Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 PM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

topsy81
HI and welcome to the check-in. Sounds like a great plan.

Chunkahlunkah I wouldn't join if it's inconvenient. I forgot, which workouts were you doing and they bothered your knee? Maybe we can figure out other workouts that will be better for you.

nancylmrn Have you talked with the new employer about the jury duty? Good luck with it all.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/smoked chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits, Hi-Lo, upper body, lower body w/12's
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #197  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 179.2
Down: .2

Have a great weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 24

Phillipians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Promises. Every diet made promises, and they very rarely came through. Jenny had tried a dozen diets, each time putting her faith in their promises. Quietly, with tears in her eyes, she prayed for God's help. She wanted to lose weight so badly. As she prayed, she felt calm and hopeful. If only she could feel so peaceful when temptation raised its ugly head. Jenny vowed to try turning to God for help in the future instead of turning to more fad diets. Maybe God could do things for her that diet plans couldn't. She didn't really understand it, but she believed it was true.

Today's thought: If I turn to God, there's always hope!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #198  

Height: 158 cms

So today was a bit of an off day!!

I didn't exercise last night cause by the time I got home from work, I was so sore from the exercise on Thursday night that it killed every time I moved.

We had pizza for dinner last. Although mine got a little burnt.

This morning we both woke up with extremely bad headaches. So we took it easy today - no exercuse afain!! It has taken most of the day to get rid of it, even with Panadol.

Didn't have breakfast.
Lunch consisted of homemade cooked chips, bread and left over pork from during the week.
I didn't have dinner. I nibbled this afternoon on Cadbury peppermint chocolate and a small glass filled with double chocolate mousse dessert that I bought from Aldi

Still under my calories, so that's a good thing. And hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me
apanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Thanks for the welcome

Had a busy day went to my cousin BBQ ( BUT didnt eat burgers or sausages Just peanuts!) AM going to walk lots tomorrow as we are taking my little boy to dino park

Day 2 22. 5

Bagel 235

Banana 89

Peanut butter 20g 129

300 mls milk in coffee 35

500 mls squash 20

peanuts ???500

apple 100g 52 cals

fish fingers 244

Crisps x 2 218

Yog 164

Fruit bar 55

1724/2000

Last edited by topsy81; 06-24-2017 at 06:50 PM.
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #200  

Well, I was feeling funny joining this thread in the middle of the month since I can't read through what everyone has written, but I read a batch and decided to post anyway.

I was inspired Topsy went to a BBQ and only ate peanuts. Hope I can do that if I need to at a social function sometime. It is easy to mess up ones diet.

And I see Diana keeps working and working!

I did pretty well two weekends ago. I have had 3 weeks with 2 days each week working from home, which I love, and I've been having an easier time eating well those days. My weight has been up and down- down as much as 4lbs from where I started- but at the moment only down 2 lbs from when I started. I haven't managed to track calories every day, which I kind of need to to loose. On the days I tracked, I had about 1300 to 1550 calories/day, usually the higher end. So I'm hoping I can get back on track this weekend and two days working at home. So far, I've only had 400 cal today and it's almost dinner time.

I need to plan out some meals and go grocery shopping. I'm trying to think of something a little different than my usual routine to keep me motivated. I think I'll cook a chicken in my crockpot on Monday (something I don't take the trouble to do often, so that'll help). And I'm going to try to chop up some watermelon- I was inspired by someone's post about how economical it is, plus it's supposed to be lower than some fruits in pesticide so I won't worry about paying for organic.

Okay, just went in the kitchen to see what I have and got inspired to saute some zucchini and cut up a grapefruit, and eat half. And I think I'll bake some tofu later. I have about 11 servings of crushed tomatoes I need to use. I wonder if I'll find time/motivation to make some kind of soup later this week.
myst321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

After a miserable week of sickness I am back. Who knew a little thing like swimmers ear could have turned into such a fiasco? I'm finally feeling better, but I just chucked calorie counting and exercise out the window while I was down and out. Now I feel like I've lost my mojo. It takes so much willpower and determination! However, today I sat outside in my bathing suit, and I felt awesome - okay I know what my real deal is, but compared to 50 lbs ago I'm a total hotty.

I'm sticking to the plan, though I had a little extra at dinner. I whined my way through a 45 min peloton class this morning.

Nancy - congrats on the job! So happy for you!! 5:15 will take some adjusting to, but where there's a will there's a way!

Welcome all the newbies!

Diana - always great to read your posts.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #202  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all....waving...hello to our new chickies!

Today was a retail therapy day with my sister. I scored with a new pair of jeans (clearance) and black and white cap sleeved top (clearance) and a $10.00 coupon off if you spend $10.00 so total purchase $16.00!

No formal exercise today but have hit the 10,000 step mark. It is really hot here today, up in the 90's and you know I have this old old car (19 years and just shy of 300,000 miles) so the a/c does not work. Maybe once I get going on this new job I will start to look for a newer car. But you got to love a Camry.

Tomorrow DH and I will go on another long walk/hike early in the am since it is suppose to be in the upper 90's tomorrow.

WI this am up 2.5, had thai food yesterday for dinner and a small spoonful of rice so think it is just sodium
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Apanda I hope you are feeling better. Good job staying under your calories.

Topsy
Good job on your day.

Myst Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Msgooch I hope you continue to feel better. You will be in the swing of things after a couple days back on plan.

nancylmrn Yay for the great deals!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-24-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #204  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1550 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (420 calories)
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken 340 calories
sliced apple 80 calories

Dinner (870 calories)
Baby back ribs 500 calories
steamed squash 100 calories
Edward's single pie slice Hershey's S'mores Crème Pie 270 calories

Exercise
1 hour in the pool awesome!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #205  
Work in Progress

** yes Diana I did let my new boss know about the Jury Duty, their stance was well better go since it was too late really for letter from employer...sheesh the thought of possibility of being gone for week after less than a month of employment
Old 06-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #206  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 178.6
Down: .6

Have a great day!

I love today's devotion

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 25

Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Carol went to a Christian prayer group with some skepticism. Gladys and Ann had started going, and they had immediately made great strides in their diets. Both women gave all the credit to God, but Carol wasn't convinced. She thought it sounded way too easy. Why would God do something for her that she ought to be able to do for herself? Carol wanted to believe, but she just couldn't quite believe that God would be interested enough in her weight problem to help her out. Too bad for Carol that she never realized how trustworthy the Lord is. If we put our faith in Him, He will be sure to help us.

Today's thought: No matter is too insignificant to bring to God!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #207  
Work in Progress

Good afternoon and waving to all

Well DH and I took our long hike/walk this am before it got too hot but boy I can tell my heel is not healed by the end of the 5 miles I was hurting.

WI up 2lb this am, I am thinking it is more of a sodium thing than an actual gain since I had stayed pretty close to 160 all week then to jump to 163 over night.

With my new Job starting tomorrow I am also going to re-commit myself to my low carb eating. Looking back at my logs I have been doing that little nibble here little nibble there and I think it is effecting this no loss stuff

I have made up a large batch of veggie stir fry to eat this week which is good, and I have salad stuff I can bring also.

Ok I am off in search of another fan for in the house it is hotter than heck around here
Old 06-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #208  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hello, chicks!

Welcome to the thread, myst!

Diana - Ah, that's so kind of you to check over my exercise. I've been using an old Leslie Sansone WATP dvd. Occasionally I do one of my more challenging dvd's (Beachbody and Jillian Michaels), but nowadays I can only last 10 min with those! WATP is v low impact, but your question made me realize I should probably start wearing shoes. I'd say 90% of the time, I work out barefoot and always have when doing my dvd's. Maybe with this extra weight I'm carrying, I need the stability of shoes to keep me from leaning all wrong. Seems so obvious now, but I didn't realize that's probably the problem until you asked your question, so thank you!

I've been doing 25 squats every morning and some additional light exercise. I'm definitely going to keep that up. I actually like squats.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #209  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone...oldies and newbies!

Just a quick check in. This was a difficult week and I'm not sure why. I stayed OP, but I feel out of sorts. Must be the thorns and thistles Charles Stanley was talking about.

I read through the posts but my battery is trying to die, so hats off to ALL of you for keeping on keeping on!

Nancy: FANTASTIC on the job! Jury Duty...not so much! Hope your Achilles eases up soon!

Msgooch: I'm glad you are feeling better! Ease back in slowly!

Hugs and blessings to you all!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 06-25-2017 at 08:00 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #210  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Diana sorry it took me so long to answer. I buy the Kodiak pancake mix by the box. I use it for baking, but this morning I made pancakes. They were yummy. Those are the products.

Hope everyone is doing well
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote