i don' t know what all it offers.
i like the site and ww program.
Jen
Old 10-13-2001, 05:35 PM   #4  

Thumbs down doing ww

I'm looking for diet epal from southern ca for support/friendship.If interested write me at;[email protected]
Old 10-19-2001, 09:21 PM   #5  

Angry

Just wanted to add one thing to imbacknwant2lose's reply. You may be able to get the books and point finder sliders at your local meeting even if you are online only.

You might want to call ahead so as not to confuse the ladies who work there. Nobody knew what to do with me, but after I showed them my receipt for my online membership, we eventually got everything worked out.

Good luck, it's an awesome program!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:17 AM   #6  

I joined WW online on 10-8-01 and I love it. I am finding it simple and very helpful. I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and I am NOT hungry and I am even finding myself eating things I would have never eaten before. Good program and cheaper than meetings, which I could not make.

Good Luck
Old 10-27-2001, 12:48 PM   #7  

Default Help me to?!!!

I to am cheating at night... I do need to create some care pkgs, but raw carrots make me even more hungry.. Does some raw veggies make others hungry?

I just got back into meat, but need to find more leaner meats... Help me, Please?!! It's just me, myself and I... The meatings are helpful, but I can't or you dont' have the opportunity to talk with the leaders... I want volumn and nutritious meals.

I weighed in today and only lost 1.4 lbs.. I guess that's better than going up again... I am at my last 10 before goal, and just need better suggestions for a single woman who is cheating on herself...

Garon1199, what are you doing food and exercise wise to drop 6 lbs in 2 weeks? I've hit a plateau, because I haven't been watching my intake... I want to just eat eat eat eat and eat, because I am not satisfied... I discovered recently egg whites are good, and whole grain bread, but I need more as I eat lunch and dinner...

Swan...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 10-27-2001 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:08 PM   #8  

Swan, losing 1.4 is great! That's even more than the avg., and you should feel very good about that. Re: night eating, which is my problem too, maybe you could try going out after dinner to a class or a movie or something? Or going to bed a little earlier? And congrats on being within ten pounds of goal, that's terrific!
Regards,
Jan
Old 11-04-2001, 06:46 PM   #9  

Default I am an online member

I have been a WW online member now since the beginning of the year. I cannot make it to meetings in my area, it's just not possible. I have definitely loss with the WW online. If you follow the plan and use the journal. It will work, and it's pretty cheap. The only negative is that you cannot get the tools that you would get at meetings (points calculator, etc.), and unless you have internet access at the supermarket, you can't try a new food item or if you do try it, you won't know the points until you get home and log onto your computer. For me the positives have definitely outweighed the negatives.

To get the other items you have to attend a local meeting (which I plan to do sooner or later).

Hope this helps
Closed Thread