Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/172/135

Height: 5'7"

Cool First 5 lbs down!

Lovely ladies, I am so freaking excited right now I could explode!

I joined this forum 8 days ago and am just now starting my weight-loss journey. I don't know if it is just a natural weight fluctuation or if I am actually making good progress but I weighed in this morning at 171.9 lbs! I started at 177, so I am over the moon.

I have been cutting 500-600 calories/day, limiting my sugar intake, and logging all of my food in the "my fitness pal" app. I've also been trying to increase my physical activity, mostly by walking and doing some light yoga/stretching before bed. Nothing crazy, nothing drastic, just trying to make better food choices and moving a bit more. I feel about the same physically and I haven't noticed any difference, but I'm feeling really positive and I hope I can keep up this momentum!

Let's keep up the good work, ladies!
MISSxCINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Amazing job, congratulations!!! Nothing beats losing these first few pounds very fast I wish you all the luck in the world for your further progress.

However, please don't be discouraged if your weightloss slows down a bit (or even more than a bit) later on. When you put your body in calories deficit, it first starts to use its'sugar reserves to create the necessary energy. Sugar in the body is bound with water, so when you burn your sugar reserves, the water comes off too, often making the first pounds come off incredibly fast. However, sugar reservers are not all that large in the body, and most extra energy is saved in fat. When you use up your sugar reserves, your bodsy will start burning fat. Fat is not bound with water, so you only lose like one or to pounds a week then. Some weeks, you may lose nothing. Some weeks you may lose more. But keep up the great work and you will see your goal weight very soon
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSxCINA View Post
Lovely ladies, I am so freaking excited right now I could explode!

I joined this forum 8 days ago and am just now starting my weight-loss journey. I don't know if it is just a natural weight fluctuation or if I am actually making good progress but I weighed in this morning at 171.9 lbs! I started at 177, so I am over the moon.

I have been cutting 500-600 calories/day, limiting my sugar intake, and logging all of my food in the "my fitness pal" app. I've also been trying to increase my physical activity, mostly by walking and doing some light yoga/stretching before bed. Nothing crazy, nothing drastic, just trying to make better food choices and moving a bit more. I feel about the same physically and I haven't noticed any difference, but I'm feeling really positive and I hope I can keep up this momentum!

Let's keep up the good work, ladies!
congrats

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:38 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight loss diary