Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #136  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kathi

Congrats on the WL

Come chat with us on the threads below (non stickies).. the ladies are amazing and so supportive. Its really cool because there is a mix of different surgeries and ideas.

Hope to see you there !!!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #137  

I am 4,5 half months after surgery and my doctor refuses to fill me! Is he an idiot or not? The band is 11 ml and he put 2 ml after first month. And thats it. I gaind 5 pounds, but he does not to fill it. Am I crazy?
nomena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #138  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomena View Post
I am 4,5 half months after surgery and my doctor refuses to fill me! Is he an idiot or not? The band is 11 ml and he put 2 ml after first month. And thats it. I gaind 5 pounds, but he does not to fill it. Am I crazy?
No your not crazy, what is his reason for not filling you? how does he expect the surgery to work if he's not helping you. Is there any way you can go to some one else. I would demand he put some in... I'm sorry hon.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #139  

thank you darling.
i have e-mailed to one private doctor, i hope he will take me in...smrtz
Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #140  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomena View Post
thank you darling.
i have e-mailed to one private doctor, i hope he will take me in...smrtz

I hope so too.. it's got to be so frustrating for you. Hang in there !!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 237/179/140

Height: 5'7"

I had my lap band surgery on Feb. 4th and I'm in sooo much pain. My ribs, my pouch, my esophagus, my port, my breasts (weird huh?), the incisions... it's so hard to get up and down from a chair or bed, which I make sure to do anyway because I need to walk, and lying on my back all these days has it hurting so badly. I'm living off of Loratab. Has anyone else had this much pain from theirs??
Jeefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #142  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeefer View Post
I had my lap band surgery on Feb. 4th and I'm in sooo much pain. My ribs, my pouch, my esophagus, my port, my breasts (weird huh?), the incisions... it's so hard to get up and down from a chair or bed, which I make sure to do anyway because I need to walk, and lying on my back all these days has it hurting so badly. I'm living off of Loratab. Has anyone else had this much pain from theirs??

Yes, I was in alot of pain, for about 2 weeks (the first 5 were very hard) but with each day it got better... and the more I walked the better I felt. I slept in my recliner b/c laying flat was impossible.

Strange (funny) how some people are shopping the next day and then there's us LOL. Hang in there and I'm really sorry for all the pain you are having

Leenie
Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #143  

I was the one shoping another day...lucky me!

Hang on Jeefer!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #144  

Hello from New zealand. My name is Teeli and I am 63 and I had a band inserted on my birthday in Feb..it is now 8 weeks since surgery. I was 136 kgs and am now 112kgs.I have been on a plateau for the last 3 weeks, no scale movement up or down. GRRRRRR! I do gym (weights) 3 days per week and a 3 mile fast walk every second day and I am just about to learn Zumba.
on Tuesday I have to travel to tauranga to see my surgeon and ask for a fill, my first, because just now, 8 weeks after surgery I am beginning to get REALLY hungry...and there doesn't seem to be any stop sign lighting up anywhere, lol.I just stop because I know I need to, not because my band tells me.Is this normal?
Teeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #145  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Teeli and

Congratulations on your weightloss, good job !!! Yes, it is normal to not feel any restriction with your first fill. It is also normal to not feel any restriction after several fills. It really is individual to each person. I think my band was 1/2 full when I finally felt the restriction, so hang in there, go slow and be gentle with yourself. Restriction will come so patience is needed

Good luck !!!!

Leenie
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #146  

Thank you Leenie. I had the fill yesterday, wasn't pleasant, hurt like heck..and I don't feel any restriction, even after 4 cc's...ho hum...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #147  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeli View Post
Thank you Leenie. I had the fill yesterday, wasn't pleasant, hurt like heck..and I don't feel any restriction, even after 4 cc's...ho hum...
Your welcome

If your band is a big one, 10 or 11 cc's its going to take more then 4 cc to feel anything..but again, everyone is different. I have a few friends who have the 11 cc band and are at a good restriction level at 8 cc's. Do you know what size you have?

Leenie
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #148  

No, I don't know what size it is but I suspect it is a large one, seeing as I was( WAS!!! ) so large myself.I will ask next month when I go back.I still don't feel a restriction, as such, but I do get the hiccups towards the end of a meal, and then I stop eating.I guess that's something.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #149  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Teeli,

Finding out is good, it will help. Please remember that people who have the band really need to be patient... its a slow weight loss process and that losing
1 - 2 lbs a week is normal and GOOD You'll get there

Last edited by Leenie; 04-23-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 237/179/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey all
Just thought I'd do a little update on my progress. Well, my Lap-Band was Feb. 4th, 2010, right? It's been slightly over 3 months and since then I've beaten my diabetes, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and have lost 48 lbs since the actual day of surgery, but lost 58 since I started the pre-op diet and such in late January! I walk (and occasionally jog) almost every single day and have been doing so pretty much since the end of December. Getting stronger every day, and even when I have probs eating or hurt or get sick, I just think "this too shall pass" and know that everything I've gone through/will go through, is totally worth it! Never give up guys, if I can do it ANYBODY can!
Jeefer is offline   Reply With Quote