Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
aimeee-i guess so...what about calling it "portion control"???? does that make it sound any nicer and easier? i guess I don't really "eat healthy"...I'll never give up my white bread or soda or my snacks.....but I will try to eat less than I used to. you'll get there, don't worry.
thats what I do, not always healthy but less of the bad stuff
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I like that better... portion control, sounds more doable. Coke is really hard for me to give up... or Rootbeer, heh. Its addicting!! I wish diet pop was an option.. stupid artificial sweetners.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #18  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Aimee, can you use Splenda? I don't drink much pop anymore at all, but Diet Rite uses that, and it was always my favorite.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #19  

callystia - Splenda is just as bad as aspartame in my body, I used to drink lots of diet iced tea, and now if I touch anything that uses an artificial sweetner my throat swells up and I get migraines. I believe Diet Rite is only in the USA as well.

So I figured out my calories including a light dinner, I may add more, but its around 1300 I will likely have a snack tonight, but I think I can stay at or below 1700! Woohoo! On that note.. I am off to work.

-Aimee
Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #20  
Starting Fresh

zomg

so the contact head person just came into my office (so I can fix a bug in the website of course, haha) - anyway after he sends me a message on icq and goes, "wanna know what is really weird?"

and I was thinking some links were reversed, anyway he goes, "I almost didnt reconize you sitting there in your office" "Don't take this this the wrong way but you look like you have lost alot of weight and are looking great!"

he is the first person to notice that doesnt know I have been trying!

and today feels like a fat day! haha
Old 10-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #21  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Yeeha! Go Courtnie!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #22  

Courtnie - thats awesome I am so happy for you, it's very nice to have people notice things like that, especially on "fat days"!

So my goal was to be around 1700 calories today, but instead I was 1866. Exactly 10 calories more than yesterday, phew this is hard work! We ended up going out to pick up dinner, and I got a salad instead of TacoBell greasey goodness.. heh. Fingers crossed it was good enough to show a loss on my scale tomorrow, I am going to 233! I AM!! How's that for determination?

-Aimee

Edited - so my calories were actually 1840, I miscalculated something!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #23  
Fat-be-gone

courtnie--that's awesome!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #24  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yey its great when that happens. Im really longing to get my goal before xmas. I broke my running machine, waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me though, hoping I can get replacement bands.

Anyway, I have an exam Monday so Im revising for that more than exercising, maintained my weight this week despite only exercising for 130 minutes. Week off next week, and after my exam so I am going to push for a huge loss next week, might aim for something like 4lbs and do 2 hours exercise a day, who knows. All i know is that I am so determined to reach my goal, still I spose it doesnt matter how long it takes me to get there as long as I do, and as long as I do it in a healthy way.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Height: 5'6"

I am 3 lbs. closer to my Christmas goal today. I have been eating normal (1600 calories a day) but I started lifting some weights and drinking protein and the weight seems to be coming of at a steady 2 lbs a week. I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day but I cannot go without at least 2 diet sodas a day.
Aimee that must really suck about the artificial sweeteners. The diet sodas are my treat for being good.

Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #26  
Starting Fresh

Aimee - you are doing great with your calories, just keep it up. Once you get more used to it you will eat less and less and sometime not even mean to! thats how it seems to be working for me anyway...

Terrie - congrats on the 3 pounds! that is awesome! you have reminded me that I should get back to protein shakes - maybe that will help move things along a little faster

My scale was still up one pound this morning... tomorrow is weigh in - I wonder if I should move my ticker back up. I know there is no way I gained one pound - but maybe was scale messed up the weigh in before last. We shall see. I have my last in class driving lesson tomorrow morning - so I might do my weigh in Sunday instead.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #27  
Fat-be-gone

have a great weekend everybody!!

try to be good.....I know I won't
Old 10-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #28  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Well, Rosario, you know what they say: if you can't be good, be good at it.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #29  
Fat-be-gone

lol trust me, I will
Old 10-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #30  

SO IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY boyfriend comes home last week from some thing at work (photoshoot), and tells me he's fat and wants to lose weight. Fast forward a couple days, he wants to go grocery shopping for TONS of food because he says we need to eat at home. So we buy him the bread he loves, cheese, sandwich meat, and some lettuce he likes to make salads. (spent 180 dollars on food for one week) And now? the cheese is moldy, sandwich meat went bad, and the bread is fine but only because I put it in the freezer. He's now eating his second meal out for the day, he wouldn't cook my dinner for me the other night, and instead dragged me for a 45 min car ride to get Taco Bell. Tell me, how am I supposed to be successful in this kind of environment?!? We live off a diet of pure fast food or take out. The only time I eat good is when he's not around, like tonight when he was at work and I made myself a salad. I'm just really frustrated, we spend SO much money on eating out and I'm getting sicker by the damn day. I set out to do good everyday, but I HATE cooking, so I know I rely on him a lot for help with that. Oh, and I told him I had to go for a run tomorrow after we were off work, his reply? "I hurt my back today at work" I guess that means I'm not going because it's too dark for me to go alone, it's not exactly safe to run after dark alone. I just don't GET him.

Thats my rant.

-Aimee

Edited to add: the reason I'm ranting is likely because I haven't really been sleeping, I have this crazy sore stomach which wakes me up every 1-2 hours.

Last edited by SwimGirl; 10-21-2006 at 06:11 AM.