Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #121  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Jolly...... Wow, yes selling a house is very stressful ( I am a Closing/escrow officer and talk to Buyers and sellers all the time at the closing and hear the stories)... I hope the OT in overnight cleaning did the trick and the people loved your home!! Glad you are here!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #122  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

AAAH so you know my pain. I know nothing about this world.

AS the OP I'm sad to say I haven't gotten off to a GREAT start the first week of the challenge! EEK.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

The last few weeks I haven't really been OP, but hopefully in the next couple of days I'll find more motivation to eat better, and I really need to be exercising more
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
This^^^KSA! I'm with you. I made a poor restaurant choice on Saturday night. Perused menu before arriving, and had even made a good choice. Once our waiter showed up all logic and sound decision making went out the window! I could just feel the sodium roiling around in my body, and like I knew it would, the scale shot up almost three pounds. The thing that is most disappointing is KNOWING exactly what the result would be and still making the choice I did.
Curvy - yeah I agree! I don't know what it is, but if I'm at a tasty restaurant where I know I can eat a yummy burger and fries, chances are I'm just not going to be satisfied with a yummy salad (or anything else) because I KNOW what I'm "missing out" on. So although I may be full, I'm unsatisfied at the end of my meal. And then I have to pay for it on top of that. If I ate that salad at home, I'd probably think it was tasty and be fine...but the tasty burger and fries aren't an option at my home.

Jolly - sending you good house selling vibes!!

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping I haven't gained since last week. I ran yesterday, but my foot is still hurting, ugh. I was supposed to run today but am going to put it off until tomorrow to rest my foot. Isn't it always when you WANT to exercise that your body hurts so you can't? But all those days I don't want to and my body's great! Nice move, body, nice move.
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #125  

FINALLY was able to weigh in this morning, coming in at 174.4. I have been struggling for the last two weeks with hovering at 175.6. But I know my head hasn't been in the game and I haven't been 100% on track with every bite taste and lick. It's game time though. I counted today and there are 14 weeks to Labor Day. That's a pound a week until then. Let's go team! How are you all staying on track with all of the summer temptations?
Suds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #126  

Okay, I know I'm late in the game, but I would like to join in. I'm at my highest weight ever and ready to begin. My goal is 39 pounds (10%) by Labor Day.
Trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

Cw 186.8
Down 1.4 From Last Week
18.6 To Goal
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #128  
Sue finding inner song

Jolly,... Selling your house is hard and I don't know if you have a realtor... but if you do, they will give you good advice. I hope that the price is good that you are asking for, as I know parts of the country the prices are going up. The interest rates just went up today to a HUGE 4% for a 30 year LOLOLOL When I started closings in '79 the interest rates were 21% in some cases (FHA) so I think that there are alot of buyers out there now too trying to get a house before the rates go up even higher... and being summer, please like buying houses before school starts. I know that it will happen for you, just try not to stress out about it. You usually have plenty of time to "pick up" the house before the buyers come over... Shoot I sold a condo with renters living in it and they killed my 2 year old carpet and I still sold it LOL You will be fine...

Now about getting back on plan... LOL I am commitment again even with my gain a few weeks ago... I know that I am doing what I need to do to lose weight (I also measured myself and have lost 5.5 inches (right sides only) since 5/5 yeah... I know you can do it too!!!!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 06-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying my best View Post
Okay, I know I'm late in the game, but I would like to join in. I'm at my highest weight ever and ready to begin. My goal is 39 pounds (10%) by Labor Day.
Welcome the more the merrier. I am on the steady 0.2-0.4lb drop. The better the exercise goes the better I do. Still calorie counting and exercising. Trying to get at least an hour a day. Preferably one 40 minute straight.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #130  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm back! and slightly up. 374.3 today, but that's WAYYYYY better than the 380 I was weighing in at after the wedding!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in today and kind of cheated. This morning I was 147 (up a pound). Then I ate a small breakfast, went for a run, came home and showered. After that I weighed 146! Probably water weight loss from my running...but I'm taking the lower number for this week! So....holding steady. Kinda

Next week should be better!
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #132  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Up 1.1 today. Boo.

I'm blaming a super intense massage after yoga.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #133  
Sue finding inner song

Oh Jane... a massage... OH Yeah.. that was worth any amount of extra water or oil (from the masseuse tee hee)!!! Oh I bet that that was nice... That is one of my treats when I lose 14 more lbs,.. a massage.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh better than a hot bath!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

No exercise yesterday but stayed within calories. Big party this weekend so hopefully me being good all week makes up for it so monday weigh in will be down.
Jane: totally jealous of the massage
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #135  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I need to start exercising for sure. I would say my eating has it's mishaps of course but it's something you can more or less passively control with some will power. Exercise is much more of a time and expenditure commitment. I'm also extremely extremely hung over this morning so exercise sounds like torture right now. I haven't had a decent hang over in a few years. What does sound nice is a massage!! I'm jealous.

I'm a little confused on the spreadsheet. Mine doesn't seem to be updating? Despite I updated my weigh-in for the 10th as about 5 lbs lost it still says I have 41 lbs to go. I don't know anything about anything excel wise so I'm confuzzuled.

Selling the house has definitely topped out as one of the most stressful things I've done. I do trust it'll eventually sell, the problem is that it isn't my house (it's my husband and brother in law's... he moved out on short notice before we even got engaged and doesn't seem to think he has any responsibilities here despite being on the title and home loan, he's also a broke *** loser 17 years older than me just FYI) so I think it's a huge drag I'm stuck doing most of the work and going to be paying for most of the net loss up front seeing as I'm the one with the decent job and ability to save/invest money. Our net loss has to be below 10 grand or else we can't get a new home loan, which blows and seeing as I wasn't responsible for any of the financial aspects of it for the last 9 years leading to that kind of HUGE loss kinda pisses me off. Unfortunately I'm married in. Hugely hugely off topic but that's my rant for now . On topic though, stress is bad for weight loss so I'm trying to just go with the flow - either way I won't own 2 houses and I *shouldn't* be homeless The most I'll be out is some sore disappointment should nothing come to pass.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote