Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 06:49 PM   #16  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Talking Yay!

Crazy name Mrs Jim!!

Great rules though. Personally I am going for the knockout so I am cutting it down to a free afternoon only and cutting out sugar for the whole 6 weeks (even free day) It's gonna be tough but I have done it before so I know that I can do it again!

I am using the star system as well like I did last time but I have an extra star - blue. My kinda runs like this;

Blue - water
Silver - weights
Green - food
Red - cardio
Gold - good thoughts and getting all of the other stars!

I am so excited!!! Got my glutamine all ready!

JC
Old 08-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #17  

Okay ladies, I'm in!!!

I am in desperate need of cleaning up my nutrition. Desperate, I tell ya!! I've been taking way too many free meals here and there and I'm paying for it big time. No weight gain but no progress either, I'm just not feeling the power of progress at this moment. I'm definitely not off the wagon, but I've got one leg over the side.

Now a quick question...with CPB, you get a workout plan too? Or just food? I've wanted to do this for awhile now, but I knew that I wasn't at the point of following it to the letter yet.

Mrs.Jim, I like your rule of thinking positively the best...I've been having a hard time with this lately. I've been agonizing over it and it's affecting my PT business, I broke up with my boyfriend last week, I feel like I'm shutting myself into a place where I know I don't want to be! I don't know how I can feel this way--when two old men stop me on the street to tell me I look great and ask me if I'm a bodybuilder...and everyone tells me I look great, asks me how to do it, etc.

How do you all conquer bad self-image? It's like I want to take that fat girl I used to be and banish her from my mirror forever!! How do I tell her to get lost?

Conquering mental obstacles is WAY harder for me than anything else in life. I know I can do it, but how??

Take care everyone!
Maggie
Old 08-22-2002, 11:09 PM   #18  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default This is gettin' good!

Maggie - Pam does include a customized training plan along with the nutrition plan. I sent her my (then) current workout and she had some good suggestions and changes to make. I'm definitely a happy customer - you can always reuse the info (which is what I'm doing come 2 September).

The hardest part of CPB for me is all the veggies. I'm not a REALLLY big veggie lover - I mostly like sauteed mushrooms, salads, cooked tomatoes, etc. - but on CPB you eat a TON of veggies. But I always FEEL better when my diet is that clean!

Knowing Pam, if she feels she doesn't have time to help you she will definitely let you know - but I'm betting she will be able to! Have you seen her ads on L&S - the new banners?

I think this will be great for all of us here - nothing like a little group thang, huh? Too cool!

Anyone got some name ideas?
Old 08-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #19  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Talking Nah Nah Nah

You know what's hard - the egg whites! They are so plain to eat and then when you eat them with veggies as well - I need to change my breakfasts I think.

Well quite a party we got going on here now! One week to go!

How about

September to remember
the sexiness sprint
C3FC = Camp 3FC
**** month
Back on track sprint
death to the donuts :donut:
carb crazy

ok I am just being silly now

Whatever it is we will be a ! Yay!

JC
Old 08-23-2002, 02:03 PM   #20  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hmm...more than a month...how 'bout we call it a 'semester'.

Man! We're going to have as many smilies as L&S here at 3FC at this rate (hope we get the "Loser" one here - love that one).

Forgot to mention, but yesterday I started a new workout split - just thought it was time for a change...In the "daily workout" thread Pam mentioned that she is doing a new split so I asked her what she's doing - check this out:

Monday - Chest and Quads
Tuesday - Shoulders, Abs, and Calves
Wednesday - Back and Hams
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Bis and Tris
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Chest and Quads, etc....

Actually I like splitting the legs up over three days - previously I was doing quads/hams on one day, and calves with shoulders/abs. This way I can focus BIG TIME on my hams one day, and on quads the next!

Okay gals! Anyone else in for the whatever the heck we're calling it semester challenge??? And do y'all think we should have a separate thread or just let it all mush into the weekly regular thread? Hmmm???
Old 08-23-2002, 04:52 PM   #21  

Yay!! I paid for my CPB. Will she email me now? I bought the 4-week program.

Love the ideas for the names too!

This is gonna be so good, ladies! We are gonna kick some major butt this fall. I love love love this time of year...all about new beginnings and changes.

Mrs Jim--love your new split. I have never tried breaking my legs up like that.

And Mel--you put the 100lb plates on the bar and actually squat with it? That's awesome!! The men at my gym look at me funny when I ask them to put them on the leg press for me! In the last six weeks or so, I've just started squatting with the bar...I'm up to 105 so far...almost my body weight!

Take care, ladies, and have a GREAT weekend!
Maggie
Old 08-24-2002, 03:15 PM   #22  

I'd like to join in on your challenge! I usually post at L%S, but lurk here quite a bit. I'll be starting one day late though, as I'll be in my car all day September 2nd (making the long trip back to Virginia from Georgia...), which isn't a great way to start off a challenge of this nature! I've completed one BFL challenge, and have trudged along ever since (eating pretty close to clean, and working out, but not committing myself to a "12 week cycle," which I think has been a mistake). I'll be following BFL by the book for this sprint. Can't wait!

March 2001: 263 pounds, 41% bodyfat
August 2002: 198 pounds, 25% body fat
Old 08-24-2002, 06:46 PM   #23  

I'm thinking....I'm thinking....

I might do the sept 4 challenge. I'm doing really well although I miss all my NYC walking. For some reason weight is sliding off of me (I don't know why)...and I'm really upping my workout intensity because I become very motivated when I have actual progress...anyhoo, I'm thinking of joining you ladies on this. I'll let you know (school makes everything tough).

for those who don't like all those egg whites, make egg custard with splenda and cinnamon. Beat egg whites or egg beaters, mix in splenda and cinnamon, put in a pyrex dish and bake!!! Eat with your oatmeal or do as I do and fold your cooked steel cut oats into the egg custard mixture when it's halfway done...and cook for another half hour.

I found the egg custard thing saved me a lot of gagging on egg whites (which I tend to do).
Old 08-24-2002, 08:41 PM   #24  
Uber-Moderator!!

Smile Woo hoo!! Susan's In!!!

You don't have to start on 2 September - in fact I know that's a rather awkward date to start, since us Americans have Labor Day off that day and won't be on our 'regular work schedules' (plus there's always the temptation of BBQ's, etc.).

The important thing is to COMMIT. Right now I'm reading through Dave Draper's "Your Body Revival" - I'm finding it EXTREMELY motivating. That's my reading for this week - along with re-reading "Crossing The Abyss" in BFL, plus going through my growing collection of muscle/fitness mags for ideas and inspiration!

Oh, along with reading the threads at L&S and here

Should we have a check in thread as well? I think it would be a good idea...what say you gals we start a thread on 2 September called "The Six Week Camp 3FC Challenge" or something like that...we can check in there and keep the chit-chat and other info on the regular BFL/BB thread...whaddya think?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:14 AM   #25  

I like the new thread idea, Mrs. Jim. I was thinking earlier that I should suggest that! I'm excited! It's motivating to know that others will be embarking on a challenge while I am. I am going to spend the next week easing back into BFL full-time, and will ber arin' to go come Sept. 3rd!

-Colleen
Old 08-25-2002, 09:08 PM   #26  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Smile WOW!!

I feel like I have started a fashion trend or something!

I feel so much better knowing that I won't be the only one having a hard time during September.

I think the best name is C3FC because it's simple and easy to type!

My split will be the same as last time over a 2 week cycle;

Monday:back/bis
Tues: Shoulders/tris
Wed: Quads/hams
Thurs: Chest/abs
Fri: back/bis
Sat: rest
Sun:shoulder/tris
Mon: quads/hams
Tues:Chest/abs
Wed:back/bis
Thurs: Shoulders/tris
Fri: Quads/hams
Sat: rest
Sun:Chest/abs

I am also doing 3 sets of 15 with 2-3 exercises per bodypart.

Cardio is 2 HIIT sprints (18 mins), 2 runs (25 mins), 2 walk/jog (30 mins)with dogs over various times during a week. Some days I do back/bis and then a run and others I do weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I don't recommend that ANYONE does weights and cardio in the same workout normally but I have found that due to my soccer and running abilities I can afford to do both without wiping myself out completely. Note though, it took me 6 months to work up to this point originally. Also, I NEVER run after a leg workout - otherwise it kills me for obvious reasons. On leg days I usually lift in the morning and then run the dogs in the afternoon.

Susan: If it's any consolation I am at college as well so I have classes at night during the week and then study the other nights. But the way I think about it is that it is only for 6 weeks so I can afford 6 weeks of nothing but study and exercise when I have the rest of my life to do other things. I hope that you end up joining us! Thanks for the recipe by the way. Sometimes I make the pancakes as well with just egg whites, oatmeal, splenda, cinnamon and some fresh blackberries and blueberries. They were my savior towards the end because I tend to gag on egg whites as well.

Mrs Jim: So what kind of competition are you up for girly? Any bets you want to make??

Everyone: Are we going to set some goals for this C3FC? I am going to think about mine over the next few days and then post them on here for everyone to keep me accountable for them.

Moxie: Don't be afraid to ask Pam any questions she is such a sweety! Or you can ask Karen or me since we have done her program before!

I think that we should have a separate thread so we don't annoy anyone else. What does everyone else think?

Ahh I have to get back to work! Talk to you later!

JC
Old 08-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #27  
Mel

Default Hi! I'm back

OK, I'm in the minority here, but I think we should stay on the same thread cause 1) I'm already spending too much time posting and reading different boards and threads on-line and 2) sounds like most of us are going to DO THIS challenge, and those of you who aren't are doing your own anyway, so why not keep it here?

I've emailed Pam back and forth and I think I will do her program- I love vegies and eat tons of vegies and egg white omelettes, so I think we'll get along just fine. Tomorrow I'll sign up and hopefully be up and going with her when we start. I don't know how long it takes her to work up menus....

Just my 2 cents. (Thunder has to put in 3, eh?)

Just got back from a 3 day 1100 mile trip to Columbus,OH and back to help dd move. Took my cooler full of chicken breasts, CC, brown rice, apples and brocolli and at clean the whole time except for a planned free meal (Sunday brunch, yum). Skimped a little on the water on driving days, but how many times can you stop?!

This is going to be great, ladies!

Hi colleen!

Moxie- I can squat the 100 plates, but I have to get one of the trainers to rack and unrack for me because I can't pick them up . So I only use those on the rare occassions that I work with a trainer. Maybe that should be one of my goals, but I think I'd probably just get hurt

bed time- mel
Old 08-25-2002, 11:18 PM   #28  

Okay, I'm in. I've decided. I'm going to do measurements next Monday and then start. I put on a pair of pants today that I haven't worn since May and they were much looser. Took my Harley for a spin and it was nice to feel leaner and stronger on the bike (I haven't ridden since May).

Since I worked my butt off in an office all summer and only did NYC power walking (as only a New Yorker can), and have only really gotten my gym act together in the past 10 days, I am very thrilled with this. I'm usually of the opposite ilk: work out like a maniac and eat clean and not lose any inches...but for some reason things are working for me....so...
I am not going to screw it all up.

I also agree that checking in here will probably work okay.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #29  

Wow!! You're gone for a couple of days and you ladies have started a revolution. Count me in!!! It's just what I need right now. I will be starting on September 3rd - although I am still doing really well on what I'm doing now. My free day this week wasn't a hogfest like my past ones. But I will officially measure etc on Sept 3. I do have a business meeting out of town at the end of September but I managed 2 of those when I did my first Challenge so it should not be a big deal.

MrsJim - It's pretty easy to drag your husband to the gym when you workout at home LOL!! Haven't got him sold on the nutrition part of it yet - small baby steps. Speaking of nutrition could you tell me how to pull up the recipe thread?

Now for my .03 cents (nothing like peer pressure). It just seems to me that it sounds like everyone is on board anyway - so why not continue the thread here? But this is coming from someone who can't seem to pull up a recipe thread - another one might just totally confuse me. I do agree with JC that C3FC sounds simple and easy to remember.

As for goals - I'll have to think about that one.

Talk to ya later!!
Old 08-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #30  
Uber-Moderator!!

TH - ya can't reach the Recipes thread? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18797 <-- Try this link and feel free to add to it if you have any yummy recipes.

Well, the big $122 million Lotto was this weekend and guess what - we didn't win Oh well!

Okay, we'll just mark our progress on the regular thread. I agree that it's tuff keeping up with all the threads here as it is!

I leave for NYC tomorrow morning...just getting things packed away and ready right now. I will still be checking in since I should be able to access email and the Net from my laptop.

We fly back on Sunday, and after I start the first load of laundry I'm going to have Jim snap some progress pix of me, then I'll take measurements (ick)...I'm not posting them until after the six weeks is over. I know that bandspace here at 3FC is at a premium, and some of you don't post at L&S so I might start us a little photo place on msn.com or somewhere like that where we can post our photos after the six weeks is up.

The only thing I see happening in the six weeks that might possibly screw me up a bit is a road trip that Jim and I are taking to San Diego the weekend of 20 Sept. Since we're driving, though, it shouldn't be any problem bringing along a cooler with some chicken, veggies, etc.

Mel - you love veggies?? Wish I did! That's the toughest part of CPB for me - the HUGE amounts of veggies that you eat on it. Eggwhites I can eat until they come out of my ears - as long as they're whipped into an omelette (when I first started CPB I was hard-boiling eggs and eating the whites that way. Yuk!)

JC - you are too funny! Didn't know we were going to have bets on this Unfortunately I'm not a betting gal, despite the fact that I did purchase $5 worth of Lotto numbers this weekend - we only buy when the jackpot is high.

Goals?? Right now my goals are to see my abs again and be one hot 40 year old come 10 November!!! I'll work on more 'defined' goals this week...

I agree C3FC is the best name! Let's do it ladies!!!
Closed Thread