Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #16  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
One of my co-workers told me I looked glamorous, like Audrey Hepburn. Me...glamorous...Audrey...three words I never thought would be in the same sentence.

I've received quite a few compliments about my weight loss...but that one was special. Definitely one to press into the mental memory book and pull out every now and then.
Absolutely! That would definitely be in my top five.

My favorite one recently was from a coworker who is a transplant from elsewhere: "You don't seem like you were born and raised here. You seem like you're from somewhere a little more cosmopolitan."
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #17  

Height: 5'9

Oh do I love those compliments!! These are a couple of my favorites so far:
From my friend, Ryan, who I haven't seen since I lost the weight, "Wow! You're hot!"
From a male co-worker, "You're not allowed to look that beautiful in the morning".
From a male co-worker, "God, you're beautiful"
From a male friend, "Damn girl, you get skinnier and skinnier every time I see you!"
When I tell someone that I know NOW that I used to be fat and they refuse to believe me until I show them a picture! LOL
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25
When I tell someone that I know NOW that I used to be fat and they refuse to believe me until I show them a picture! LOL
Yup. I carry my before & after in my purse.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #19  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

The gals at Curves were asking me how much I'd lost the other day and when I told them I'd lost 36 lbs. they were all congratulating me and saying nice things about my appearance. My workout friend Sheila even said I was her 'hero' - I think she meant heroine! but I'll take it! Nobody has ever said that to me before and I've now got an incentive not to let them down by gaining the weight back.

These compliments were well-timed as I was feeling really down that day having gained 4 lbs. of water weight after a trip. The weight came off quickly, thank goodness. In another life, I would have just chucked in the towel and gone on a binge.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #20  
hara hachi bu

I'd just purchased a good-quality pair of pants in a size 18 from a thrift store, but I needed to mend a hem on them. It took me a week or two to get to it, but I finally wore them to work today thinking they fit well.

A coworker asked me, "So, are those on the pile to go to the tailor's?" I said, "What?" and she pointed out that the legs are quite baggy.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #21  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Hubby noticed I have a waist and hipbones today, LOL I hadn't even found these yet.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #22  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Cool

We recently hosted a three year celebration of my service project in my home community. They gathered together the three years of volunteers, plus all of the constant other supporters. I was a volunteer in years 2 & 3.

At the start of Year 2 I was my heaviest & frumpiest ever (265 pounds). So my second year group got to see me now in Year 3 at my current weight of 186 - with a shocking (to them) hot new haircut, good clothes, etc.

I got non-stop compliments for like 6 hours. I don't really remember one more compliment in particular than any of the others, but here are some of their words to describe how I look now: amazing, fantastic, like a new woman, sexy, good, great, hot, healthy & happy

I do remember the best comment though. As part of our presentation / celebration of the past three years, we had a slideshow of photos. One copy was sent to First Year affiliate in advance to create a book for our mentor. She knew me in years 2 and 3, so she wasn't as shocked as some of the others. But when she showed the photos to her boyfriend, she actually had to tell him that it was the same woman (me) in both sets of photos. And he didn't believe her! That comment totally made my day.

All in all, a great day
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #23  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
I caught a man looking down my shirt yesterday while I was putting gas in the gas can to mow the yard. Does this count?LOL
Or when they talk to your boobs lol! I had to tell a guy once, "hey, I'm up here!"
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #24  
hara hachi bu

I love reading all these compliments! Thanks to everyone for posting them.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #25  

Height: 5'9

I JUST got one from one of the drivers here at work!
He said, "Damn girl, do you always look THAT good?!!" I said that I sure hope so! He replied, "You are tha bomb!!" LOL That made my morning!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 196/163/155

Height: 5'10"

Yesterday I was wearing black pants and a black blazer with a crisp white linen shirt... and in the course of conversation a co-worker said, "of course you don't need to watch your weight... you're so tall and slim."

Ha! I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following co-conspirators:

The saleswoman at MaxMara who talked me into buying those amazingly well-tailored black pants (on sale, thank heavens!) and insisted that I have them hemmed long enough to wear with heels.

The three-inch heel sandals I was wearing

The wonderful slimming blazer I found at Marshalls.

And me, for losing 30 pounds since January.
idest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #27  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
I get compliments more often when I wear something form-fitting...
YES! I have certain fitted clothes that, when I wear them, I get people asking me if or telling me that I'm losing weight! I actually would never have considered wearing anything at all clingy, even after losing weight, if it hadn't of been for a co-worker who told me a while back, "You're FINALLY wearing clothes that fit right!" This was after I got "adventurous" and wore a fitted knit shirt and less baggy pants. That comment made me really rethink how clothes are "supposed" to fit !
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #28  
hara hachi bu

Cool Got Another One Today!

See, I had a pile of clothing that sat down in the basement for weeks (probably months), waiting to be ironed. I finally bit the bullet and ironed them all, only to find out that half of them were waaaay too big! The shirts looked like maternity shirts on me and the pants were far too baggy in the legs. I wore them all this week anyway, figuring I'd wash them and donate or sell them on craigslist. Today, I wore one of the few shirts that wasn't way too big.

A female coworker of mine told me she liked my shirt, and said, "It looks good on you! It's one of the few shirts that's not way too baggy on you."

So the corollary to this story is ... try all your clothes on frequently! You never know when the too-small stuff will start fitting, and you never know when the other stuff will be simply too big.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #29  

I loved everyones replies, its so great to hear compliments from others.
I went to work the other day with a pair of shorts on a fitting t-shirt (i am suppose to wear scrubs), and 1 of my clients said to me WOW, I DIDNT RECOGNIZE YOU, ITS A SHAME YOU HAVE TO WEAR THOSE SCRUBS, YOU ARE HIDING A NICE BODY. haha. Made me feel good anyways.
I can honestly also say that I am now a size 6 in pants and shorts (from a tight 14, should have been a 16 before but refused).
Congratulations on everybodies compliments.
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:29 AM   #30  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

My husband pokes my belly periodically and says "Hmm...not so much fluff anymore." That's his version of a compliment. LoL.

I have men come into my store and make comments about how it's time the company got cute young girls to work there. One guy says he only still comes in because I'm the best eye candy in town. I guess a pretty face and a nice smile cover a multitude of sins!

And last, but definitely not least, are non-verbal compliments. The friend who stops short while we're talking, and gets a kind of sly look (or the best, goes pink).

It's taken me a looonggg time to accept that, yes, my face is d*** hawt. Big brown eyes, full red lips and gorgeous cheek bones. I just want to rest of my body to compliment me more often, because the more my body compliments me, the more other people will. I'm such a slut for attention.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote