Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:46 PM   #31  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks for reminding me of that Julie. I wanted to watch it. I know it is so sad that he died. It isnt like we knew him but yet we did. He has a little girl too. I cried when I watched the first show after he died at the end when they showed him watching the kids leave and he said"off you go". It seems so unreal that one day he is fine and the next he is dead.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:33 PM   #32  
Almost There!!!

Aloha Girls,

So sorry I have MIA. My boss was going out of town yesturday and wanted to make sure that everything was in place before she left. I was thinking I would be able to have a break during this time and be able to concentrate on my other bigger projects, but she called me today and asked me to edit this 40 page document and get it ready to be published. Urggghhh!

My halloween was terrible. To make a long story short, I wasn't able to go out. I stayed at my boyfriends shop to wait for my car, which was in pieces to be put back together again. I was really disappointed, I wanted really bad to go to this haunted house.

Sunday was **** also. His brother was in town and we all went out to dinner. They decided to go to Stuart Anderson's, and I didn't want to just sit there, so I had this fried shrimp platter. IT TASTED SOOO GOOD!!! Worst yet, we have all this candy left over from Halloween, it's so damn hard to resist!!! No will power...no will power...

Anyhoo...I haven't been myself these past few days. Just reflecting my career path and stuff. I am counting the days that Kel finishes his coursework so that I can go back to school. It's not that I don't like my job, it's that I know I could do more with myself elsewhere, and it just doesn't seem like I would be able to grow here.

Sorry to rant and rave. Just needed to get my frustrations out. From all the past posts, seems like you ladies are pretty busy.

Angie - Sorry to hear about your daughter. I know what you mean, my mom "kicked my butt" a few times, but if it wasn't for that, I don't think I would as disciplined as I am today.

Noelle - Damn! Wish I were going with you. Love those purses. When I went to Italy, they were a dime a dozen, so I took real advantage of it. Now I strut around with Pradas and Gucci's that I only paid like $10 for. I actually went to the Gucci outlet in Italy and was able to get this leather wallet (last season) for like $20. I love the Tiffany stuff!!!

Julie - I met John Ritter at Starbucks in Maui. I was so sad when I heard about the news. He was so nice, made conversation with me even though he didn't know me. Thanks for the heads up.

Kempy - Wow, busy weekend! Glad you had fun. Ditto on the pictures...want to see what your costume looked like!

Cherie - I hear you on the cravings. It's so hard at work for me, there's chocolate everywhere...and my favorite, chocolate covered macadamia nuts!!! Just try to keep myself busy so I don't think about it!

Well girls, so this was soooo long. Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day.

-Jacks
Old 11-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #33  

I hope this isn't fuzzy. I can't figure out this program on my Dell. I am not certian how to resize it right. This is me and the guy that I am supposed to be.

Last edited by Kempyd; 11-04-2003 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:28 PM   #34  

Old 11-04-2003, 10:29 PM   #35  

I forgot what I named all of these so I will just keep posting them and then I can tell you what they are later.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:34 PM   #36  

This is my sister. Doesn't she look cool?
Old 11-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #37  

This was the guy that I was dressed up to be after he got into his costume. All of those clothes were in his moms closet. Funny huh?
Old 11-04-2003, 10:43 PM   #38  

This is the back of the country club from the golf course.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #39  

This was Joe and his friend trying to get out of the sand. they really didn't have that tough of a time. It just looks really bad.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:16 AM   #40  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Kempy Those pics are hilarious! I think you really captured the essence of your hair dresser--all the way to the glasses even. That is classic! All of you look like you were having a blast. You didn't tell us your hairdresser was Elton John! (heehee). Joe makes a funny Hooters gal too *snicker*. Was Echo pretending to be a black lab? Oh man, that's some funny stuff. Does your sis live in LA too?

Jacks, I haven't been to the square cow in ages. Glad you ate some fried shrimp for me . It's tough having to work with other people and having to SEE all the candy and other stuff around. I know when I worked in a large office I'd mostly hide in my office to keep away from the candy bowl. Hang in there girl.

So did you guys get to watch the John Ritter show you were talking about? I've never seen it, but know it was really taking off. I've been busy filling out kindergarten applications for my son for next year ...didn't have time to watch any TV tonight.

Well, I'm gonna go to bed, have a good night all.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:25 AM   #41  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I love the pics. I didnt even know that was you until I read it. Your sister was quite scary looking. Was she Carrie? EEK!! she did an awesome job with her costume. Also, Your house is beautiful.

Jacks, That is too bad that you missed your Haunted House. The shrimp sounded good though. We can all get back on track. YES we can!!

Noelle, Black Lab(That is too cute)

Well, I went to order tickets for Discovery Cove(me and the kids paying extra to swim with the dolphin) The total came up to 1200.00 WOW! I didnt have that much available on my card and I dont really want to use some of the cash I have saved this summer since I have never been down there before and I dont know what all the hidden costs(tolls,etc) are going to be. I guess I will just save and do it next winter. Darn!

No walk this morning since when I let the dogs out my deck is covered in a nice shiny layer of ice. I dont want to kill myself. I will have to use my elliptical.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #42  

I think Echo was trying to be like her daddy. The things that dog lets us do. The puppy was passed out on the sofa the entire night. I know she was pooped b/c we had the radio going pretty loud and we were going in and out of the back door alot. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that too.

Thanks Angie for the complement on my house. I can't believe it is that cold up there. Our high for today is around 85. I almost wsh I was up there where it is cooler.

I know that I am not supposed to worship the scale but I had a really bad moment with mine this morning. I can't seem to get it to go down. All it wasn't to do is get higher and higher. I must be doing something totally wrong and I havn't figured it out yet. I hate not being able to wear my pants comfortabley. It really is hurting me. This isn't helping my self-esteam. I am just really not feeling good about myself today. I wish I could just go hid in my office all day and not have to put up with anyone but I don't see that happening.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #43  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I know how you feel Kempy. I got on the scales this morning and it said I weigh 150.5 pounds. YIKES! I was down to 141 for a day or two. We can do this because we have done it before and I am sure we will need to do it again in the future but we cant give up.

If it helps any, I think you look great. So at least you can know that people just seeing you cant tell that you struggle with your weight. That being said, I understand totally about the jeans. I took mine off last night and had the reddest mark all around my waist. I figured I should wear them all day so I dont forget why I am trying so hard not to eat and it did work. I was grocery shopping and drooling over the WOW Doritos(good but not when I HAVE to eat the whole bag.) and I felt how tight my jeans were and it actually made me think twice about throwing them in the cart. I took a bag of strawberries out of the freezer and put a couple packets of Splenda in it and thrwe some grapes in the juice and had that for my snack last night. It was good but I am definately a chocoholic.

I know how depressing it is when we stop and think that we will have to struggle like this for ever if we want to keep the weight off. That sucks. I hope it does get easier with time but at least it is comforting to know that I have great friends here who understand me.

I have to go exercise but I will check back later.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #44  

I had a hard time getting my wedding ring on. That really made me feel bad. I remember not to long ago it was to loose. Good thing I didn't get it sized down. When I lost weight at the beging of the year I was eating whatever I wanted but in the correct portion size. I guess I need to start that but I don't want to have to write everything down. It takes up to much of my time and I start to obsess about it. I am not going to throw away perfectly good food when all I have to do is watch my portions. Since I will be starting school we will be losing about $600 a month with me not working so much so food is going to be on item that we have to live sparingly with. Maybe I will drop some pounds once i start school. I can only hope so.

Thanks for listening and responding Angie. I am glad I have you guys too.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default It's WEDNESDAY... finally...

These past two days at work have been unreal. I have stayed so busy, trying to get payrolls out. Yesterday.. I woke up and it was in the 70's so I dressed the girls in short sleeved shirts and shorts, by 10 AM it was down in the 50's, so at lunch time I had to run home, find warm clothes and take them to daycare. Hannah was wanting me to stay there with her.. and go to kindergarten with her, but I couldn't. I have to get back and finish my payroll.

Last night we had cake, the best dark chocolate fudge cake with chocolate almond frosting! It was sooooo moist... and I did have a couple of cookies. Sigh... However, all was not lost, I ran 5.5 miles too. So, even though I'm not completely on track, I am still not gaining... just not losing either.

Kempy... those pictures were GREAT!!!! OMG.. looks like you had a blast... and I will second Angie's compliment... beautiful House!!!

Angie.. wowza.. that is alot of money!! Why do things have to be soooo damn expensive???? Geeze.... I am sure you will have a great time on your trip regardless.

Noelle.. you leave soon too don't you? Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!!!

Julie.. I tried watching part of that special last night, but just couldn't. If felt so forced, he will surely be missed. I don't see that show continuing on without him.

Jacks hey girl.... why does halloween and chocolate have to be our enemy???? hahaha.. I wish I could just walk away from it like I do, uh. RAISINS hahaha... that would be NICE.

OK.. back to work here... I hope you all have a great day.. I will check back in later!

Hugs,
Cherie
Closed Thread