Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default LWL #286 25th-31st December

Last week of the year!

I hope everyone had a merry one!

I'm knuckling back down again, yesterday I ate 2 Mince Pies in a row... Well it was CHRISTMAS! I'm throwing out leftovers and giving DH the pudding and custard to finish and I'm going to enjoy that old bird that's sitting in the fridge

We're actually spring cleaning today We've moved the living room round completely opposite to what it was... And DH is cleaning the windows... I suppose I'd better finish off tidying up then!

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frus you beat me!! I should've been more patient and yours is technically correct, I went Monday to Monday... so here is my entry from my post:

I always struggle in December and this year has been no different. I am trying though and I know I need to get back into the swing of things. I even exercised on Christmas!

One interesting thing is I want to play around with doing lower weight higher rep until failure. Last night I started with 5 lb dumbbells on my biceps and I got to 50 before I got tired of doing it (but not reaching failure). Since I haven't been doing weights regularly, I thought I would get tired quicker. My next set I did tire out at 30 reps with 8 lb dumbbells and I finished off the set with 10 lb dumbbells and 15 reps. I did the same type routine with chest and then did some crunches. Anyway, I am sore today which is good.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Now its time to kick some booty for the new year.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Nelie, you were able to lift 50 lb dumbbells and do curls? Oh my! I haven't done the exhaustion thing, but since I know that my last set is on 15 and I can only get to 8 before struggling with my last 2, I don' think 50 is in my future - but heck, I can give it a try!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #4  
Just Me

Fran, no! Sorry I didn't explain it properly. I did 50 reps of 5 lb dumbbells. I would die with 50 lb dumbbells. The highest I've ever done for biceps is 30 lbs and that was a couple years ago.

So it was...
5 lb x 50 times
8 lb x 30 times
10 lb x 15 times

I was just surprised that with the fact that I haven't been lifting regularly that I could do 5 lb dumbbells 50 times.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #5  

hi LWL,

Keep your fingers crossed for me...today is the day that i hopefully sign for my house. I am very excited, I can hardly believe this will work out. on thwe other hand, if not today, then tomorrow or the day after...

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:38 AM   #6  
Just Me

Rabbit,

My fingers are crossed and my toes! I hope everything goes well for you. I can only imagine how exhausted emotionally this has been for you.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Oh Nelie ! Much better ! That makes more sense!

Rabbit, here's hoping that you are in the "free and clear, your name only" category by this evening!! Advance congrats!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

For rabbit...

I bought lots of sportswear in NikeTown and a pink sports bra in the "January" Sales

We're off for pizza tonight with our friend I'll be ok, had less than half my calories for the day, so I should be ok.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #9  

YYYYEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

I am OWNER of my house !!!!!!!!

And with that ALL the judicial hassle of this divorce is OVER and DONE wiht!

I am on pink champagne tonight, celebrating!

Thanks for all the support & good thoughts ladees! And spercial thanks to my sisters & family, who have guided me & my kids through the past year.

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #10  
Mel

Congratulations, Rabbit!!!!!

I'm taking a week off from lifting. Sporadic cardio. I did a long run on Christmas day and my knees are still aching. Dumb.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Rabbit - enjoy being a sole homeowner!

Mel - sounds like your body is ready for a rest.

Frus - pink? sports bra?

I had a lovely day today. Library still had $$ in the book budget, so my children's librarian and I spent the day - and $4K - and came back with about 380 books! I love buying books. My poor little CRV was sitting down on its springs by the time we had all those books loaded in the back - and it was snowing all the way home from Anchorage to boot. TOmorrow I get to unpack and fondle, um, ready them for processing! Some days my job is the best!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #12  
aka Superwoman!

WELL DONE RABBIT! : I'm so happy for you

Mel, kudos to you for taking the week off, I'm trying to fit in a run too... might wear my knee supports since I haven't been out on the roads since October...

Pat - your job sounds cool! I books too - I have to keep giving my paperbacks to tha charity shop since we don't have big enough book cases! When I get a house with more than three rooms at least one room will be a library!

Right, I suppose I'd better put a leash on DH and take him for "walkies!" He likes it