Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I love meat, have always been a meat eater. My mother doesn't like meat, she barely eats any at all. No criticisms on either front, but your post reminded me of years upon years that my mother kept telling me that I would lose weight if I stopped eating meat. Lol, that will never happen but I have much respect for vegetarians. (I will never understand vegans though lol)
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #17  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyhick View Post
@MrsSnark I have to say, you're pretty darn inspirational! one: you like firefly. Consider us friends. Forever. Hahaha. Two your blog is grand and I'm reading the **** out of it. (Hence the reason I k ow fact #1) And three: we both seem to have a penchant for Indian foods, that being said, after reading cooking with (you) #6, I saw you questioning couscous. If you want to add it to your regular fooding, may I suggest under the Indian like rice? I don't know if you have an Aldi food store in your area or Bliss-a-go-go, but if you do, they carry an easy peasy instand couscous and I use it for all the Curries! Though its not in my budget to buy tastybite meals for daily use (if it were, I would. Mmm) I do use a curry paste from a jar and sautée up all my veggies and potatoes and chickpeas and whatnots, when they're almost done I put the water required for the couscous in the microwave for 1:45 (because I'm wierd about numbers) pull it out (before the microwave goes off, like a bomb defusing) and dump in a serving of couscous, cover it with a plate, and when I'm done cooking my veggies, fluff the couscous with my preselected fork, dump the veggies on top, and voila! Meal. (Important: do not just microwave the couscous in the water, it will erupt like a coco wheats volcano, I know we've all made that childhood mistake, so it was a good comparison, it also sucks just as bad to clean, take my word for it.)

I'm not entirely sure how to "tag" you, Im unabke to PM just yet, and I've subscribed to this thread, so if you see this, please reply!
Ahhhh a fellow Firefly lover, hello my new Bestie! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, it always nice to know that somebody actually makes it through my rambling!

As you say, I do love me the Indian food. And your couscous advice is sooo timely, because guess what I've got in my cabinet? Tastybite Jodhpur lentils! They would be excellent over couscous I imagine. I think we do have an Aldis over on the mainland (I live in Florida), but I wonder if I can get something similar at my local, much-closer Publix?

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-10-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #18  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I love meat, have always been a meat eater. My mother doesn't like meat, she barely eats any at all. No criticisms on either front, but your post reminded me of years upon years that my mother kept telling me that I would lose weight if I stopped eating meat. Lol, that will never happen but I have much respect for vegetarians. (I will never understand vegans though lol)
Now I'm curious -- what is confusing about vegans?
Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #19  
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Haha yes! I just love Firefly and Serenity! "I aim to misbehave" And my newest obsession is Castle, not my fault Nathan Fillion is a gorgeous man! Haha
Also. Every TastyBite meal I've ever tasted was fantastic over couscous! I like to add crushed mint, cloves, bay leaves, and turmeric, to make it taste like the rice from take out Indian!

And I imagine the vegan ideals are what do not appeal to conventional meat-eaters. I can, on some planes see both sides, but irs a deep conversation, and truthfully i think is something we forum goers should avoid. Solely because its so difficult to express emotion through text, and things could easily be misconstrued! I personally was raised on a dairy farm in the sticks of PA, and I've grown up around avid hunters/trappers/fisherman, my husband falls into that category, and he supports my vegetarian efforts whole heartedly! (he's a wonderful man i love him so!). And so! I'm, quite literally WHOLLYhick. And now even more so, that I'm implementing all these WHOLE foods! So. That's the fun story behind my name.
whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Now I'm curious -- what is confusing about vegans?
It's not a dig and it's not personal, so please do not read into it. I am just not fulfilled by vegan meals. That's all. I have lots of friends that are vegan and I've spent many dinner parties at vegan homes. I am always hungry afterwards - probably because I limit my grains so much that without protein I'm super hungry. But it's very likely that someone vegan or vegetarian cannot understand why someone would eat animals right? It's not personal, it's just my preference not to be vegan.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #21  
Michelle the Vegan

Ah, I thought it was a philosophical thing you didn't understand and I could clarify.