Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Default I think I've posted this before...

...but it bears repeating...

It is good to have an end to journey toward;
but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Ursula K. Le Guin

So let's enjoy the journey. Make every day count. Try to discover something new each day, whether it's a fruit or vegetable or a great new place to walk or how refreshing water really is! Or maybe just a new attitude. How about an attitude of gratitude? Instead of self pity, and making excuses, let's be happy and grateful for all that is ours. We have the ability and the means to eat what is good and nourishing and the physical capabilities to move our bodies in some way. Let's not waste what we do have, for there may come a day when we say, "If only I had...lost weight, exercised more, seen the doctor sooner, had that mammogram...etc, etc..."

That said, I'm going out for a walk now...

Carpe diem!
Old 06-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for the quick responses to my medical questions. You guys are the greatest!!! I knew I stick around for a reason!

I do believe that a phone call is in order. My biggest problem is that when I call, I know I won't get right through and she'll have to call me back, and well, I'm never home long enough for the return phone call. Can't keep this old girl hog tied for long, ya know...

I guess I will have to make an effort to call early and then just stay home and wait for the return call. After all, this is kinda important!

Gotta run. The boys are waiting on me.

"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." - Victor Hugo
Old 06-13-2003, 08:38 PM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Ok.....

This post is actually going to turn out much different than I intended it to be.

I fully intended on coming in here and posting that I was going to leave for awhile. Not going away for good, and I would still be reading, just not posting till I get my head on straight. I think I let what someone said earlier about us "falling off the wagon" time and time again, saying that "Oh well, tomorrow is another day" and then continuing to make the same mistake over and over again, bother me. I questioned myself on so many levels and decided the best thing to do was just to leave, get myself together and then come back. Coming here when you're floundering can be good, but it can also be bad. Good in the fact that when others are OP, eating healthy and exercising...it can motivate the ones of us that are having a hard time. Bad, in the fact that it can also make you question yourself and why you can't seem to get yourself in gear.

I made a statement a day or so ago and I'm going to retract that. Yes, I'm going back on my word. But for a good reason. This is what I had said:

Quote:
Ok...new plan. I promise you. I promise, every single day, I will report in to you guys before I go to bed. I'm going to report how many points I've eaten (my range is 29-34) and how much I've exercised. I don't have a problem with my water, so that should be ok. I've got to be accountable to someone and you guys are the best!
Now, not the part about you guys being the best. You are....that has never changed and never will. One thing I pride myself on is being honest with you guys and that will never change, and what I'm about to say comes very hard to me and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Ok....here goes. I have been coming to this thread for a long time. I usually post at least once a day....sometimes more. This is the only thread that I post on here at 3FC. I have seen people come and I have seen people go. I have seen people come back again. However, some I have come very used to.....they have become family to me. Lately, some of my family has stopped posting all together and some are only posting every now and then and I miss them. There have been so many new people come into the thread lately and to be honest.....I have just felt lost. Not that you guys are strangers to me.....just that things that at one time were very familiar to me.....have become very unfamiliar, and that has been so strange. I have in the past become attached to my friends here that have left and I have wanted to step back and be cautious, so as not to feel bad when someone I think is in it for the long haul disappears. NOW.....that is not to say I do not like all of the new people that have come in, in the last couple of months. You are all a very diverse group of ladies and I love you each and every one for your individuality. I apologize for perhaps, being somewhat stand-offish. It is not in my nature to be this way.....I have just felt out of sorts. I am truly glad and grateful for all of our new family. I do not use the word "family" lightly. I think we are our own little family, because no one quite understands this weight loss thing like we do.

Now, to finally stop the rambling......let's get on to what I was actually trying to say. I promised you guys that I would stop in every night before bed and report into you about how my day had went. I should have never done that. Why? Because I put too much pressure on myself. I haven't fallen off the wagon, ladies. I jumped off. You know how hard it is to get started once you completely are off track. It's just miserable. Every day you start out with good intentions, only to be hanging your head at the end of the day. By telling you I would report into you each night, put an enormous amount of pressure on me for several reasons. First, if I had a bad day....(which I have) I either didn't come in here and post....for fear you would think I was a failure, or thoughts came into my head to tell you I had done good...but that would be a lie....and I will NOT lie to you. So, what to do? What to do? Here's what to do. I WON'T promise you I'll report in to you guys every night. I WON'T promise you I'm going to be perfect. I DO promise you that I won't leave. No matter how many times I am tempted, I need you guys. Sooner or later, I will hear that "click" and my life will get back on track. I have to remember that even though occasionally, we need a , that this is not a boot camp and mistakes are allowed. I hope, for my sake however...that I can break free from this long chain of mistakes and I can get back on track.

Thank you for listening to the ramblings of an idiot. I hope some of what I said makes sense. Food has not been good today, but I did do the 3 mile WATP. That makes me feel somewhat better.

I'm not going to individually reply to everyone tonight....just know that I have read everything you have said and I am on the way home.

I will say however:

Sara: You have been a wonderful inspiration to me and I miss your posts. I hope wherever you are that you are still OP and even if you're not....that's ok. Come back and see us sometime.

Lucky: I know you have a new job....a rather important one from what I gather, so I know that is probably taking up a lot of your time. If you get a chance, please come by and see us once in awhile. I miss you.

2cute: I know you're here. You CAN'T stay away. I'm not sure what you're going through right now, I can only send you this....{{{{{{{2cute}}}}}}}}. When you're not here....sometimes it's just not the same. I'm not trying to "guilt" you in to coming in and posting. I'm just giving you a reminder that you are so very loved....by me.

Kat: Thanks for being the rock I've needed lately.

Thin: Thanks for always being here. Even when you're busy....even when you're working yourself to death. We need you.

To everyone else: I promise to be a better friend and to try to get to know you all a little better. Sometimes we just have to "step back" and realize what's important. I am important. My health is important. My life is important.

Sometimes....we have to put "I" first.

Love you guys!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Oh Tina. I hope I haven't let you down.
I read everyday but sometimes I just don't post.
I need all of you. My food hasn't been great either.
Don't you dare leave us we need you.
I went to see my brother today and made lots of pics of the baby
I'll post one soon.
Hello to all the rest of my friends
Old 06-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Mary...

You have never even once let me down. I love my little southern buddy.

The feelings that I have had lately really have nothing to do with anyone here....it's all about the way "I've" been feeling. I do feel a lot better after I've "talked" with you guys though.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:14 PM   #21  
I'm on my way!

Tina I hear you loud and clear Sweetie...I am right there beside you!! I think we were holding hands when we jumped off that wagon!

Anyways...I'm glad you aren't leaving...I look for your posts each and every day and get a little disappointed if you haven't posted. So keep on keeping on...theres no failure in falling...you only fail if you stay down! We all fall but we all eventually get back up again!

We are all packed and ready to leave early tomorrow morning for our vacation. We will be at my parents house this weekend and next weekend but during the week we will be on Cape Cod at a nice Resort so I won't be able to check in then. BUt after vacation I start my new job and a new outlook on my life style which will include eating healthy again! I have a goal of running up the stairs at my new job in 6 months! My office is downstairs so that will get me moving again!

Anyways, I need to go rinse this color out of my hair, take a shower and get to bed so we can get up early!

You guys old and new are a great bunch...I want to welcome the newbies to this group...everyone hang in there...threads seem to move slow during the summer months so stick with us...this is the only thread I post on too and I love it!

TTFN Michelle
Old 06-14-2003, 01:22 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Tina... yes... I am here.
I miss you terribly. I am just in such a BAD place right now I can't come here and post. In fact.. some days I don't even have the emotional ability to come and read. I have sent you a private message... watch for it.

And yes... BAYLEE has had a negative effect on me.
It will be 3 YEARS in July that I have been here. And I should be maintaining my 200lb loss instead of maintaining a 35 lb loss... and to be honest... in the last month... I could have even gained some of that back too. Not all.. thank goodness... but some. I am not pigging out... but I am not improving my eating habits either. Not true... I am improving... just not enough to lose... I have maintained for 3 years.... That IS IMPROVING.... even if some people don't think so. I did not maintain my way up to 350 plus... I GAINED my way up.

But it is not just the food keeping me away.
Nor the shame.
I am having some emotional problems... too much stress.
I am not dealing well with me right now.
Parents getting worse everyday.... my sister's cancer is back and probably spreading. Me screwing up stuff in my own life. It just gets too much.... and add that to Baylee's comments .... I just feel I have to stay away.
I am like a run away snowball.... tumbling downhill picking up more crap as I roll.

I know in one hand I would feel better if I got out of my own problems and helped others... and in the other hand.... I feel sooo overwhelmed with my own problems I don't think I could handle one more. It's a catch 22.... Gee... self centerness is not a pretty picture... and I see myself in that picture.

Tina, Michelle, Thin, Kat, Mary, all the "oldtimers"... and the newcomers....everyone...PLEASE hang in there....
Keep posting so I have a home to come home to soon.
I want to thank all of you who are keeping the fires burning.
You guys are like a Motel 6... you keep a light on for when I come for a visit. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-14-2003 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:15 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Angry To the "old-timers"

Hey ladies, I know I'm new here, but I have really enjoyed getting to know you ladies. You are wonderful, and even when you have fallen off the wagon, or jumped, you are still much inspiration. I started on this thread because I had read this thread for a while and all of you seemed so great, united really. I have another thread here on 3 Fatchicks that has kind of died down, there are still some wonderful ladies that post on it, but it moves kind of slow. Those here at 300+ are always here for me. Rather I need motivation or I need someone to comiserate with one of you is in the same boat. This weightloss battle is a tough one, and I think everyone here is fighting the best fight we can at the moment. Isn't that enough?

Tina, I always look forward to your posts-I know you will get back on track soon. You haven't come this far only to turn your back. :

To the rest of you, everyone-We can do this. We didn't put this weight on in 1mo., 1yr, or even 10yrs. (for most of us anyway) and so it may be a long journey until we lose the weight and reach our goals, but that is okay. Kat's quote said it well.
Quote:
It is good to have an end to journey toward;but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Ursula K. Le Guin

Last edited by PheonixRising; 06-14-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all
I am off to work and then have a genealogy meeting then a birthday fathers day family gathering. I hope to see some of you in chat tonight
Here is a photo of my nephew

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f23b5...eOx6.Aqx29VKTD

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f23b5...Ohx6.A49DQavL3

Last edited by Grannie39074; 06-14-2003 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:32 AM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

I'm here gals....I'm at work this am, and won't have time for a long post, just wanted to let you know that I am here.

I have thus far had a lovely oatmeal bar for breakfast and am about to eat an apple. So far...so good. I have some lovely potato soup waiting on me for lunch.

When I get home this evening I'm going to post individual replies, I just can't do that right now. I hope you all understand. I'm also working in some exercise today as well. At least the one mile.

I am also taking a break from caffeine this week. Nothing but H2O.

Thanks Michelle, for saying what you did. It helped.

Amanda: Thank you for saying what you said as well. I look forward to your posts too...you always cheer me up. It's like I told a dear friend earlier today...."This too shall pass." Thanks again.

Well, I'm outta here for now. Hubby is picking me up in 3 1/2 glorious hours! Oldest son is working at DQ tonight, but I am NOT picking him up!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry Hello from Arizona

Good Morning friends
It's so good to hear from you all, even if things are not well for you, just remember things could have always been worse.
I have to remind myself of this often. I have a hard time looking for the good in things when I am down but I belive that God has a purpose for everything.
My stresses for this week are, I have no money for the upcomming trip that me and my daughter are going on, the good thing is that the travel, hotel and meals are paid for, it's just the extra that we need. Well I was so stressed about it that it gave me headaches, but God gave me solution, yesterday I finally received my diploma with a copy of my transcripts and so I will get my incentive($200) for grades. Thank You God My other problem was that my daughter had lost my cell phone (dropped in the creek) but the thing that keeps me from being too upset is that a phone can be replaced but my daughter could not. Thank You GOD for keeping her safe.
We all have hard times and we have survived and we will continue to be successful, because I belive in you all and "God don't make no junk" you are all so unique and special. May you walk in Beauty.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:34 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

bring us to the top don't want us to drop off the face of the earth
Old 06-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #28  

I have been a very bad girl....I've gone off the wagon big time all weekend thus far ! The last two days since Brian's been here (he's back at his hotel for the night ....so now I can read and do some catching up )has been nothing bug cookouts and pizza joints--and those Italian subs are always my downfall! The GOOD things are though are that 1.) I have not had any sweets (so far) and 2.) I can come here and admit my mistakes and know I won't be judged.

2Cute...so sorry about what you are going through at the moment. Stay strong and come see us just to let us know how you are doing...and don't let the Baylees of the world get you down!

Tina....you are the inspiration even when you do "jump off the wagon" You are even more so to me for your insights in admitting it! You're the best

Good evening to the rest of you, and here is to hoping all is going well.

PIC: Bri at the airport last night; had to cut the thing down so it would fit on here (grrrr....)
Old 06-15-2003, 12:35 AM   #29  

Yes it's true, I am still alive!! I have just had soo much going on in my life lately, I haven't had time to even check my e-mail. So much stress. Kids are out of school, driving me crazy. But it's a good thing. Husband being out of work and flat on his back, driving me crazy! My grandpa is back in the hospital, he is 86 yrs old and fell off a ladder, he broke ribs, punctured lung and has a bad heart to top it all off. So then I am having to check up on my grandma, and make sure she is taking care of herself. All these people needing me and then I am worried about finances on top of it all. I have had no time to even think about eating right, I am just grabbing whatever and doing alot of emotional eating these days. So there ya have that is what happened to me. I really need you gals right now and I really need to take care of me first, because I really dont want to put back on the 31 lbs I lost, I want to keep losing like I was. I want to feel good. I haven't felt good for a couple weeks now. So hopefully I will be able to find time to come in here more often and get myself back on track.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:35 AM   #30  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Happy Father's Day!

Hey chickies...

I thought I posted a long one yesterday...come to find it's not there! There's no way I can re-create that now...so I'll say "Hi to all, Happy Father's Day, and hang in there!"

After such a crappy week, hot, rainy, humid, rainy, rainy, rainy, and more rainy, it's finally gorgeous outside! Cool and clear and sunny...ahhh. We have a BBQ to go to today at my brother's house, I'm glad the weather's cooperating.

Well, I guess we'll just have to send the ol' wagon 'round to pick everyone up that's fallen off! (myself included) All aboard! It's a new week, time to start fresh. Summer's upon us, lots of fruits and veggies for all. Food is not the answer and will not make us feel better. It only makes us feel worse and we all know that. We deserve to be happy and healthy and have the power to do so. So, let's do it!

Well, I gotta go wrap Father's Day presents before the old man gets home.

Have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread