Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-06-2004, 05:59 PM   #16  
Uber-Moderator!!

Right now I'm still using my little Rio MP3 player. If you can't (or don't want to) spend a bunch of bucks on the iPod, you can get a Rio or other MP3 player for around $100 or so depending on how much memory (i.e. song space) you want/need. I had a Discman for years until it crapped out on me - before that it would always skip and it was SO heavy. I've since downloaded all my CD's to my hard drive and wouldn't go back to a discman for anything!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:06 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- Was he cute? Was the guy on the treadmill beside you cute? Enquiry minds wanna know!

My butt is very, very sore at the moment! Food has been good today even if I tested a few meatballs I weighed them all...

I'm a bit of a music illiterate, I can't remember for the life of me the names of groups or their songs, so I just listen to the radio on this cassette player I put in a pouch, sometimes I just hang it on the treadmill other times I strap it to my waist, when my favorite treadmill is taken.... Does everyone else get upset when their favorite machine is taken? I do ... Many of our treadmills are wobbly and I haven't gotten around to complaining about it, YET!!

Last edited by Ilene; 12-06-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

1000 songs isn't enough?? Too funny. I also run around holding a cd player but mine doesn't skip (that much) so its been okay. The only problems I have are falling and dropping the thing, or the headsets falling off. DD wants a iPod for Christmas - I told her to dream on.

Plate on the toe? Ow!!!

Yes, the guy was cute - tall, nice moustache and goatee, clean shaved head, nice bod, but no, I really wasn't watching him. The guy on the treadmill next to me was like my dad's age, big round belly, with the t-shirt tucked into the spandex running tights. What possesses men to wear outfits like that?

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:35 AM   #19  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique
What possesses men to wear outfits like that?
Tiki - don't get me started on what on earth possesses men AND women to wear what they do (and don't) to the gym! The most noteworthy case in my gym is a women - my age- with a huge bosom that hangs down to her waist. And she goes bra-less! When she's on the cross-trainer and those babies are flying, I literally can't watch. What is she thinking? And wouldn't that HURT??

Glad your butt hurts, Ilene! Legs for me today - I'll see if I can live up to you!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:58 AM   #20  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy Tuesday gals and guys!

Mel, speaking of carbs, I think what killed me yesterday was that since I had two "meals" before lifting yesterday, as opposed to nothing if I lift first thing in the morning, I had much more energy to lift, and so my workout was much more agressive than usual. Plus I was actually awake for a change!

So, maybe this morning cardio/lunchtime lifting thing will be a double bonus for me - more fat loss and bigger muscle gains!

Headed to Toronto for the weekend on Thursday - there will be birthday cake involved (not for me!), but I ordered a small one, and hope to keep eating on track. Planning to see Mama Mia while there - I can't wait!

About the iPod - the 1000 are plenty for workouts, but the whole point of an iPod is that you can have your entire music library at your fingertips - which you become spoiled about. I have a transmitter that allows me to play it over the car radio, which is great, since my car doesn't have a CD player. Being that I'm a huge music fan, I don't know how I lived w/o this thing!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #21  

I never thought it would happen, but the other day I filled up my 20 GB ipod. It is really nice to just have your whole library with you and carry it around.

Meg, *I'm* hurting for the lady at your gym. Ow, ow, ow.

Yesterday I did LBWO and HIIT; today is normally Pilates but I have appointments after work so I'll miss it. If I'm not crazy busy I'll do the new stretch video I just got.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Hi gang!

Tiki ~~ What a lovely specimen of a hunka hunka burnin' love that man sounds like .... NOT !! ....

OMG Meg, the visual I got of that lady on the cross trainer!?!? I I'm not sure which is worse Tiki's Hunk or the Bosom Lady...WHAT do people think ?? ...

Cindy ~~ When I started working out in the afternoon with 2 meals under my belt I had, and still do have, much more energy...Hope it works well for you too ... Have a nice trip to TO I hope the weather is better later on this week it's been snow, freezing rain, slush, here... I'm 4 hours east of Toronto though so it can be better or worse there just depends, I guess what I'm trying to say is that winter is HERE to stay for the long haul ...

No gym for me today... I had a 10 o'clock alergy test appointment, I still react to the testing, but gosh not half as much as 2 years ago...... so just another year of monthly maintenance shots ... this is a good thing... Then after that I gave blood so I couldn't strenously exercise ... So I watched a movie "Panic Room" it was ok for a movie I got from the library, I also went there after my alergy appointment... I also did some more shopping, trying to fill up stockings now... I'm almost done though it's all good...

Well not much else... Oye YES , my butt is so freaking soooooooore!!! From the back of my knees to almost my waist!! I'm not sure what I did that different but OOOWEEE I it!!!

TTFN...
Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #23  
Mel

Yeesh- love the visual on boob lady That's GOT to be painful. My favorites are the guys who wear those old clown-style lifting pants in wild prints that were popular 20 years ago or so, along with a muscle t-shirt. But they don't have any I, of course, am impeccably attired at all times.

My legs and butt are sore, too, Ilene Tomorrow my chest is going to be sore. My goal of bench pressing my weight is not going real well. I seem to be getting weaker! I've got some new exercises to try to help- "partials", and some new ways to work triceps before I try to add more weight.

Back tomorrow...

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #24  
Working My Way Back Down

Hear that slap? It's me patting myself on the back! Two days in a row at the gym, and 3 of the last 5!! Did my arms/shoulders tonight even though they were a little sore from Sat still. No increase of weights, though. Then I did 15 minutes each on the elliptical and treadmill, covered 2 miles. It really helps to have good music! I have a new Toby Keith "best of" CD (okay, I'm a country music lover) and most of the songs are really upbeat and make you want to keep moving! And I was shopping for work today and took a run through the electronics dept, and they have MP3 players on sale for $75! I have a $50 GC so I may have found the answer to my tunes without skipping. Okay, back to vacumning the house. The computer just pulled me in when I was in this room.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Hear this slap WR !!! Good for you for sticking to your plan...

Today for me it's back day, not my favourite but ok just the same, I can really see some definition back there lately so it's encouraging...

Food was a bit off yesterday, I had some ch******e, not good, but the overall calories where low...

Well gotta go shower TTFN....
Old 12-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #26  
Mel

And here's a slap on the back from me, too, WR!

Ilene- We must be on the same split Today is back day here also. Except I luuuv back day. Second only to leg day. BTW, legs and butt are even more sore this morning

Have a good one LWL!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:50 AM   #27  
Meg

Legs here today - I want a sore butt too!! Yesterday was a weird workout - my buddy wanted to try doing back and tri's together; unusual combination. We did supersets of pullups and triceps machine pushdowns, seated cable rows and overhead DB extensions, DB rows (both arms) and bench dips, and rope pushdowns and cable pullovers (the odd combinations are because we were trying to find equipment that was side-by-side in the gym). I was trashed when we were done!

All I can say about cardio without an iPod is ... it's worse than death. All I can do is watch the minutes tick down and watch ESPN with close-captioning. Just shoot me now. I'm begging Santa for a new one for Christmas.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Slap, slap from me too!

Meg, maybe if you sing that "Santa Baby" song real sweet to your hubby he might fill your stocking with an iPod early.

Today was shoulder day and they are TOAST! I did a mile on the tread and then another mile on the track. Yet another of my ways to try and shake up the routine a bit.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm really excited gals! My home gym is in! I just need my husband and his truck during businss hours! Mind now ... my new fitness room has no flooring and the drywall needs to be filled but it's exciting anyway. I can hardly wait!

Exercise has been sort of scattered the last couple of weeks but legs is something I haven't done for a few days. I like the idea of the sore butt. Gotta run errands first tho'.

Editted for spelling and to see if I can show you this .....

http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...57852323&pe=11

Last edited by srmb60; 12-09-2004 at 09:16 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:54 AM   #30  
Ilene the Bean

VERY nice susan.... Lucky you!!