Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #1  
Want2SmileAgain

S/C/G: 179/177.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Default About to get my mom from airport and see her look of disappointment

Love my mom to death. And she would never say anything to hurt my feelings. But I will see it on her face. I've been trying sooooo hard to lose this weight but been diagnosed with Cushing Syndrome and it is just nearly impossible. I'm so self conscious about how I look. I am losing any hope of ever getting back to a weight and body I'm proud of

Last edited by Want2SmileAgain; 10-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Want2SmileAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Have more confidence in yourself. Right now you have a body, it takes you where you need to go, it is relatively healthy and it's the only one you've got. Shaming yourself is not the way to manifest positive changes. Self love should be unconditional, don't wait for if and when you will be a certain size to appreciate what you have now.

The best thing about moms is that they love is no matter what we look like. Talk to her and she will be more understanding than you think.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Is your Mom familiar with the symptoms of Cushing's Syndrome? If so, maybe it isn't disappointment you see on her face but concern. Being disappointed in someone with Cushing's for having difficulty losing weight would be like being disappointed in someone with MS for having difficulty keeping their balance. It doesn't make sense. If she doesn't fully understand Cushing's, you might want to give her some pamphlets about it to read on her plane trip back home. Please don't be hard on yourself. Having Cushing's is not your fault!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #4  

I'm not familiar with cushings but a mom sees the beauty in a persons heart not the physical things that we compare ourselves to others. Even though you feel the need to lose wt I'm sure your mom is only excited to see her beautiful daughter.
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I do not know anything about "C"

So be it. Here is the thing. Do the best you can!

You are the only one who really knows what you need to do. You need to do those things.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #6  
Want2SmileAgain

S/C/G: 179/177.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Is your Mom familiar with the symptoms of Cushing's Syndrome? If so, maybe it isn't disappointment you see on her face but concern. Being disappointed in someone with Cushing's for having difficulty losing weight would be like being disappointed in someone with MS for having difficulty keeping their balance. It doesn't make sense. If she doesn't fully understand Cushing's, you might want to give her some pamphlets about it to read on her plane trip back home. Please don't be hard on yourself. Having Cushing's is not your fault!
Thank you jacqui! How are you familiar with cushings ? It seems to be difficult to find doctors who are familiar with it.
Want2SmileAgain is offline   Reply With Quote