Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #241  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up 2.4lbs 168.4, stress? a factor, 2 slices of pizza? doubt it, mother nature not working? could be, sodium? very possible. I will see if it goes down over the next few days. Have not been sleeping well lately so that may play into it too.

waving to flower, welcom Karen

Back later

Last edited by nancylmrn; 12-21-2017 at 11:57 AM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #242  

S/C/G: Goal to lose 30 pounds by May

Hi Nancy. You and I are nearly the same weight. I'm right around 173. I refuse to actually weigh because I get discouraged seeing the numbers. I'll weight when my pants fit better. I'll be encouraged when I start seeing the 160 numbers again.

I'm finished with holiday foods. All my family gatherings are finished so I shouldn't have any problems sticking with a reasonable plan of around 1300 calories each day (or less)....cheering for a few days of less.

And hello to the other person who said hello to me. I'm afraid if I go back a page to see your name that I will lose this post.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #243  

welcome back Karen! I did 2 miles leslie sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran an errand during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run a couple more errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #244  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Karen what plan(s) are you following? It is great to have one close to my weight.....I have been a bit frustrated as I have gained about 8lbs in the past few months and scratching my head as to how? I look forward to learning more about you.

So far today I have taken a few power walks around the compound where I work. It is cold outside!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #245  

good evening! just got back from a brief power walk and running two quick errands. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good evening 210.4 down but not the lowest.
Ever feel like you are running and you tripped and you are trying to get your balance? Yep

Bummed. Returning my Vivoactive 3 due to chronic sync issues. It really has some good metrics to help with fitness goals. Not sure what I will do. Back to wearing my ancient fitbit charge HR..of course I can't read it very well in the sunlight and it is very limited in what it can do but it functions.

Yesterday I ate 1056 calories and today is planned for 1235 calories.

Will try to catch up tomorrow am - Hi to everyone I don't know!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #247  

will try to go to bed early tonight. tomorrow is going to be a busy day at work! it's the Friday before Christmas!
Old 12-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #248  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Getting back on the boards to be accountable with daily food diary entry. I need to lose 30 pounds and if I can be good I hope to get it off by spring. Looking for support.
Hi and welcome back!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #249  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We have a lot of stuff to get done before we go out of town. I am back at work and trying to play catch up. I will try to workout too. But I wanted to post about my Endo apt. today. She wants my TSH (I think that's the one ) 2 or under and it's at 8. So, she is upping the Synthroid.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 PM   #250  

S/C/G: Goal to lose 30 pounds by May

Ok first day. I need to do better. Finishing at about 1500 calories but need to get it down to 1300 each day.

Right now I'm just doing calorie counting for my plan. I eat pretty good foods as long as I leave the cookies and crackers alone.

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #251  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I just finished up my workout. I came back to the shop to try to play catch up. We will be going out of town next week and I have to get everything done this week.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 grilled chicken breasts, 2 orders steamed veggies, no seasoning, no butter, etc 700 calories or less

Exercise:
JS Pyramid Power Walk
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #252  

Diana, hope upping your synthroid microgram strength helps. I'm on synthroid, too-50 mcg.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:29 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 209.0 new low. I imagine that much of a drop means a new bounce is coming.

Yesterday ate 1256 calories. Today I am going to focus on eating healthy and within my plan and going back to making sure I meet nutritional goals with Cronometer and not trying to keep calories lower. I have been drifting some though not so much and have NOT been eating sugar and flour.

Erin (DD) got back the actual blood testing and WOW. Both CMV and Epstein Barr infections - the EB (Mono) is resovling with lower IgM but the CMV IgM is still high which shows active infection. I am going to ask if she should consult her doctor for an antiviral. I have a friend whose son is having to do that. The CMV explains a transient face rash she experienced. Her liver values and most of her other blood values are back to normal though. The liver values had me scared.

I am struggling with being cold all the time. My RHR has dropped to 57 but I almost think it is metabolism, not cardiovascular fitness, though I am thinking of starting some HIIT today My thyroid values are solidly mid range but I figure if I am cold I am not burning calories as well and the body is probably fighting to keep them....Ok...upping fat. Funny thing is logger shows heart rate higher (around 65ish) when I am sleeping but when I am sleeping I am under piles of blankets and am warm...that is why I think the low RHR may be more along the lines of metabolism. There are also some issues with T4 /T3 conversion that won't show up on the standard thyroid test.

Years ago I was given a T3 supplement (proloid) that was at a very low level (below that of the feedback mechanism) and the weight flew off. That doctor died, the medicine was discontinued and the slow steady weight gain began. BUT I remember that what he did not do was check on my really bad nutrition. Since T3 is the more active form, it is frustrating more doctors don't include it in the analysis. Vitamin A Selenium, copper and iodine are all necessary for that conversion.

Diana - I imagine the synthroid increase will help with everything.

Nancy - I know BP meds can take a few weeks to get stable in your system. I hope everything sorts out soon. Glad some folks are here who follow your kind of diet. I learned that pizza usually has a TON of sodium.

Savgetsfit and Flower - Hi!

Still Karen - Have you checked out Cronometer? - it is an amazing calorie counting app with all kinds of nutritional info. I like it better than MFP.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-22-2017 at 05:51 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:39 AM   #254  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Diana!

GrannyNancy: You are killing the weight loss! Wow!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote