Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #1  

Default New to site, new job, new home, new baby!

I am just joining the site, and am starting a new weight loss regimine. I've just moved back to the US after living in Mexico for the last 2 years where I had my first baby. I am 34, 5'10" and 205lbs. (size 16) My goal weight is 155 and I had gotten down to 170 about 3 years ago for my wedding. Due to some health problems and a baby recently, I find myself up to 205! I am starting from square one again and am having a hard time getting motivated! Any advice?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #2  
Hot Stuff

Hola Gordita! Wow, you've got all sorts of adjusting going on...new baby (congrats!), new job, new home...no wonder you're having a hard time getting started!

Have a read around the site, find a group that you have some things in common with, whether it's the Christian Encouragers, the 300+ and Ready to Try Again, a challenge group, etc. Pop in and introduce yourself....all the groups here welcome new members and are always glad for a fresh face. I'm over on the Independence Firecrackers thread - we're a group that set small goals using upcoming holidays throughout the year as targets, and always like to have new members.

Where to start? Well, take one item to begin with, whether it is drinking your water or walking for 30 min., etc. and focus on doing it for a week. Once you're comfortable with that one item, pick another one and add it in, and soon you'll be on your way! Most importantly, remember that life is going to happen whether you're on a weight loss plan or not, and there will be days when it all goes to pot. The most important thing you can do is pick yourself up and start over again! Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time, and enjoy the journey!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #3  

Welcome Gordita!

Following Wildfire's advice will have you well on your way. It's the plan I am using mostly anyway. I am not on a specific "diet"...just cutting back in general, eating healthier, and exercising. I have found when I try to outlaw a certain food or foodtype, that's what I think I'm dying for. It's simpler to just watch portions and limit some things rather than cutting them out completely, at least with me that's true. The main thing tho is to find what works best for you since we're all different and have different levels of willpower, etc. To be successful once and for all, I think a lifestyle change is necessary..diets seem to always end at some point leaving us feeling like failures.

Anyway, just visit around all the different threads and Im sure you'll find one just right for you. Any of them will offer you support and encouragement and lots of advice. Good luck!

Miki
Old 06-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

HI Gordita! Both Miki and Wildfire are right. Remember that slow and steady it is a series of baby steps. This is a great place everyone here is so friendly and supportive of each other.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #5  

Thank you all for the advice. I have started walking, and will continue with that. Starting today I'm starting a low fat, low carb diet. I know that diets don't work for the long term, but it has been 2 years since i've worked full time, and I'm starting back in a week and I don't fit into many of my work clothes! Hopefully this will give me a jump start.
My main problem is that my Husband does most of the cooking (he loves to cook and I love to eat) and he likes to eat late. I find myself eating dinner at 9:00 most nights. I think if I can change just this one thing, it will make a huge difference.

Thanks again for the support!

Gordita
Old 06-03-2003, 01:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

I eat late at night as well. I get home from work around 10 p.m. and most night I have a sandwich or something little. I know that this is one hard thing to end*eating late* I think that maybe if you sit dh down and tell him what you want to accomplish he will be more that happy to help you any way that he can!

sandy
Closed Thread