Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

on vacation and having fun. eating too much, but c'est la vie.

Last edited by katerina11; 06-09-2014 at 10:29 PM.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #242  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone,

I'm definitely making progress in the weights area. My one rep max right now is 50lbs on the bench. I tried to do a second yesterday and got stuck with the bar on my chest. I was fumbling and a guy walked by and helped me. I felt so dumb, but got over it pretty fast, I figured it's probably happened to every one at one time or another.

I will check out that site. I've been there before, not sure why I didn't think of going there to check out more lifts for legs.

Like I said, I'm happy with how my lifting is coming along, but really disapointed in regards to weight loss. I'm not losing anything and all of my clothes are still fitting the same. I've thought about measuring, but feel like I won't be consistent in exactly were I measure, does that make sense? I just don't see any progress at all right now. I feel I'm eating well and paying attention to what I eat, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #243  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I switched my lifting and running around today and it felt great! I ran in the morning and lifted at lunch. I normally do it the other way round. I need to mix things up more often. It really gave me a boost for some strange reason.

I am at 80lbs on the bicep curls, about 85lbs on the bench (less weight, better form) and 115lb on the squats (again, less weight better form). And my running is pretty darn quick.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #244  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Nice job Ian! Form is so important. It's weird though, I see a lot of people lifting incorrectly and I've only been into it for a short time. They way they throw the weights around during lifts makes me cringe!!!!

I upped my orm on wednesday to 55lbs on the bench press!! Yeah! Also started using the assisted squat rack. I just bought another knee brace to stabilize my right knee. Now that I'm doing weighted squats I want to make sure I have as much protection as possible.

I always thought squats were boring, but using he squat rack is actually pretty fun, much more so that just air squats or goblet squats.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #245  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Just bought New Rules of Lifting for Women from Amazon last night! Got a cheap copy with expedited shipping so it should be here pretty quickly.

I feel I have been doing well on my own, but an organized program I think will definitely benefit me. I'm also really interested in the eating plan because I'm a bit clueless when it comes to eating for muscle building.

So yesterday at the gym I tried to bench 60lbs and failed, luckily I was able to get it onto the lower bar holder on the bench. Too quick to increase the weight. I looked at micro weights as suggested earlier and really want to get them. Have a few other bills we need to deal with right now, but it's on my mind and I think since I've stuck with my workouts so well since starting, hubby won't have a problem with it.

Do you guys think I should purchase a weight lifting belt? I've just started squatting on the assisted squat rack and am only up to 30lbs right now. I wanted to start low and increase steadily instead of just jumping right away into a high weight.

Ah!! Weight lifting is so flipping addicting!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #246  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

So I'm definitely going to look into making my own micro weights in order to make some gains. Like I said earlier, I attempted to bench 60lbs yesterday and failed. Incremental increases I think will be best.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #247  

So, um, people still alive?
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #248  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yes. Still weight training almost daily.

Squats. And oats.

I like eating oats.

But squats make me shake.

I have also come off the bar for the bench press and am using dumbbells instead. I seem to be making quicker gains that way.

Last edited by IanG; 08-20-2014 at 09:49 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote