Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 264/264/175

Height: 5'4

Default Happy Dance cut short...

I was VERY happy yesterday and this morning thinking I was FINALLY going to get the lap band and be a new & improved healthier me!! I went to my Dr yesterday and am getting a referral to a bariatric surgeon. I'm scheduled to attend the free seminar tonight. I just KNEW it was finally going to happen for me.
Now... I'm a bit bummed out . Just spoke with my insurance company and found out they have a 5K max benefit on wls plus I have to pay the anesthesiologist myself. They said there's only one Dr. my PCP can refer me to. Then when I called to see how much that Dr charges for the lapband the office said 17+!!! I don't have the $$$ to cover the difference!!

My BFF just had the surgery in March and has already lost 60lbs. She told me that if the Dr is under contract with my insurance company often times they are obligated to take what the insurance company will pay. I PRAY that is the case!! I really REALLY want and NEED the surgery.

I'm still going to the seminar tonight and praying for some good news. I'm not going to go home and drown my sorrows in B & J ....
GoodTimes1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #167  
Old Cackler

oh honey ... good luck!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #168  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

yes good luck !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #169  
...Still going...

S/C/G: 164kg/ticker/77kg

Height: 5'11

Hi there I'm new to the forums but sort of joined on a whim.. Just thought I'd post in here because I've also had lap banding surgery earlier this year. I've lost about 25kilos so far in 3months
Not sure what that is in pounds...
Thebeautyandthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #170  
Old Cackler

nice to meet you!!! glad you joined us - how are you managing? any problems? issues? advice?

and congrats on your enormous loss! 25 kg works out to 55 pounds - 1 kg = 2.2 pounds.

so - easy calculation - double the kg, and then figure out what 1/10 is, then add 2/10 to the total!

so, according to your ticker - you started at 361 or so, you current weight is 308, and your goal is about 170.

yeah - i need to get a life!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #171  
...Still going...

Lol!! Thanks for doing that for me
See, when you put it like that it does seem like a lot!
I actually got a fill on Thursday, today is Monday here and I still can't really eat solid food.. Sort of sucks but my stomach is pretty swollen. I'm on 5 at the moment and my band can hold 12. also, I can't really notice a physical change in myself.. Yet. Even after losing 55lbs!
I guess the bigger you are the longer it takes to notice a difference.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #172  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I am sure people can notice... some just won't say anything no matter how much you lose. I bet you feel great
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #173  
...Still going...

I feel pretty good one step closer to looking like Tyra banks ;p lol
Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'6"

Default So Excited

I am so excited had to share Just received appovel for lapband My surgery is May 27 Wish me luck please Thank s everyone

Last edited by babypuff; 05-09-2011 at 10:28 PM.
babypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 249/193/140

Height: 5'7"

I am 25 yrs old.. I had the lapband when I was 18... I had success with it, I don't regret it.. I got down to 141 pounds at once for a short while

I had a bunch of complications. I have had a total of 3 surgeries with the lapband including the last one to have it removed in 12/2010..

My Doc said my body was rejecting it

If anyone has any questions about it, I am here. I have quite a bit of "complication experience" with it... I know when I was going through problems, I was embarrassed to ask some questions about the side affects/issues I was having...

I just started the IP diet and am very happy with it. I have a few LB friends I have been trying to convince to start it because it can be LB friendly

Good luck everyone!
Heather180267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #176  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Heather and

So sorry to hear about your band removal and all your surgeries but I am happy to hear the LB helped you lose weight. Good luck with the IP diet, I see lots of folks on that board really love it.

Leenie