Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #16  
Shannon

thanks mel..that made a lot of sense. i have been on 10-12lb weight for lat raises, forward raises( forgot what they are called) and presses. i have been here for a long time. i do 2 sets of 10 at #10 and have started adding 1 set of #12 which i have a hard time finishing. i kept think...why can't i increase the weight???? thanks for answering that question.
omyomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This morning I'm having issues with (bear with me here) the clavicular head of pectoralis major. It's actually tender to touch. I find this encouraging. I've done all kinds of exercises and things for a couple of years now and that's new. I figure I'm making some progress in the shoulder area. Push ups?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #18  

Default Had to Look It Up!

SusanB --
I had to look that one up. If anyone else needs a visual, here it is:

Pectoralis Major (Clavicular Head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
This morning I'm having issues with (bear with me here) the clavicular head of pectoralis major. It's actually tender to touch. I find this encouraging. I've done all kinds of exercises and things for a couple of years now and that's new. I figure I'm making some progress in the shoulder area. Push ups?
I'm glad you posted, because that is one of the muscles where I am still sore after my chest workout on Monday.

Luanne
mscelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Oh that's a nice muscle to have sore
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #20  

Oh, that's the same one I had sore on Sunday! Guess we're doing okay, huh? I'm gone now til 8/6 or so (actually fly home night of 8/5) and won't have any time as we'll be on a friend's 28' boat. The last 3 days I'm at a conference, but should have lots of walking time, esp to and from the conference site from the hotel.
Water Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #21  

Oh, how strange. Our IT guy was here this morning and a lot of weird things are now showing up/happening on my computer. This avatar is one I had at least 4 years ago, and my number of posts is obviously back from 1999! It's still me though!!

EDIT: Figured it out. Since I lost all of my stored logins/passwords, I had to log in today. Obviously I have an account as Water Rat and another as WaterRat. Soooo, choices, photo or flag. Hmmmmm

Last edited by Water Rat; 07-27-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Water Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #22  
Shannon

well i bumped up to 2 sets of 12lbs and 1 set of 10 for shoulders, could barely finish but not even sore today????
omyomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
well i bumped up to 2 sets of 12lbs and 1 set of 10 for shoulders, could barely finish but not even sore today????
I have the same issue with my UBW's. By the time I finish my arms are shaking and I have a hard time opening the car door. Next day - no soreness (or extremely little). I usually do a sort of whole upper body type thing rather than concentrating on 2-3 muscle groups. Would it help if I did more of a split?
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaTN
Would it help if I did more of a split?
In a word, YES... Years ago when I did upper and lower body workouts I don't remember being half as sore as I am now with 4 and 5 day splits....
Old 07-30-2005, 12:36 AM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

I wanted to add, that when you do splits you target the muscle and therefore get much better definition...
Old 07-31-2005, 05:54 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
Oh that's a nice muscle to have sore
What does that mean?

Thanks!
SOON2BE154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:23 AM   #27  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BE154
What does that mean?

Thanks!
Soon2be... it means that I love to have sore chest muscles ... any muscle that is sore, to me means that I have had a good workout... I know, call me silly ...
Old 08-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
Soon2be... it means that I love to have sore chest muscles ... any muscle that is sore, to me means that I have had a good workout... I know, call me silly ...
Oh!

I don't get sore muscles during and after I lift. I have to go slow because there is no warning - no sore muscles. What I get instead is a slight ache when I need to stop. The next day there are no aches or pains.

I do have a weaker leg so I get a strained feeling in the lateral muscles the day after leg work. However that only lasts about 4 hours during the day after. It actually goes away with cardio. But that is the only sign I've done any strength training.
SOON2BE154 is offline   Reply With Quote