Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)

Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
3 sections from 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Fat Burner
30 minute outdoor walk w/friend

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #77  

Hi everyone

It is nice to read all of your news, as always!

Msgooch, congrats on the loss and the workouts and the hot tub sounds mighty nice, did you go in it yet?

Nancy, how is the job hunting going? I know that you were unhappy at the other place and I wish you a new and wonderful new chapter!

We are moving, as you may know, and I really look at it as a new chapter in our lives! Well, I wont talk more about a move right now, it has been soo stressful! It will happen when it happens but in the interim, man oh man are we working up both places! I try and stay positive.

Lurchmomma, it's great to see you as always too! Sounds like your cooking up some nice menu's there

Chunka, absolutely! Going down is a good thing and so is staying steady, your doing great, I hope to get to chat more in the future, keep up the good work

keli, it is always a pleasure to see you. I hope that your meeting and WI goes well and first and foremost.........enjoy life and your family! WTG!

I don't know what more to say my friends. I am really busy with stuff but hanging tough! I know one thing, I cannot wait until one day when we are all settled from these projects and can take a vaca, lol! In fact, even a day off together for fun is out of our reach right now and has been for month but there is this sense of accomplishment at seeing things move forward and that is a good thing. Thanks for being here, I need to get my butt in gear ladies and will be working on it! I will keep you posted! Keep up the faboulous work. Miss you as always..........
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm back. I am, sadly, losing the battle to sugar and carbs. My calorie counts have been over (and not by a little) the last 3 days; I haven't gained any weight back, but I know it's coming. I'm working on quitting refined carbs, and I'm almost done packing for this trip (the main source of the stress). I'm frustrated because I have incredible self-control in every area of my life except this one. I'm kind of dreading the vacation now because my extended family doesn't eat great, and it's going to be carbs in wrappers everywhere all of next week. Anyone have any strategies for staying away from refined carbs while on the go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Checking in before checking out...

ForTheLose: how does the treadmill desk work? Does it interfere with your concentration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgooch View Post
Good morning!

FortheLose - 4 lbs is awesome! Congrats! I also want to hear about the treadmill desk, can you type on your computer while you're walking?
I learned about treadmill desks from other writers, actually! There are some very fancy and pricey ones out there, but I rigged my own by strapping a board across the arm rests of one that I picked up for free. I'm cheap that way. I used to rest my laptop on the board and type while I walked, but my husband gave me a better setup this week by mounting a monitor to the wall for better ergonomics. It was hard to concentrate when I started. I had to go very slow. Now I can walk at a pretty good pace and keep up my writing at the same time.
ForTheLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

weekend - we moved last year this time, and still own the other house. Thankfully we got a family who wanted it for 3 years. You sound stressed, I hope you can take some time and deep breaths and find some joy where you can.
forthelose - traveling is really hard for me. My goal when I'm away is not to lose, but not to gain too much. I try and eat mindfully. Salads with protein is always good. For breakfast try to stick to eggs, bacon/sausage, yogurt, fruit. Somehow I always come back weighing more. Is it possible to try and take a walk everyday?

I'm back to 178.6 so I made my goal for this week, but weigh in isn't until Monday. I want 10 lbs in 4 weeks so I'm really pushing it. It's not a lot of poundage, but my waist is already down an inch as well. These workouts seem to be working for me. I woke up this morning and thought - yahoo! 1 workout today and I'm off for the weekend! My body could use the rest. Today my abs are sore from yesterday's weights.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Nothing for last night - angioedema pain
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Yesterday afternoon I noticed the stomach pain from the angioedema was starting. I started with the medicine for that but it really doesn't seem to help. I told my friend about it and she said that she noticed last weekend that she noticed swelling and changes in my mouth/face. When I get the stomach pain, it is the most excruciating pain that I have ever felt. I am completely doubled over, in the fetal position. I already have an angioedema diagnosis. I probably need to pursue more testing. I did some research and it seems like there is a treatment for when the stomach pain starts. It does seem like it happens around TTOM or stress times. My TTOM stopped exactly 1 week ago.

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 179.8
Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 9

Hebrews 6:11-12
And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Dr. Davidson always had a policy with his patients who tried to lose weight. If he wanted them to lose twenty pounds, he told them they were to lose thirty. If they were to lose fifty pounds, he told them seventy-five. He knew that people would set their minds toward their goal, but that most of them would tire along the way. To counteract that, he always set a goal that was beyond what was actually necessary. Though people did indeed tire before they reached the goal Dr. Davidson set, they did not give up before they reached the point they really needed to attain. Sustaining our energy for a diet is hard, but with the hand of God guiding us, we can make it.

Today's thought: The only thing I will give up is weight!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-09-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:52 AM   #81  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!
Completed my workout this morning so this makes day five of week 3 out of 8 done. When I think back this really makes 11 weeks in a row for me! I think I am proud of that Of course I still have not lost any weight since Feb. I only hope I am toning things up.

As for the job search nothing new on that front, I check various job boards every day and send my resume off but it is like a great big vacuum you really don't know if anyone has even looked at your skills or you get an auto response saying we received your resume and if after review we feel you will be a good candidate for an interview someone will call you ......

oh well I can look at this as another form of vacation? But I knew this might happen when I quit.

Enough of that depressing stuff. On to the positive! I am going to change locations on how I apply for jobs. I am going to take my laptop to a starbucks LOL for a change of pace.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #82  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Do you have any projects that you have been needing to get done? How about volunteering in an area where you would like to work? Maybe it could get you in the door quicker.

msgooch Great job making your goal.

ForTheLose Welcome back.

Weekend Boater Hi

Waving Hi all around!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Total Body Time Saver from Jessica Smith's Metabolism Booster w/10's
Old 06-10-2017, 01:41 AM   #84  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

Diana, are you ok? What causes your angioedema? Are you allergic to something?
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday morning!

Diana - hope you're feeling okay!
nancy - 11 weeks is a great accomplishment! And remember, it just takes one offer to be back at work. Honestly, a lot of my hiring is done through people I know who know someone, so be sure everyone you know or are in contact with know that you're looking for a job.

This week of 3 days hiit, 2 days resistance training has melted the fat. I weighed in today at 177.2 I lost 4 lbs this week. And I'm eating! The trainer guy told me it was the best fat melter and he wasn't kidding. I have 6 pounds to go over the next 3 weeks and I know now I'll make it. I take the weekends off of exercise so I'm looking forward to some rest and healing of my sore muscles!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

LurchMomma No allergy. It just happens. I tested positive to an antibody (can't remember the name) that causes the angioedema. This thing showed up after my Dad passed away. On occasion it will end up in my stomach and cause horrific pain. It seems to rear its ugly head around times of stress or hormonal fluctuations. The problem is that the stomach meds don't seem to help. I did some googling yesterday morning and it seems like there are some new meds for this. I am not familiar with them. They are self administered infusions. I read that they could provide relief in less than an hour. That would be such a blessing but they are incredibly expensive. I am more familiar with my symptoms now and I can tell when I am going to have one of those days. I will feel it coming on early afternoon. By evening I am completely doubled over, in the fetal position. By morning it is gone.

msgooch Congrats on the 4 pounds!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 179.6
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 10

1 Peter 1:8
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

When it's all over, we can hardly belive we struggled so much. The reward of losing weight is so great that it wipes out all the bad memories along the way. We experience such a sense of triumph and joy, accomplishment and goodwill. We feel a power from within that helps us believe that anything is possible to us, if we will only have patience, courage, and commitment. God has made us conquerors, and He empowers us to do those things which we set our minds and hearts too. When we live life in hope of glories to come and pursue those glories with everything we have, the Lord will reward us and bless us richly.

Today's thought: I may not see it yet, but a new me is right around the corner!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #87  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Afternoon All!

Diana: So is your pain gone now? What an odd manifestation of angioedema! I'm glad it resolves so quickly!

Nancy: Your laptop at Starbucks sounds delightful! I haven't found that forum yet... there was a section that had fabulous recipes using cream cheese, too. Yesterday, I took a quarter cup of canned pumpkin and mashed in 1/2 tbsp cream cheese, drizzled 1 tsp unsalted butter over the top, sprinkled lightly with pink sea salt, cinnamon and "sin - free sugar"...oh my my my....I can't remember if I came across it on my laptop, phone, or work computer.

Msgooch: WTG! You are going to be in the 160s thread before I get into the 170s! I am getting closer, though. We shall see what tomorrow's weight shows!

ForTheLose: I like your treadmill desk! I've tried to march in place on front of my medcart, but it doesn't work out too well, so I park my cart at the far end of the hallway and leave it there, instead of pushing it room to room. I accumulate a lot of steps that way!

Weekend Boater: We have two places which are 3 hours apart. It's very difficult to maintain both places. My hat is off to you!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #88  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!,
Yesterday eating was close to op but went out and had some adult beverages with a friend. oopsy...not really. Today is a rest day no formal workout, I swear my butt cheeks are still sore from Wednesdays workout.
Tomorrow we are going to a local park that is huge. The last three weekends in a row DH and I have walked the trails the one we choose is called the outer loop and is about 4.5 miles.

Oh my we just came back from our local farm stand and they had snap peas....those are just like candy LOL. Need to check the carb count on them
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #89  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Evening Everyone!

I slept until almost noon today. I couldn't sleep, and was up into the wee hours, but still, I hate to sleep the day away. I made a nice brunch. We had a scramble with a few greens, a bit of onion and minced garlic, topped with grated sharp cheddar cheese, hot sausage patties, a few small slices of tomato, 1/4 avocado, and 1/2 cup of my pumpkin cream cheese concoction. DH wasn't interested in tomatoes, avocado or pumpkin, he had toast with his. We have been eating so many eggs since I started induction that my hens haven't been able to keep up, I had to actually BUY a dozen last night. LOL. I went for a short bike ride, sans helmet, as I've yet to shop for one. The gears were stuck in low and I could barely pedal. I prefer an old fashioned, gearless bike. I've never figured out the gears on any bike, ever. I intend to keep my eye out for a Plane Jane bicycle. Suits me fine.

It is supposed to be really hot and humid tomorrow and Monday. I'm planning to get up and take my mother-in-law to church, and mostly rest. Monday will be here soon enough.

I got on the scale this morning, and depending on where in my bathroom I placed it, it read 179.6 or 180.4. I'm calling it 180, and we will see if it settles reliably into the 179s tomorrow!

I hope everyone is hale and hearty, and Msgooch, I hope to join you in the 170s thread very soon!
Old 06-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

LurchMomma Here's some more info, read the abdomen section: http://www.haea.org/what-is-hae/symptoms/ Ugh! The pain is excruciating.

nancylmrn Enjoy the walk tomorrow. Sounds fun. I can get really sore hamstrings. Makes you walk funny, .

Total Approx 1420 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (160 calories)
vanilla yogurt 110 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

We went to a small get together. Food was limited and not of the healthy type. I ate light a lunch to help out since I knew what I was facing at dinner. I was able to eat in moderation since I was around a lot of people, although the foods weren't healthy
Dinner (??1000?? calories)

salad w/BHF's ranch
fried chicken leg
2 inch square of mac 'n cheese
4 teriyaki chicken wings
green beans
marshmallow fruit salad thing
tea

Exercise
20 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes elliptical/stepper thingy, swim

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-10-2017 at 10:50 PM.