Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #16  

Hi LWL,
Crawling out of my bad patch here.
Ilene- good luck with your dad.
Ellenuw, Sandy- Keep it up, hang on in there, this also will pass and one bad day out of 30 is NOTHING !!! Much better than the 80% that pamela peeke says you should do !!
Tiki, Pat - you sound like yopu are still doing great !
We have a cool and rainy summer here sofar. Today I did 7 km run on the treadmill and I plan to keep this up for the rest of the week.

Have a great day,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Baseball doesn't enthuse me. The Tigers suck and Tennessee doesn't have a pro team. I wish they did because then I would follow it.

Ilene, hang tough girl!

Ellen and Sandy, are we back up to speed yet?

Rabbit good to see you out of the patch.

Morning Mel and e're body else.

So yesterday I had a good bad food day, or should I call it a bad good food day? I stayed under 1500 calories, I had the ratio of protein carb and fat close to correct BUT it was not the best choices. Instead of grilled chicken and fresh veggies, I had chicken, more chicken and then 3 South Beach Diet bar thingys. I knew when I bought them they were a bad idea. At least they are all gone now and I won't pick them up again. I got in a 50 minute bike ride this AM and I have NO Money so I won't be able to feed the carb cravings I know I'm gonna have due to yesterdays mini-binge. I also have my fav lunch - turkey chili and plenty of fresh veggies and fruit so hopefully the rest of the day will go well.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:16 AM   #18  

Hi LWL,

Still slowly crawling out of the bad patch. food wise things are not yet back to OK, but at last I have not binged yesterday. Tiki, I know what you mean. I can go some time without a special food, then when I get one taste of it again, I know i am in for a week long struggle NOT to keep eating the stuff. And this NEVER happens with stuff like lettuce, only with chocolate, ice cream and the like.

Excercise for today: I did 6.4 km on the treadmill. Contemplating to lift again but I'll have to be care full because my elbow is again sore and last time this lasted for months.

Have a great day,
rabbit
Old 06-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #19  
Mel

Rabbit- keep crawling, we're betting on YOU! No hole is so deep that you can't see daylight at the top

Couple of real good days here. Today I have back, abs and cardio on tap. Clients sprinkled throughout the day. Just enough to really chop up the day so I have to spend most of it at the gym, but not really working all day I think summer is going to be like that. A couple of my "regulars" have shore houses and disappear for 2 months, and everyone has erratic schedules.

Tiki- I've had a box of bars in the house for months. Every once in a while, they get the better of me and I treat them like candy bars. I should just throw them out since I don't eat them as "food".

Ellen- Haven't had a soft pretzel in years, but they still SMELL good!

Have a good day, LWL!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #20  

Good morning. Thanks for cheering me on. I have decided to give myself an "off" day today (but only for one day) exercise-wise. I am following the "rabbit" plan and crawling back. I figure it took me close to 6 weeks of "showing up" to get back from shingles. Maybe I can "show up" and be through this by next week. Amazingly, food has been good through all this. I know I feel like "junk" when I eat "junk" so have been very care ... she says eventhough her Fitday log shows a Nabisco 100-calorie pack last night. Hey, I was tired and needing a treat and these individual bags are a saviour for me. I know my triggers and am learning how to deal with them. I also have plans "out" for both lunch and dinner tonight, but I know that I am the one in control.

So, an "off day" - last night I sent DH to the baseball game without me and hit the pillows by 8:45. It was the right thing to do. I was not only emotionally exhausted, but also physically exhausted. I did too much in the last few days: Tues: 45 min hill run, 1 hr yoga, 35 min hard elliptical to work off stress and anger ('nuff said). Wed: 40 min elliptical hill program, 50 min training session, 45 min pilates class with 10 min of elliptical before. Boy, were my ankles killing me. I am feeling much better today. Tomorrow is back to an elliptical cardio day followed by pilates and a weight session. My trainer is switching up my sessions, too - moving faster and more sets of fewer exercises. He hopes that will help some of the body fat issues. One of the owners also said to make it a point to measure in the morning next time, and he would like to do it. Additionally, one of the other trainers who used to be a competitive body builder has offered to look at my food log (why I went back to Fitday PC). One thing is for sure, between 3FC and my gym I can't complain that no one is helping me

Oh, and let us not forget my 10K on Sat - how horrible would it be if I missed that! Yes, I am addicted and need to find a new hobby. What do you think of skateboarding?

Thank you all for being there.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:20 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel

Ellen- Haven't had a soft pretzel in years, but they still SMELL good!
Probably a good thing I am no where near Philly or the shore. Those are more than a trigger for me - I bet they are the whole gun!

I started talking about them (OK moaning about them, with longing and passion) to my trainer who is from Philly, too. I think he hates me now
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #22  

Hi,

My yesterday was OK exercise wise but bad food wise. Did 30 min cardio on treadmill and about 20 min abs and push ups. Also did my agility with dog - was accessed by agility trainer as doing "fine" for puppy 18 month old - my hubby went with me for the first time and we watched pro dogs doing agility and he watched our puppy and said even though it is far cry from professional champs the hard work pays off and it is obvious that our dog will be ther eventually.

Foodwise I sucked majorily. My husband lost his job on Tuesday - they simply closed his project because CEO is leaving the company and doing "clean-up"... 55 people out of jobs with market for this field not so booming in the Western Canada. Hubby still reporting for some time as they just made an announcement that they do not know how long they will keep people. That means he is in search for job third time during this year... He also surprized me by making decision to move to greener pastures (like States?) - like now he wants to stay in the same field... Which means what? It upset me so much that I started to eat everything in site (thanks God it was not much left in the house but still I finished a package of cookies and baked one more tray of chocolate chip and made egg salad and ate half - you see the picture). I am still on the bad wave as I am not yet figured out what my reaction should be. Good thing I am going swimming today and bike to work tomorrow (probably in pouring rain but it does not matter).

Mel - about being brave biking - I noticed that I have more time to think and my thoughts are a bit sunnier when I bike (even when it rains) - seems like it fluches blood to the brain and stress is gone... I am sure I won't be able to use stationary bike for over 1 hour in the gym - it would be too boring.

Rabbit - good to get to good days, ehe?

Ellen - happy to hear about good days! Have a good run on Saturday...
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #23  

Sashenka, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I wish you both the best in the upcoming months. Now get out of the kitchen. If you put that weight back on it will only make you feel worse.

Soft pretzels, used to love them with cheese and mustard but they no longer appeal to me thank goodness. My machine gun is Pop Tarts. They arent allowed in the house anymore - PERIOD!!!

I finally broke down, had my binge, got it over with, feel like crap today but am not even remotely craving anything bad today. I know what started it - lack of sleep - and what pushed me over the edge - dumb EX - so hopefully I can avoid combining those two in the future. I didn't work out this AM - was due in for a chest workout and cardio. I can still get the cardio in tonite but don't have heavy enough weights at home to do the chest workout. I guess I will have to slide it into Saturday.

Tiki.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #24  

Hmmmm interesting posts girls...

Sandy -- So, so, sorry to hear about your DH ... to you, hang in there and get out of the kitchen !! That food will only make you feel worse and you know it!!

Ellen -- I think you are the athlete of the year !! I'm tired just reading about your workouts... Between you and MeL I can't take it anymore Can I just read about the great workouts and burn calories , please ...

MeL -- My dad has prostate cancer and will be undergoing 38 radiation treatments for the next 7 weeks Monday to Friday ... So I'm going to be quite busy driving them back and for to the Cancer Centre which is 1 hour 15 mins away... It's going to be an interesting summer. I am not doing all the driving but most of it....

Tiki -- I'm like that too when I binge the next day I don't want to see any unhealthy food !!

Soft pretzels, I've only had one in my life and I wasn't impressed, thank gawd!!!!

I finally made it to the gym for a quicky workout this morning... I almost talked myself out of going but didn't *whew*... I only did 30 mins chest and triceps and 25 mins on the .... not long but it's all the time I had...

Hope everyone else is well, take care all TTFN
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #25  

Hi Ilene, so good to see you on here. That's a lot of driving, there. Hang tough and take advantage of ANY workout you get in.

Tiki
Old 06-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #26  
Mel

Sandy- I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job. What field is he in? The states aren't greener pastures for everything, unfortunately. We've been through the same situation several times in the last few years, too. And I have to admit, I ran straight to the kitchen quite a few times. It doesn't help

Ellen- A day off sounds like a really good idea. If your ankles are hurting, maybe you are overtraining. You need to be able to run on race day Has your weightloss slowed/stopped or just your body fat gone up? If a different person is doing your caliper readings, you won't get an any more accurate picture. What you need is consistency, not an absolute number. 1% is within the margin of error for the same person...1-3% is considered the error range when used by an experienced trainer.

Ilene- Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. My father is going through the same, except he's doing the very accelerated 8 day radiation right now. It's the second round for him. My thoughts are with both of you.

Tik- Good idea to keep lack of sleep and the dumb ex on different days

Hi Rabbit! Pat, how are you? RavenToy?

Mel
Old 06-10-2005, 05:31 AM   #27  

hi LWL,

Wow, what a posts yesterday!!!

Mel-thanks a lot for the encouragement. I'm crawling AND simultaneously hanging in here. I think I see some licght at the end of the hole.

Ellenuw - incredible workouts ! I can imagine that you were tired, you probabely just needed all that sleep. Please be carefull not to injure yourself with your ankles! And have a good run on saturday.

Sandy - What a bad news abour your husband loosing his job, especially as i remember you just moved house. I hope you'll get out of your bad patch soon. Fortunately you still have your job to keep afloat. And whatever happens YOU still have this MAJOR accomplishment under your belt of doing the job, caring for the kids AND keeping yourself in shape. I very much admire you for that.

Ilene- I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Tons of strenght in the next time. Sounds like you're in for what Pamela Peeke calls "treading weight".

Tiki - great that you found out what caused the binge.. lack of sleep & ex combo does sound like a bad idea. Better luck next time !

As for me, I'm still crawling out of the hole. Food wise things are a bit better, no binges now for 2 days. Excercise ways I did 7 km run on the treadmill. My elbow is still sore but less than yesterday.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 06-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #28  

Hi all,

It's Friday, Shake ya Groove thang, It's Friday, twist ya bootay!! I am in an incredibly GREAT mood today. So what I didn't get up in time to exercise and also missed my workout yesterday? So what I didn't pack ANY food to have at work today? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that my two kids got up an HOUR early this morning to straighten up the house because they know that I am about to come unglued trying to work, workout, coach, care for them and clean! They even cleaned out the car! They love me, they love me!

All silliness aside, I am going straight to the gym after practice this evening. I also will grab some healthy food at the grocery store on my way to picking up my daughter for a field trip so I will be fine.

I hope that everyone else has a great Friday as well. NO matter what's going on, let's all try to find at least one positive thing in our life and then focus on that when other things try to bog us down.

Keep your eating clean, ladies and your workouts dirty!!!

Tiki
Old 06-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique

What a quote, I love it!! Your post was infectious, so thank you and your kids...

Today I will workout tonight, not much else to do so may as well get a workout in...

TTFN
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #30  
Mel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique

I love it! I certainly qualify I just got home from the gym after a few clients, then quicky "legs lite", then crazy cardio. I was doing the walk-lunge-run-increase incline treadmill routine today. The end is supposed to be a 10 minute walk with NO incline. After my last interval at 10% I discovered that the treadmill I was on was broken; the decline button didn't work soooo my cooldown walk was slightly slower, but at 10%. Not much of a cool down. I'm definitely dirty

Off to find some clean eats....

Mel