Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 06:10 AM   #31  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Default Re: Hi Ladies

Quote:
Originally posted by LeanneM83

I am curious about the Atkins diet....anyone care to tell me about it??
Hi Leanne,
Take a look on their web site, it's great www.atkins.com

SB - Don't worry about TOM weight you know you'll loose it next week, it'll be my turn next, we all seem to be pretty much together on this on!! lol Our cycles have all aligned!!! wooooh spooky!! lol

Spalshes - great your feeling better and don't worry about how far you are to your goal weight.......you exercise enough for all of us put together!!! lol....I wouldn't be suprised if you walked right out of those jeans one day!!!
As for Shelly??? Is she active on other boards? I don't tend to go much further than this thread nowadays!!

Have a friend round for lunch today. I've made a brocolli & stilton soup it smells delish!!
Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

TF what is Stilton? I love broccoli but I'm out of neat ways to cook it. lately I've just been eating it raw with ranch dressing.

Leanne - I was on Atkins for about 3 months and I felt great. I had a lot of PMS before going on it and I'm hypoglicemic and had no trouble with either problem..also EVERYONE around me was sick with something and I never got it - so I really think it boosted my immune system too. This time around I chose the south beach diet because the one thing I worried about on atkins was that I felt like I should be eating more fruits that I was allowed. I ate tons of fish and veggies and chicken but I missed the fruit and yogurt too. South Beach allowed me both of those things - the weight loss is a little slower but I feel like I can really live on this program. I think what works is finding the pogram that really fits your life and needs. My roomates can't stand the south beach program! Boy friend and I have both been on it for 4 months and love it.

Oh, my grandfather is doing better. They found that there was little increased damage to his heart and they feel that he will do well having a pace maker installed. They do still feel like his next heart attack will be his last but they are saying that if he doesn't overwork himself that should be a good ways away. He's well enough to gripe about hospital food. I'm feeling much better about it now.

I was shocked to see how much an effect stress, anxiety and fear play on your body - I read about it and thought I knew but last night was Ti Chi night in class - we do tons of stretches and exercises and I felt arthitic!!! I'm very bendy - lots of yoga - but last night I couldn't touch my toes! I was sore and tight all over. The only reason I can come by is stress. I was surprised...today I am closer to normal - more flexible and less pain.

Well, I've rambled enough now - back to learning hip muscles....exam tonight. Because the world would end if I had a week without and anatomy exam!!

hope you guys are having a great week!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:24 PM   #33  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Little Grasshopper...Stilton is an english blue veined cheese...don't know if you have anything similar over there. It works really well with stilton. My lunch date with a friend went very well - the soup was a real hit! If you like brocolli, try steaming small florets and serving with grilled salmon and a hollindaise (sp?) sauce (butter, oil, mustard garlic, egg yolk) Very Scrummy!!!

Glad to hear your grampy is feeling better, don't let yourself get too stressed, i know it's difficult but he will need you to be strong for him...keep those yoga stress busting excercising going!!!

How did the exams go?? as if you need anymore stress!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #34  
Made my Goal weight!

Wink Sounds confusing

I have to admit almost every diet sounds somewhat confusing at first eh?? I am looking for a "diet" that I can use to keep me on track once I hit my goal weight....my diet now is SO strict that there is NO way I can stay on it longer than necessary, the good thing about this diet is, it shows me I dont have to be constantly be eating, and if I portion things properly and have a well balanced meal, I will keep the weight off...I am thinking of joining weight watchers AFTER I reach my goal weight, so that I have a constant reminder of my weight, because as we all know an extra 5 pounds is okay now and then, but then we get comfortable and 5 turns into 10 then 15, next thing we know..BOOM, 20+ pounds back on....I can't speak for everyone, but I am SO a victim of this....I think that is why I am so dependant on my scale...I know people say "you cant go by the scale, it is how you feel..." and I totally believe that, BUT the scale is like a "reality check" when your jeans are feeling "just a little SNUG".....am I crazy??
Hope everyone had a good day
Little G.H- Glad to hear your grampa is better...
Talk to you all soon

Leanne
Old 11-13-2003, 07:38 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Morning Ladies!

Grassiehopper, glad Grampy is doing better...he must be if he's already griping about the hospital food. A pace maker sounds like just thing to help him. My friend's father had a pace maker put in 10 years ago at the age of 67 and he's still going strong! As for the stress affecting your body...when I get stressed out all my tension goes into my jaw and my shoulders...and I hurt so bad that my teeth ache! Keep up with the stretching and the yoga and such...one of these days I'm going to try yoga...I love Rodney Yee...He's so hot in them little black shorts!lol

Tulip Fairy,,I LOVE stilton Cheese...never heard of Broccoli and Stilton soup...but it sounds Yummy! Or should I say Scrummy? I love that word!lol Glad your lunch went well. I love doing lunch with my friends, it's kind of a nice bonding thing. Totally different than a nite time get together.

LeAnn, The Atkins is strict at first. But then it evens out and lets you add more carbs. I avoid bread like the plague unless I am going out for dinner and then I'll have it as a treat like in Bruschetta bread or something like that. ANd yes the scale is a reality check...it's like you put on your jeans and think "Gees, these feel tighter than usual." so you go to the scale and hop on...and REALITY CHECK...yes you've gained a few lbs! But the trick is...find out WHY you gained the weight back. Is it because it's ToM time? Or maybe you pigged out on too many carbs? Be an Investigator and go thru the last few days and think about why we gained the extra water or whatever. Usually you can see where you fell off the wagon!lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #36  

Hi guys. Grandad is still doing okay. I think they are going to put in the pace maker. Havent' been able to reach family today though. They must be moving him around a lot today - no one is in the unit he's in and no cell phones are working. Not too worried though - someone would have called if it were anything bad going on.

Leanne, you're right, they're all confusing at first. And Hotsplashes is right too - finding out WHY you gained weight is key to making sure we don't keep gaining!

My eating has been terrible this week but I want to thank you guys yet again. I'm learning every day that this isn't an all or nothing life - I can have a bad week and jump right back on the wagon the next week - I haven't failed at anything - just took a break for mental health I'm feeling much better now. Back to my yoga - never stopped it just hurt like all heck for a couple of days! I'm feeling like me again.

I have a personal question for you guys....are any of you taking physilium husks (metimucil has them in it) The reason I ask is that something is making me feel very bloated and gassie. (sorry) and that is the only thing I can think of that's different.

I'm a massage student - beign gassie is NOT cool!! haha!! Any advice is appreciated! How do i get rid of it!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:58 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Grasshopper, syllium husks are a strong form of fiber...fiber can make you gassie. Syllium can make you VERY gassie. Cut down on the dosage and you might find a difference!

Leanne, have you gone to check out the local chapter of WW way up there in the great white north?

Southern Butterfly where are you???lol

I started my xmas shopping. Bought myself the cutest little...cookie or candy jar...it's small so I don't know if it's for small cookies or big candies!lol It's shaped like an xmas tree ornament and it's painted with xmas trees out in the snow. It matches these plates I bought last xmas with snowmen on them. It was regular 29.99 and I got it at a close out sale for 9.99....I LOVE sales!lol

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! See everyone tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:25 AM   #38  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi everyone!

I'm having a great weekend.....friday we came in and totally cleaned the house from top to bottom, even the kids helped, (a good all round workout! Then had a chinese take-away, they all had the usual stuff but i just had aromatic duck, which wasn't too far off my usual plan!
Saturday...it was so nice waking up knowing there was no housework to be done!! I was so pleased that i got up and went to the supermarket before 6am!!! CRAZY My fridge is now stocked for another week with healthy stuff to keep me (& hubby) on our plan! Last night we went out to a friends house for dinner (sans kids!! )
Wild Mushroom soup
Tomato & Mozzarella salad
chicken breast with brie wrapped in bacon ,
veggies, sweet potato, carrots & peas (not exactly atkins freindly but hey-ho)
Trifle or apricot & raspberry pavlova ( I had a small helping of trifle)
A pretty healthy menu as eating out goes

And now it's sunday the kids are still at thier grandparents, me and hubby had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast (v. scrummy!) then later a very relaxing lunch, i've baked the kids lunch box goodies!!
and now for the best bit...................I'm 1lb off my pre-christmas goal!!!!!!!

Sorry to go on, but i'm sooooooo chuffed with myself!! and now hubby has gone and lost 7lbs as well so it's just FANTASTIC!!
I am now moving on to phase two of atkins (OWL)

Leanne - I know what you mean about trying to keep the weight off...i don't want to drop my guard and find the pounds creeping back on!!! THis is why i intend to keep on rambling on to you lot, it keeps me on track..........so thanks guys for being there for me

GH- your right - a massage student with gas isn't too cool
haven't got any advice tho - sorry - haven't heard of physilium!!

Well i've bent your ears enough for one weekend.......until tomorrow

Last edited by Tulip-Fairy; 11-16-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:28 PM   #39  
Made my Goal weight!

Wink COLD COLD COLD

HI LAdies

Yes, HOTSPLASHES, there is a WW here in the "great white North", it is on Wed nights....that is probably the one I will go to, but I am only going to join WW when I reach 150lbs...

I am glad to see, I am not the only one who feels confused and overwhelmed with "dieting"...I know that I have to stop this CYCLE and end it here and now....I have to make this the LAST time I LOSE weight.....(of course if I get pregnant again I will have to lose the weight, but I WONT let it get out of control again)

Today I did something good...I DID NOT weigh myself....I thought it would be fairly easy, but let me tell you it has been driving me nuts all DAY...but I figure when I step on the scale tomorrow it will be that much more worth it, right? This is my 1st step towards winning my battle with the scale, and it is killing me so far.... woo, enough from me....

Have a great day everyone.....Monday is coming up...lets all make this week a GREAT one!

Leanne
CW 165.6
GW 150
Old 01-09-2004, 05:48 AM   #40  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Is this thread still going........where is everyone???

Me and my scales are loney with no one to talk to!!

Please come back soon!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #41  

Default Newbie?

Hi everyone... I just joined the forums and I'm pretty addicted to my scale, too (though I think it's only because I think it and the tape measure are in some sort of conspiracy together).

Can I join the gang?
Old 01-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #42  

We'd love to have you - you'd be in really good company! We have a Scale Addicts #4 running but I'm having computer trouble and can't seem to get to it today. If you see it jump on in!

LG
Old 01-22-2004, 07:49 AM   #43  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya peach-linen, like LG says were on a SA#4 thread now, come in and join us - the more the merrier!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:03 AM   #44  

Going Back to school this year 45 and two already in school. Had some real weight issues though since 40 and the lack of confidence that goes with that. South Beach diet for two weeks now but have lost NOTHING ,ZERO ,ZILCH is this normal?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:30 AM   #45  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi grtface... not sure if you've posted here by mistake or if your intending to joining our little gang? Your more than welcome to join in but were now on Scales Addict #4 board...come and join us...like i said to peach-linen...the more the merrier.
Hope to see you there!
Closed Thread