Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/ see tracker / 135

Height: 5'8

You all are so supportive!

That's another question I have: what do I do about clothes? I wore a size 18--sometimes even bigger at my highest weight. Now my old 14s fit. However, most of my clothes are just too big (which isn't a major problem because I wear a lot of T-shirts, pajamas, etc.) but I don't have a lot of money to buy clothes and I hope to lose more weight.
hepzibah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #17  

Also, I heard that once you hit size 12 or 14 you drop sizes at around 10 lbs which is A LOT faster.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepzibah View Post

That's another question I have: what do I do about clothes? I wore a size 18--sometimes even bigger at my highest weight. Now my old 14s fit. However, most of my clothes are just too big (which isn't a major problem because I wear a lot of T-shirts, pajamas, etc.) but I don't have a lot of money to buy clothes and I hope to lose more weight.
I allowed myself to buy a few key pieces that were brand new - like a great pair of shorts. I started losing in January and was right around where you are about the same time, so entering summer in NC - shorts are a MUST. I cannot TELL you how amazing it was to go into a store and try on "normal sized" clothing! I think I ended up buying a pair or two at Old Navy - nothing too expensive, but I loved them.

I also did some thrift store shopping for other items. Still a lot of fun, but easier on the wallet.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #19  

I actually ended up going shopping today (a couple of friends wanted to go) and my friend (whose body was similar to mine 2 years ago--I put on maybe 40 pounds after that) told me to put on a dress that was a size Large. I told her it wouldn't fit. She told me to try it on. It fit.

Wow.

I guess now that I'm looking back I've realized how much I avoided shopping because the XLs were becoming too tight (embarrassing but true).

As she pulled more XLs for me they were too big. And I'm still bloated from my period!

This felt really good but I really do think my body image is distorted because I looked at a dress (which wasn't stretchy) and said it wouldn't even fit over me, and it was too big. Looking at my body in the full mirror was difficult, even though the dress was loose.

Last edited by hepzibah; 06-05-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #20  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepzibah View Post

Goodwill and thrift stores! I think you'll find as you start dropping sizes that its MUCH easier to find things at these places that actually fit, and they're much cheaper than new clothes from the store
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote