Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 10:07 PM   #16  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Tanya: I see some similarities between you and I. For a start I used to be in the NAVY and I started at 217 lbs. Nice to meet you.

As for your meals not bad but be aware that it is best to reduce your dependance on processed foods for the very best results ie bread. Also in the first meal is that 2 egg whites? If so that is NOT nearly enough protein for a meal try upping it to 4 egg whites and a whole egg. Check out the ingrediants of the hot sauce and make sure that it isn't laden with sugar - you could be adding extra unnecessary calories. If it isn't too bad then just use small amounts. You eating a lot of fruit as well which is good for some and bad for others. Just watch out and if you start to get hungry then switch to more denser carbs like oats, potatoes and rice - they will fill you up better.

Are you supplementing with any healthy fats at all?

JC
Old 01-06-2003, 10:27 PM   #17  
Mel

Default Tanya....

I think you need a LOT more protein in meal 1. I usually eat 8 egg whites and I only weigh 132 lbs. Also, I'd suggest more vegetables of the green variety. Make sure when you have cottage cheese, you're getting enough, too.You should be getting between 170-190 grams of protein a day. If you divide that by 6, it's about 30 per meal. Check the labels on the cottage cheese- I think thats about a cup and a half. Make sure you use the low-fat or fat free.
Are you and your husband using glutamine? It really helps with the soreness.

mel
Old 01-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #18  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey all -

I just wanted to report that my free day was on Sunday, and I think I handled it pretty well. I thought I would go insane and overeat, but I didn't. I still drank all my water and ate moderately. We ordered pizza for dinner, and I only had three slices. Normally, if I thought I was getting a "treat" I'd eat a whole damn pizza by myself!

I'm proud of me. Thanks for letting me brag.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #19  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Jennelle: I'm proud of you too!

WELL DONE

JC
Old 01-07-2003, 09:31 AM   #20  

Greetings to all you experienced BFLers ... I posted a bit ago that I would be starting my Challenge on 1/6 and I did. I think I did pretty well for Day 1, though my upper body is a bit achey and I need to check into that supplementation.

A brief intro, if ya'll don't mind: I'm 41, married with 2 daughters (6 and 19 months). I have been overweight all my life, with a few points of being close to "normal" throughout the years (can I count when I was a baby?). I am a SAHM/WAHM (graphic artist).

I'm really psyched up for this, especially when I look at success stories on the BFL site and others. At the gym yesterday, I met a woman who just started her second challenge ... and the couple who own the gym started a challenge Sunday ... so I'm in good company!

I got my photos Sunday, weighed in at 222. I meant to get my measurements yesterday, but I guess I'll have to get them today. Plus I'll ask at the gym about how I can get my BF measured.

I'm curious to know some thoughts from some of you old-timers about how you felt when you started your journey ...

Pen
Old 01-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #21  

Good morning all! I am on my Day 8, and I feel good. I'm not too hungry and luckily I am not too sore. I don't really feel like I got the best LBWO that I could've, but that is my fault. I just felt bad yesterday and couldn't get the motivation to give it my all. I was pretty dang proud of myself for just doing something! Oh well, baby steps.

I realized all I had done was ask questions and I had not introduced myself. So here goes!

My name is Carrie (obviously) and I am 22. I graduated from college in June and now I am working as a financial analyst (fancy name for an accountant ) I am 5"7' and I weigh about 142 lbs. I don't have a lot to lose, but I would like to tone what I have! I am getting married in May, and I will be a buff bride!

Ledom: I didn't know you lived in Central AR! I live in Little Rock and just graduated from Hendrix in Conway. Where does your daughter go to school?

Mel: I am so sorry about your ankle. That is terrible that you can't be in the marathon. Take care of yourself!

Well, I am off to work.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #22  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Carrie!

That's amazing. Were you the one that went to the Razorback game last week? Someone mentioned that and I thought it must be another Arkansan. She goes to Henderson and I teach photography there. Small world! There is another girl from Arkansas on the other thread I post on. Hendrix is a great place. I bet we even know some of the same people as I have friends whose children go there.

Hey, you're going to be a beautiful bride. You are at a good weight for your height in my opinion. I am 5'7" too and about 145 is the best I could maintain at my low weight. Sure can't wait to see that day again when I am anywhere near that.

Anyway, good to meet you.

Pen, welcome to you too. I am not really an old timer yet as I just complete my first challenge but I remember the first month or so that it was just a steep learning curve. Figuring out what to eat, how to do the exercises, getting everything in order.

wantobebuff - I quit diet coke cold turkey when I started BFL. Somehow all this discipline seemed to boost my effort. I had a headache for a week but then I was fine. I am sure cigarettes are even move of an addiction (maybe not I was pretty addicted), anyway good for you. You are doing great things for yourself.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:47 PM   #23  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Post Morning all!

It's a lovely hot day here in Sydney (just to make you all jealous!!) and I have a big day at work planned. Hubby and I went to a movie last night which was good and then when we got home we started making plans to buy our next house. I also have to travel up to the last one we bought 2 mths ago to do some repairs and a bit of painting now that the tenant is moving out. I had a yummy clean breakfast of eggwhites and fruit and am all prepared with my cooler here at work with all my meals. Water is on tap and I am set!

Pen: I remember you! Nice to see you again. How did I feel when I started? A combination of depressed and lonely mixed in with little bits of excitement at what layed ahead. Also very very determined. I started at 217 lbs as well.

Carrie: By May you can have an outstanding body! You have a great bodyweight now so if I was you I would just build muscle like a madwoman! It will swap itself for fat and you will 'tone up' brilliantly! Actually I am only 5'4" and my goal weight is 145lbs. You and I are in similar fields as well. I am a financial controller for a software company and currently studying for my Masters in Accounting.

Ledom: You are an old timer to me!!

Introduction: For those newbies I thought that introductions were a great idea! My name is Jacque (pronouced Jacky) and I live in Sydney Australia but grew up in Melbourne Australia. I am 27 years young and married for 4 years to my husband who is an engineer in the Navy. I am a financial controller for a small private software company and I love my job. I started my first challenge on Oct 16th 2001 and at 217 lbs and an ugly bodyfat (it's in my signature). I completed one full BFL challenge and then started a second one but half way through switched to CPB style eating. I did that for 7 weeks and then went back to BFL for 6 weeks, then a bit of a break for a while then back to CPB again etc anyway which took me up to the start of last December. I muddled my way through the holidays did some self exploring and then researched a new plan which I started on the 30th Dec. I have 2 Beagles Bas and Ben that are my children.

JC
Old 01-07-2003, 09:31 PM   #24  

Hello Ladies,
Well I am on day 2, and i did my 20 minutes on the treadmil, my arms hurt worse after that, tomorrow is legs.l have a question, today is 1 week without smoking, I am in a good mood, but my DH
is downright untolerable, I am sleeping on the couch tonite, I hate him so bad, all I do is pray, because he is bein NASTY, anyway.

MELIRIS:I am glad to hear that we share some of the same story with our weight, I just really need to do this, next month I will be 32 years old, and I have no children, so I will be quite depressed if I still look like this on my B-day, I am doing this for me, my self esteem. I will up my protein as well, I did not get FF cottage cheese, but I will have my shopping list ready on Sunday my free day, and next week will be better, more planned now that I know what to eat, and that there is a lot more out there I can have.

JEC: as for glutamine, no I do not have any I will look on ebay for some since I have to order some whey protein, my arms move so I know that the pain is the cellulite and the muscle braking down.

Ledom: I am taking flax oil 2000 M a day a s well as astragulus, and chlorella, and spirulina, to cleanse myself because of the ex smoking, also drinking wheat grass with apple juice and berries with ice and creatine before I workout.

I must admit I have not been doing my workouts in the am, so I will get up earlier to exercise, the problem is that I get up with Dh because he will not do anything for himself, and make him BRKFST, so that is taking away from me. Oh well tomorrow will be better I just know it.

Tanya

Old 01-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #25  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey Tanya,

What's the issue with hubby?

What do you mean by 'the pain is cellulite' ?

Be careful on the juice - it is loaded with carbs and fructose (sugar). As for your hubby taking up all of your time well you may want to have a word with him about it if it is interupting your schedule. Can you come to a compromise of some sort?

JC
Old 01-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #26  

he has a wild hair up his but or something, either it is the non smoking cravings, or the fact that he is on this WOE with me,
Can you give me a sample menu, of 6 meals and portions that I can do until next week , so that I can et the hint of what exactly I should eat or at least the portions right . I have to go shopping on Sunday, I think I will do pasta meat and veggies , and fruit, for luches and dinners, all I got left, and eggs and otameal the rest of the meals, all that I have left . Any advice, I will not give up on this week, I will just make next week better, et ff stuff and more variey. I will miss however the peanut butter on whole wheat toast with cottage cheese and bananna. mmmmmm good.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #27  
JEC
Aussie and proud

try looking on the recipe thread on this site under BFL. Then try the recipe thread on lean and strong which is lot more comprehensive. Since portion size in personal mine would equate to yours so just use the palm or fist method for measurement. Go easy on the pasta though - it is loaded with carbs. Ideas for foods are;

Protein;
FF cottage cheese
egg whites
chicken
steak
Protein powder
fish
tuna
salmon

carbs
any fruit
potatoes
rice
yogurt
ff pudding (not the best but great for sweet tooths)
Yams
Sweet potatos
Corn

oh geez help me out anyone?? Bueler??

JC
Old 01-08-2003, 02:46 AM   #28  

good morning everyone,

well, i finally decided to start posting here!!!

i'm starting C2 today and i'm excited about it !!

i did C1 in the last third of last year and i'm super happy with my results. i didn't take pictures nor did i take measurements, but i did weigh myself and i'm using the ol' pant-o-meter (plus all my other clothes) to asses my progress.

i got rid of 24.2 pounds of fat and dropped down 1-1/2 full clothes sizes during C1 !!! YAY !!! i'm super happy, to say the least.

a bit about myself....... i'm 43, live in israel, divorced with 5 kids. i work from home (web site developer) and am really happy with life !!!

again, i'm not taking pictures nor measurements at the beginning of C2...... which is probably still a big no-no, but i don't really care. if i do what i did in C1 i'll be just fine :-)

i eat super clean, 5 mini-meals per day and drink about one gallon of water also, sometimes more sometimes less.

this is most definitely a new life for me....... i love it all !!! the slower days, the pumped days, the days that just flowwwwww!!!

i'm looking forward to getting to know you all more and doing this togther with you all !!

have a great day.

adriana
Old 01-08-2003, 06:44 AM   #29  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Welcome Adriana - sounds like you had a great challenge 1

tanya - this is what I ate yesterday
1.steelcut oatmeal and apple cooked together (fist size portion)/ cottage cheese all mixed together w/ splenda and vanilla (my favorite bfl meal)
2. bfl banana bread muffin (recipe at l&s site)
3. grilled salmon, baked potato, veggies, salad (this was at Red Lobster- their lunch menu serves the perfect portion of fish)
4. sweet potato, cottage cheese all mixed together w/ splenda and vanilla
5. Page's chili from l&s site
6. cottage cheese, 1/2 c blueberries and 1/4 c fiber one cereal

I used the palm/fist method of measuring proteins and carbs. In terms of cottage cheese I eat 1/3 of a tall container per serving. When I have eggs I eat 1 whole and 6 whites.

Last edited by ledom; 01-08-2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #30  

Good morning!

I had a good cardio workout last night. I tried to push myself. Its hard for me b/c there is nowhere for me to work out in the mornings, so I have to do it after work when I am dragging! At least I am not sitting on the couch.

Confession time:
Two words---BREAKFAST POTLUCK
So, I possibly ate a little more than I should have. And I didn't make the best choices. On the up side, I didn't eat as much as I could have either.

Here is my question. What do I do? Should I keep eating my mini meals as if nothing happened? Should I try to reduce my calories for the rest of the day? Call it my free day and just go to town?

What should I do if I have a bad day. Today is my UBWO, but I think I am going to do some treadmill as well to make up for my breakfast extravaganza.

Thanks for the advice!
Closed Thread