Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #391  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

EmilyLarnder - to the daily check in.

kelijpa - I sure wish you could send some of your snow down here. We're having record highs and I am so ready for it to be a little cooler.

Still doing good with eating & exercise. Had a really nice walk yesterday. The hills are getting much easier for me to tackle and I'm not so out of breath when I get to the top.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Todaly's Plan

B: Whole wheat bagel thin, 1 Laughing Cow wedge, 2 sl Sara Lee Turkey breast, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers snack bar
S: banana, clementine
D: Shrimp, mock coleslaw, WW Brownie
Exercise: Firm or Hip Hop Abs
Old 10-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #392  

Default October 2016 goals

Hello People,

I just got kicked out before I could post email. So I will make this one short.

Swam 60 laps at other Y yesterday.
Ate some junk food: chili, jr frosty, small sundae, fiber bars, dark chocolate. but it could be a lot worse. Meditated. Been eating basil pesto--yummmm! I put it on meat, eggs, sandwiches, etc. I wish it did not go bad so fast.
Delivered some plants and attended health talk.
Sorted some stuff in bedroom.

Goals are the same.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/27/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well this evening!

WI 201.4, up .4 from yesterday. Today's calories 1,750; carb 139; fat 84; protein 125; sodium 2,832; sugar 41.

Exercise - 2.7 miles with dogs; 30 minutes cardio at gym; strength training, lower body, 20 minutes; stretching, 15 minutes. Calories burned 510, excluding weight training. Steps, 10,825.

Water - 96 oz.

I ate some extra calories last night. I was about 250 over goal, which is an improvement from my other nights this week. I've worked out every day so far since Monday. So, while this week has been bad in terms of weight gain (3 pounds), I guess it could have been worse without the exercise.

Greetings and support to everyone! Hope you have a good night!
Old 10-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #394  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I think something is working against me and working out this week. LOL We had a power outage today. A truck hit a cable line and that took everything else down. The fire and sparks were scary for a while since there was a live wire in the middle of the road. I was 15 minutes into my workout when all of this happened. Once the power came back on I had to go back to the shop to finish up my month end work, cleaning, dusting, clean the bathrooms, etc.

I just got home so another quick one for me. I'm exhausted!

Total Approx Calories 1355 +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise
15 minutes of Lean Body Circuits - weights w/15's

Waving Hi all around!
Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #395  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default October 27th

Today was very on point again! I had a total of 909 calories due to being so busy at work! I couldn't even stop to eat ! I did a double workout again: lower body (hurts so good) and cardio. I have 16,000+ steps so far but I am not quite ready for bed yet so I might break 17,000 today.

Breakfast: Apple, 1 tbls natural peanut butter and homemade granola bar (308 cals)

Snack: 2 clean eating muffins (132 cals)

Lunch: Cucumber & red onion salad with 4 oz turkey & 0.5 tbls greek feta dressing (145 cals)

Snack: Mandarin Orange & 1 cup green grapes (99 cals)

Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad (225 cals)

Two days away from weigh day! Yikes
Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 AM   #396  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1280.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:37 AM   #397  

Hi all

Diana, I am sorry you had to deal with those unfortunate electrical fireworks. Glad the line was fixed.

CoolMom great job on the calories ! Good to see you regularly posting

FYML congrats on the calories and workouts. You really are rocking this weight loss plan

Zoniegirl I think you are right re: the exercise. Success sometimes looks different from what we ideally envision

Teri I agree about Basil Pesto. Its good on pretty much anything (savory)

GetinFit great that you are getting stronger. Able to do the hills with more ease.

Kelijpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
My motto, keep chipping away...it adds up over time
Sounds like a perfect motto. Hope the snow did not accumulate. Many people in my state are without power because of the wet snow. I saw a slight mix where I live. But nothing that was alarming.

Emily sounds like you have a great plan. You can do this. And you are doing it !! I hope you enjoyed the "healthy version of chicken broccoli alfredo" sounds good!

Hi to Sundove and everyone else I missed

Weight Thursday AM was down to 2 lbs from goal. Strange that there was a 2.6 lb loss. But I will take it. SO it sort of gave me permission to eat something I really wanted. Consequently total calories today were around 1900. The most important thing is I have stopped the upward creep of lbs. Saturday and Halloween will be a bit tricky. But as long as I can do the 2 steps forward and 1 step back, I can make it back to optimal maintenance weight. And hopefully stay there.

For those who do not know why this is such a concern to me, I have been above 200 lbs two different periods in my life. And in the upper 100s more times that I care to remember. The yo-yo thing has been my way of living. I know too well how those lbs creep on way too easily if I am not vigilant. All the yo-yoing has taken a toll on my health. I cannot afford to do it anymore. This is why I get so concerned when I notice a trend of creeping up in the lbs. This maintaining thing is like walking on (chocolate covered) eggshells.
I hope everyone has a great Friday
Old 10-28-2016, 05:24 AM   #398  

Default OCTOBER 2016 Goals

Hiya!

Am up early, so I decided to write a note.

Zoniegirl, sounds fun to workout with your dog...I guess you are walking or running. I saw someone walking their cat on a leash the other day. I wonder how many calories they burned? The cat was actually pretty good at walking.
I tried to walk a young old English sheepdog puppy once. Ended up carrying her the whole way!.

I am still in a holding pattern, but that is much better than gaining.

218/214/212.7/209

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
EXERCISE: swam 60 laps last night, no abs, no gardening. Meditated while I swam.
DIET: had ice cream cone, basil pesto, dark chocolate and fiber bars. Not drinking enough water, need to use food mover. Looked up info on low cholesterol.
OTHER: cleaned up email on computer.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: swim or walk, abs, gardening
DIET: record desserts, food mover, Mindfulness, read book, meditation, don't eat when I am not hungry, don't eat standing up, in front of tv, in front of fridge, in car. GBOMBS: greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries, seeds. Daily: veggies soup, salad, cooked greens.
OTHER: sort boxes in den, garage, bedroom.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #399  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

WW weigh in went well, I was exactly 180 there, it's at 4:30 pm with clothes on, so that's good, next week should be in the 170s there 177.1 this morning, tracked what I ate yesterday so hopefully will keep up the tracking this week. This weeks meeting was on having a recovery plan and the difference between a small slip-up and falling off the wagon. Basically trying to hop back on the wagon when you fall off, I have a visual of me chasing that wagon down the road, sitting by the side of the road for awhile, then dusting off and chasing after it again that's been my weight loss journey. They also talked about sugar again, with Halloween and associated candy on the horizon.

Teleworking today, so need to get to it.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-28-2016, 08:50 AM   #400  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday Everyone,

A quick check in this morning...

All is going good. The scale seems to be stuck on 214 but that's okay. My clothes are fitting a little better and I'm feeling great.

Today's Plan

B: Coffee w/Flavored creamer, Greek yogurt, banana
L: Lean Cuisine - Korean style spicy beef, 2 pcs Dove dark choc
D: 1 Extreme Wellness wrap w/turkey breast, baby greens/tomatoes, 1 tbsp sal dressing, 1 glass merlot
S: Mixed nuts, apple, clementine
Exercise: Walk

Last edited by GettinFit; 10-28-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Still doing ok for the week. Had a bit of a hiccup on Wednesday, got really hungry for no apparent reason (probably the huge workout I did Tuesday evening) and I ended up having "loaded" tomato soup (lots of cheese and fried pepperoni) for dinner. No jump in scale in the next day, which was a relief, and also a sign that maybe I just needed those extra calories. One of these days I'm actually going to get out of the 210s and the scream I let out when I see that 0 in the middle will likely be heard 'round the globe. I had so hoped to make it by my birthday, but that's pretty much out at this point, unless a miracle occurs.

Starting a new lifting program. I've been doing Strong Lifts 5x5 pretty steady for 6 months, and I'm ready for a change. Still like to keep it simple (I can't with these super complicated body building routines) so I'm going with 5/3/1 Big But Boring. Basically you just spend one day a week on each o the big four lifts; barbell press, squat, bench press, deadlift. It is much more even than the super squat heavy SL, and since my legs are already bigger than usual, I think this may work out. Each cycle is four weeks; 3 weeks of progressive loading, then a deload week. I'm committing to doing it for 3 cycles, and then I'll evaluate and see if I want to continue or try something else. First session scheduled for Sunday.

Kelijpa - I bet wagon chasing is good cardio! Sometimes I feel like I destroy my wagon and have to build it back from scratch. But at least we are working on it!

Teri000 - I apologize if there was an explanation earlier, but what do the numbers in your post me (ie the 218/214/212.7/209) I thought it was starting, current, goal at first but realized there were too many numbers. Good job on holding, that's just maintenance practice.

flower123 - Maintenance is something I'm a little scared about too. I know I can lose the weight, I've done that before, but I gained it back immediately. I was probably only at my goal for 2 weeks. Of course that did coincide with my parents' marriage breaking up and me spiraling into depression, but still.

CoolMom75 - Good job on your daily calories!

FYML - You are killing it with both your diet and workouts! Great job.

Diana - Wow, that's terrible about the power lines. I'm surprised they didn't get the power shut off faster, that's really dangerous! Maybe the universe has just decided you need a break.

Zoniegirl - You'll be back to onderland in no time! Keep up the exercise.

GettinFit - Great job on your conditioning! It is nice to see improvement in the "real" world.

Emily - and

Gail - New Decade!

Punky - Yay for lifting! What kind of program are you running?

ETA - Is anyone else having difficulties with TickerFactory tickers? Mine don't seem to update for like 2 days after I've put the new information in. I want to see that 215.6! LOL

Last edited by MonteCristo; 10-28-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/28/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day!

Flower - Thanks for your comments and support. Congrats on your loss! 2.6 pounds is amazing! Hopefully, the positive momentum will carry you through Halloween.

Teri - Thanks for the funny story about the cat walking! I can just picture it. Yes, my Boxer helps to get me out there walking. Like this morning, I was going to take a day off from walking today. But, he was whining and running to the laundry room (where I keep his leash) every time I got up off the couch. So, I finally put on my tennis shoes and off we went! The funniest thing I've seen being taken for a walk was in California on the beach Boardwalk. There was a couple walking with a baby carriage and all of these people kept stopping them and looking in. So, I did the same and, of course, expected to see a baby. But, instead I found a baby pot-belly pig wrapped up in blankets! He was so cute! Anyway, great job on yor food and exercise! Hope the scale moves for you soon.

Diana - Wow! That's scary about the live wire! Glad no one got hurt. Great job on your food and exercise, as always! I'm still striving to achieve your level of consistency. You are an inspiration!

Monte - Thanks for your comments and support. So god to see you are back on track and are doing well. The new decade will come for you! Good luck with your new lifting routine.

FYML - Great job on your calories and exercise! Good luck on your WI.

Cool mom - Good job on your calories.

Kelijpa - Great job on your WI - I bet next week you will be solidly in the 170s.

GettinFit - I'm so glad your clothes are fitting better. Keep at it!

Yesterday - The off plan eating continued last night after posting. About 650 over calorie goal.

Today - WI 201.8, up .4 from yesterday. Plan for today, calories 1,268, 282 under; carb 63, 53 under; fat 47; 5 under; protein 120, 35 under; sodium 2,447, 147 over; sugar 31, 22 under.

Exercise - walked 2.7 miles with dogs. Burned 350 calories. Worked out 5 days this week, beat my October goal of 4 times per week. Steps so far, 6,392.

Water - 96 oz.

I am embarrassed to keep having to revise my calories the next day to account for the extra food I'm eating after posting this week. But, I told myself that the whole point of this thread is accountability to myself and to others for my behavior. So, despite my embarrassment at my slip this whole week, I will continue posting to be honest and accountable and to not give in to shame-based self-destruction. I WILL keep trying to achieve my goals. Thank you, everyone, for your support. I really appreciate it!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 10-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #403  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! TGIF!

I had a bit of drama this morning. I thought there was something wrong with my computer since I couldn't turn it on. I took it back to Best Buy. It looks like I was being too gentle with the power button. It appears in my efforts to avoid drama and problems, that I'm actually causing them for myself. (it's funny now, wasn't too funny earlier )

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

I have been waking with the swollen face/lips all week. Today was a bit worse. Lowering my calories doesn't even seem to help when I have this going on.

Calories for yesterday: 1355 + :coffee
Weigh In: 171.8
Up: .4

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 10-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #404  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

1186 calories today.

Flower, I'm trying! lol

Diana, oh wow, frustruating indeed! A sticky button maybe. I'm sorry about the flare up.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #405  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am finding that any drama wears me out and zaps my energy. Must be a hormonal thing. This will be a quick one. Maybe I can get to bed and rest well tonight. The power company called me at 3 AM to notify me that the power was back on at the shop. Okey Dokey. Not good since it takes me a while to go back to sleep.

My DH's birthday is on Sunday. We will go out to dinner Sunday night and have cake. We will go to the fair on Monday. My efforts to lower my calories hasn't done much good. I will do the best I can with these two days while still trying to enjoy the food and fun.

CoolMom It's good to see you get back in the swing of things.

Total Approx Calories 1355 +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise
KCM's Your Best Body workout 1 w/extra cardio w/10's for upper and 15's for lower

Waving Hi all around!
Closed Thread