Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up November 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-30-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:28 AM   #2  

Happy Halloween everyone

Diana thank you for starting November thread. As always, thank you for tending to this great garedn of Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change. You always set a tone of humor and much caring, compassion and balance for this thread. And for that I am so grateful.

I have a lot of catching up to do with personals. Will start from most recent.

CoomMom, once again, great job with the calories. Seems you are on a roll.

FYML you continue to be amazing with the high levels of work outs, and low calories

Emily love the costume. You are very pretty ! Re: spinach salad... yum

Diana that cake sounds SO good. Happy birthday (belated) to DH. Great job throwing away the box full of rice. I think that was really smart. Glad you have a few days to recover before going to the fair. How is the Angioedema?

Sundove what is protein lightner with coffee? Sounds interesting. Glad that Whole foods has cut back on their samples. I am grateful they do not have a store here. They tried to open here. But it didnt work out. I do not think anyone was too upset. We want to protect our already existing similar co-op and "health food store"
Re: trying to adjust to lower animal proteins, I am wondering if someone who does applied kinesiology, aka muscle testing could help figure out what foods your body really needs. I want to find someone who does that. The woman I used moved to Hawaii. Being on my own is not pretty considering my propensity to go off the rails after a long time of not working with someone re: foods that work best for me.

Terri great that you did garedning. I think it is great. Playing in the garden and getting exercise while doing so

GetinFit so awesome that you did the 5 mile walk around the mountain. I think that slow is great when walking a mountain

Zoniegirl Congrats on the lab results ! awwww re the bed full of canines. I do love dogs. What are they? A specific breed? Today I googled double doodle photos and my heart went flying. I even kissed one of the photos. Sadly, I have done this with photos of other animals. I just cannot control myself. (did I just admit that? )

Merowi Happy birthday to your daughter. I hope the cake was good. Congratulations on not eating candy bars. I had to work on that too this year. Your low carb plan sounds good. I find I lose weight the best when I combine low carb with low calories.

MonteCristo you mentioned that soon it will be your birthday. When is it?
Re: your concerns about maintenance, it is hard work to keep it off. The threat of another gain looms so big for me, considering my history with yoyo-ing. But at a certain point I think we do learn we cannot let it get out of hand yet again. I think you will do better this time with maintenance. Just is a huge challenge. But maybe you will even work that out. So it will not be as difficult as it is for some.

Kelijpa The WW meetings sound really good. I like the idea of the official weigh-ins. And also the talks. "Hearing it" is so important, even if I know it on some levels.

Today I made sure to stay home. Sadly I didnt get much exercise at all. The only work I did was bringing downstairs all my winter scarfs, shawls hats, jackets and coats. Then bringing all the the summer jackcets etc. upstairs for the many months of cold. Today the temp did not get out of the 40s.
Calories were around 1070.

Monday I will go to the dentist for a cleaning and check-up. I always eat something good after going to the dentist. IDK what I will do on Monday. Chances are they will not be giving out candy. Although my previous dentist loved the brittle I used to make. I would bring it for him and the entire office. They all loved it. Go figure

I hope everyone has a fun halloween. Gotta get out my orange and black spider and web fabric I wear for the day.

Last edited by flower123; 10-31-2016 at 03:32 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

October didn't go that well for me, so I'm going to jump over here and start November early.

Did my first Boring But Big workout last night. It was really nice to have a good workout without doing squats. With BBB you only do squats every other workout (basically an upper/lower split). I know they are really good for you, but they are tough! Tons of benching and pressing, with some rows and skullcrushers thrown in. My arm gave out this morning while brushing my teeth, lol. Didn't do much else this weekend 'cause Skyrim remastered came out (:blush.

GOALS FOR NOVEMBER
Exercise: Complete 4 week cycle of BBB
Diet: maintain 1700 average (exclude bday)
Weight: Get down to 209.8
Special: hold at top of pullup for 30 sec

flower123 - My birthday is next Monday. We get the day off work (or whatever day you want to take, as long as it is within a couple weeks of your bday no one really cares), so my big plan is early voting. LOL Last time I waited in line 4 hours to vote, and the time before that it was 2 hours and in the rain (and the line was outside). So this year I'm going early....been watching my local poling place and it has been packed out every night, so hopefully if I go first thing in the morning I won't have to wait so long.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:53 AM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Thanks Flower It really felt good to be able to do that again. I wish I could trade you some hot weather for your cooler temps. We're still having record highs. Yesterday it was 86 degrees and the previous record was 83.

MonteCristo - Great job on your big workout!

I hope we all have a great month.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #5  

Default November 2016

HELLO,

Have some gummies and tootsies left over, but nothing I can not handle. Put them in the basement. Weight is the same. Could have been a lot worse. Have had a quart and a half of moose track yogurt in the freezer unopened for a WEEK! And I still have some fudgecycles in the freezer, too. Amazing.

218/214/211.7/212.1/209

A new goal: make mulligatawny soup.
Plan to swim this am, if I do not fall back to sleep.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:45 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Happy November!

Started off 179.8, shooting for 175 this month, I think that puts me back in the overweight BMi, autocorrect changed to BMW lol, if only

Flower the official weigh-in and the community is what works for me with WW, that trying to at least get to where I was last week

Well, gotta get stretching, hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:47 AM   #7  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Having Shakeo for breakfast and studying for Microbiology test.
For today's workout: Focus T25 Ab Intervals.

Lunch today will be: Lean steak with sauteed peppers, tomatoes and spinach, with a side of Fresh steamed broccoli
Snack: I have an apple packed with my lunch

I'm not sure what I want for dinner yet tonight! I'm thinking chicken or salmon, with the rest of my leftover broccoli.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #8  

Flower Good luck at the dentist. I hope you get good news with the tooth. At my new dentist, I've noticed boxes of cake & donuts in the back. At least they can brush & floss afterwards

The protein lightener is just a vanilla whey shake. I also add a little unsweetened cashew milk to make it creamy. The result is caffeine that is filling for under ~60 cals. I'm glad to hear your town has kept out Whole Foods. They use some aggressive tactics to squash their competition. Thanks for the idea re applied kinesiology--I think I will look into that. It seems my brain/mood does better with carbs, but the rest of my body does not. It takes a lot of trial and error, & patience to figure it out without guidance. I think I am addicted to sugar, or sweeteners in general.

Last edited by Sundove; 11-01-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:16 AM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

I was wondering why I had such a significant gain from Sunday, especially since I did a better job that usual. Well, last night TTOM started, so that explains some of the gain.

Calories for yesterday: 1355 +
Weigh In: 175 (TTOM)
No Change

Have a great day and start to your month!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #10  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

The scale is finally starting to move for me and today's weight was 213.8. I'm sticking to my calories and my exercise plan so I know it will continue to drop even if it's very slow. This week I'm also working on not snacking on popcorn or mixed nuts. I'm thinking those might be slowing my weight loss down.

My goal is to drop at least 5 pounds this month so I have to be pretty strict with my eating & exercise. I leave for the next cruise on 11/26 so I have to do it by then.

I hope you all have a great OP month

Today's plan

B: Bagel thin w/Laughing Cow wedge, banana, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Chicken breast, 1/2 Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese, Okra, Yellow Squash, WW Brownlie
D: Xtreme Wellness Wrap w/turkey breast & veggies, 2 Dove Dark Choc pcs
S: 2 Clementines, Nature Valley Granola bar
Exercise: Firm DVD
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

Did my second BBB workout last night. This one was the lower body workout. OMG. 6 progressively heavier sets of 5 deadlifts...my back was like "what the heck are you doing, put that down this instant!" but I managed to get through without any pain, just a little soreness, well not even soreness, more like acute awareness of my back. Then I started in on my 5 sets of 10 squats. Wow, never done squats after deads before. Even with light weights it was challenging, but I finished. Accessories were a breeze after that. Oddly enough, the only thing that is sore today is my hands. I had to polish off two bananas after my session because they were about 45 seconds away from being bad (ie completely brown) and I imagine that helped with the muscle soreness. But all the deadlifting and the hanging leg raises have made my hands ache. I need a hand massage, if there is such a thing. Eating was on point until the bananas. But it was either eat them, or make then into banana bread, and I decided I was both too lazy to bake the bread and unable to control myself from eating the entire load once it was finished, so I went for the lesser of two evils, and just ate 'em. So about 200 cals over goal.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #12  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Forgot to check in last night after the trick or treating guests left. Calories were 1292.

Happy November, everyone!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #13  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

It's noon and I already have two successes!
1. Got a 100% on Microbiology test (45 question quiz)
2. Resisted that delicious gob cake, telling myself I can have a small piece tomorrow. lol.

I'm eating my lunch right now, then I'm probably gonna relax for a little bit and digest, do my workout, and do some studying. Tomorrow is a leadership/management test, which is really a boring/annoying subject when you're learning health and science related things - why I could never go to school for business or anything like that.

So - How do you all get in enough vegetables for the day? Sometimes salads get a tad boring, and I really don't like raw vegetables, except for maybe carrots here or there.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow did last month just FLY by!

As of Oct. 27th I was just 1.3lbs shy of losing 10lbs for the month.

Then, I had a weekend of debauchery that also included no working out the week leading up..... Oct 29 found me back in the 200s, but I would like to think some of that was due to retaining water. Alcohol and lots of salty things over the weekend. :/

Now that Halloween has come and gone back on track and not weighing again until Monday.

Goal: Lose another 10lbs this month.

206/201/150
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

October was not a good month for me for a variety of reasons. I did end up losing 0.8 pounds in October, so I'll count that as a win considering everything I had going on last month!

My goal for November is to finally reach ONEderland - 199.9 would be awesome.

Nov 1: 205

Exercise: 30 minute brisk walk this morning
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote