Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Default It's the "little things"

It's nice to have the scale show a weight loss, but it's the
"little things" that really make me realize I've done well.
Such as when I sit in the drivers seat my stomach no
longer touches the steering wheel. The shoulder straps
on my handbag stay on my shoulder instead of slipping
right off like it used to do. I no longer have to buy
double width shoes for swollen feet now that they
are no longer swollen. I can cross my legs, not all
the way but still I can cross them!

I don't really have to look at a scale to know I am
doing my body good, I can see it and I can feel it,
and that is so much better!

May we all have a healthy satisfied day!
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

YESSSSS!

Great post!!

OMG, I never realized the purse thing! I used to be so frustrated that my purse would slide off of my shoulder, and I never realized I don't have that problem anymore. I never put 2 and 2 together! I always thought it was the purse, not my weight.

Being able to cross the legs is a big deal!! Wow, I remember when I finally reached a point where couldn't anymore. It's been awhile so I had forgotten how good it felt to be able to easily cross my legs again!

Sitting in a skinny chair.....My son's orthodontist doesn't realize there are heavy people in the world and he lined his waiting room with very narrow chairs. They are uncomfortable enough for even a skinny person, horrid little chairs, but those of us with a wider rear end were especially uncomfortable. I felt so good when I didn't feel twice as wide as the chair!

twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Yes! I love noticing small differences like that. Really motivates me.
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Sitting in a small movie theatre chair, more comfort in airplanes, putting on your shoes... I can actually pinpoint the high weight where my life perpetually uncomfortable. It's important to remember
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I'd never tought that the purse thing had anything to do with my being fat! Lol!

What is amazing is being able to walk without feeling back pain. It's such a simple thing and yet it has made a huge diference in my life!

It is also easier to clean myself when i go to the toilet. I know this is too much information, but personal hygiene was harder for me to do, even though i was able to. Also, i had a hard time to close delicate necklaces, the position with my arms up and behind my neck was really uncomfortable. Oh, and tying shoes or trying on new sandals at the stores...

My feet still get swollen, but not so much as before. I still am at the half of my journey, so maybe when i lose some more pounds i won't have this problem.

Also, i now can pick up stuff at the floor much easily. And i don't feel myself being choked by the fat on my neck anymore. I was so fat i could never breathe without feeling a bit choked and it was hard to find a comfortable position to sit or sleep. OMG, i had never realised until just now how much i was damaging my body....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
Sitting in a small movie theatre chair, more comfort in airplanes, putting on your shoes... I can actually pinpoint the high weight where my life perpetually uncomfortable. It's important to remember
So true!i was uncomfortable ALL THE TIME and it was hard and painful living in my body. I keep forgetting it, because I only been this high weight for maybe 6 months. The reason i decided to lose weight and change my lifestyle was because i was feeling so miserable and uncomfortable. You're right, it's important to remember.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Being able to zip up your jeans
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome. I've just been noticing I don't have that urge to snack at night anymore and I have a lot more self control throughout the day now. I see the good it's doing for my body by not eating out of habit/boredom.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #8  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Waking up in pain was very common at my highest weight, now I usually feel no pain at all. Love it.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

No more heartburn!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #10  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I'm just getting a bit of regain off now, but from my major weightloss - I'm still in wonder at the differences! Not to get TMI here, but I think about how I used to not be able to be on top at ALL, and now I'm almost a pro at it! I also never realized the purse thing was about my weight -- why is it about your weight? More rounded shoulders?

I like that I actually have to run upstairs now to get winded instead of simply walking up them. I like that I can move my body in ways that I never even dreamed of before. I like that my boyfriend can actually pick me up. You never think these kinds of things matter until the weight comes off, and it's a wonderful feeling!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I got a little rock in my shoe while walking, being able to stop, bend over and untie my shoe, take it off, shake it out and put it back on again without having to sit down.... ahhhhh.... bliss
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:19 AM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Quote:
bend over and untie my shoe, take it off, shake it out and put it back on again without having to sit down
I cant wait until I'll be able to do that
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

I used to avoid walking as much as possible, because my feet would hurt too much after just a short time. After the first 10-12 lbs. came off, it stopped. My tiny feet couldn't take my weight! Now I walk as often as I can, and I'm pretty damned spritely too.

Last edited by DLS1; 08-27-2014 at 07:24 AM.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Not having my scrub pants dig into me with the drawstring waistband... 13 hours in those can be painful! Having my snap front scrub tops not rub my arms, either. ;-)

Pants in general are fitting better. Being able to write a lower and lower weight on the pinned up tracking chart I have in the bathroom above the scale.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #15  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I totally agree and its the little things for me too. Such as a dress fitting nicer and being able to fit into some nice clothes that I haven't worn for ages.

Well for me - my mum bought me some lovely clothes to celebrate my weight loss (I was 60 pounds down at the time) and I haven't been able to wear them because shortly afterwards I found out I was pregnant.

I am 26 weeks and I cant wait to wear them and that will be what matters to me when I can finally fit in them!
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote