Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #31  
Working My Way Back Down

Ouch Kykaree! Two weeks! I was whining because my gym is closed on Monday! But, it's open today (til 4) and DH and I are heading that way in just awhile. We were both beat last night - him from flying/driving for 12 hours Thurs night, me from being awake for several hours in the middle of Thurs night (DH gets home at 2:30 am, wakes me up, lets the cat out, goes to sleep. Me, awake for another 2 hours it takes to get the cat in. Sigh. I wouldn't have bothered in warmer weather, but it was in the low teens, and she's old). Anyway, we crashed by 10 last night and so were up early and are getting last minute Christmas stuff ready, along with laundry, etc.

Welcome, Jean. What a nice post. This is a great bunch, and they keep me inspired too!

Happy Holidays Everyone!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #32  

Hi LWL,

Saturday evening before christmas, and I have been shopping for a car with my sister all day. i had decided on a smaller car, and we went to test drive one this morning with the kids. They felt it was Ok, I found it a bit cramped but also OK, so this afternooon we went to look at anotherone. Stopped by a dealer and looked at a slightly bigger one, and guess what, I think I'm going to take the bigger one. Much more luxurious, much more feel of driving a real ME car. We're going back after christmas to test drive that one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The kids are with XH over christmas and as far as I can judge he is really making an efffort to have a good time with them. He even put up a tree and they had a kind of fun cooking that the kids enjoy immensly and that he actually never cared about much. Tomorrow I will be going to my older sister over Christmas. I feel peaceful, again I feel that I'm going to make it, and I'm thankfull for my family, sisters, cousins, all of them phoning in and contacting me to make sure I'm doing OK. Also, I'm thankfull for your support at LWL.

Have a great christmas all!

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:40 PM   #33  
Mel

Merry Christmas!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #34  
Ilene the Bean

Getting ready for 9PM Christmas mass.... Merry Christmas everyone
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #35  

Our Christmas day is coming to an end. I ate a healthy breakfast then went for a long walk with DH, had a couple of quiet ones in the pub, then off to our restaurant for lunch. Not too much damage done!!! No mindless grazing this evening, coz we have nothing to graze on.......dry matzos anyone???

Hope everyone has had, is having, will have a blessed, peaceful day!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:57 AM   #36  

Hi LWL,

2nd day of christmas. I have returned from the visit to my sister. In a couple of hours the kids will be back....
I have made it !! I have survived christmas without XH and without my children. I am even having a reasonable good time. i kept pretty busy, now this afternoon to do some household chores, watch a bit of TV.. and it's over!. I think I have dreaded this first christmas without my family after all, seeing that now I'm back home from my sister with the kids ondy a couple of hours away, I feel the tension leaving my body. I definitely should do a meditation CD this afternoon.

I hope you all are having a great time,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:55 AM   #37  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

A stuffed but reformed frus checking in! I ate for Britain yesterday and BOY WAS IT GOOD!!!

Then this morning, back on the wagon, 1 slice of toast for breakfast, a GREAT run and half a turkey sandwich for lunch (I'm still digesting yesterday's feast hence the tiny portions!). I'm really going to be kicking my butt this week, since I have nothing else to do. I'm going to put my xmas pressies to good use too, books on weightlifting and running.

Hope everyone's having a great time this Christmas.

and a big well done to you rabbit, I'm glad you're getting through Christmas ok!

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:37 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

Hi 2F and rabbit ...

I made it to the gym today and did legs it felt so dang good!! Food is a bit off base but I'm doing the best I can what more can I say...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote