Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

Today's food:

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 3 oz buffalo chicken sausuage, 20 asparagus spears

Meal 2: 1 FF Cottage cheese, 1 cup blueberries, with chocolate fudge SF Jello Pudding Mix

Meal 3: 2 cups FF Cottage cheese with butterscotch SF Jello Pudding Mix

Meal 4: 6oz turkey breast, guacamole, romaine, taco sauce rolled up in a lavash.

Meal 5: Same as meal 4

Exercise:

4 rounds:
1/2 mile runs with 1/4 mile recovery walks
Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #17  
No description available.

Hi Depalma!

How do you do your cc/pudding mixture? I just mixed in 1 box of sf butterscotch pudding mix with 2 cups cc. Is that it? I'm eating one cup with some kashi cereal for lunch and it is pretty good. I might have the other cup for an afternoon snack.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Hi Depalma!

How do you do your cc/pudding mixture? I just mixed in 1 box of sf butterscotch pudding mix with 2 cups cc. Is that it? I'm eating one cup with some kashi cereal for lunch and it is pretty good. I might have the other cup for an afternoon snack.
It depends on the texture I'm in the mood for. I usually like a thick, almost paste-like texture so I'll mix it the way you describe, just dump the mix in with the cottage cheese, perhaps adding a drizzle of water in to give enough moisture to be able to stir it. Other times, I like it more pudding like and will add about a cup of water. I stir the cottage cheese up with the water making a milk-like substance before adding the pudding mix. This still sets faster and a bit thicker than pudding made with 2 cups of milk. I've done it with 1 cup of cc and 1 cup of water and this matches the texture of regular pudding almost exactly, but tasted a bit diluted to me.

The chocolate, chocolate fudge, and cheesecake puddings also go well with frozen berries or cherries. The juice from the thawed berries usually adds the just the right amount of moisture for my taste.

Last edited by Depalma; 05-03-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #19  

Today's food:

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 4 oz extra lean beef shoulder, 2 cups mushrooms

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal): 3 bags of stir fry vegetables, 8 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of mango chicken curry sauce.

Meal 4: The usual turkey roll up.

3 cups of coffee with sf coffee mate throughout the day.

Exercise:

Warmup: (1 set of 10 each)
Shoulder dislocates
T-spine rotation
Cook hip lifts
Reverse crunch
Mountain climbers
Overhead squat with broomstick
x-band walks
KB SDHP
KB swings
medball cleans
alternating lunges

Strength:
Deadlift
3 warmup sets @ 40, 50, and 60% of 1RM then 1x3 @80%, 1x3@85%, 1xas many reps as possible (4)@90%

Circuit: 3 rounds (rest only when needed)
Pullups x 10
Incline situps
Front Squats x 10
Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

I haven't done the pudding and CC in a long time, sounds like a nice change... I usually put the pudding and cc in a large bowl and used my hand mixer to smooth it out. I also smooth out my cc and add vanilla and Splenda, that's quite yummy too..

The last couple of days has been good, Friday was a wash though...

Today I ran to and from the gym, 20 mins each way, I do this a lot in the summer, did a quicky workout 30 mins, once there... then this afternoon DH and I went for an hour walk...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #21  

Today's food:

Meal 1: Breakfast Burrito - 1 cup egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled, 3 oz italian style chicken sausage, and taco sauce all rolled up in a low carb, flax-enriched lavash.

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal): 3 bags stir fry veggies, 8oz 96% lean ground beef, and 1/2 cup jalfrezzi curry sauce.

Meal 4: The usual turkey rollup

3 cups of coffee with sf coffee mate throughout the day.

Exercise:

10 rounds of tabata sprints on the stationary bike followed by 30 minutes of steady state on the bike.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #22  
Working My Way Back Down

See how different we all are.... I absolutely cannot bear the taste of SF pudding - or almost anything with artificial sweetner. I usually will just eat less of the real thing. Though I was packing for a short retreat where we had to bring our own snacks, and in comparing the calories on chocolate pudding cups, found that the real stuff was only 10-15 calories more a serving. Totally worth it to me. BUT, sugar rarely sets off overeating/bingeing for me. I'm all about salt in that respect.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Today's food:

m1 - oatmeal and whites
m2 - cc yogurt bran
m3 - tuna patty on a ww bun
m4 - homemade chicken quessadilla

I ran to the place where I give blood today and walked back... about an hour + total time... some abs tonight while watching Biggest Loser...

As I look at my food for the day, darn I didn't eat much...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #24  
No description available.

Great job giving blood, Ilene!

I'm gonna lock this thread cause there is another one for this week.
Closed Thread