Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Argh. I had resisted responding to this maternity jeans thing.

But they do the same for men, both for pants and -even- shirts (around the collar). Yes, I liked them. But they have now been banished from my wardrobe. I am not going to be elasticated!

I refuse!

Last edited by IanG; 04-06-2013 at 11:21 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/220/130ish

Height: 5'4

Another fat-armed lady here. I hate it because in some pictures I'm giving good face, but my arms ruin the entire picture.

I'm still wearing maternity. My baby is 7 months old.

My bummer is that one of my best bras gives me a back roll. I HATE the look of back rolls.
Dichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #18  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I haven't worn regular pants at all in years. I have seen the elastic denims at Wal Mart and honestly I just refused LOL. I'm just now going into a window where I have button & zip pants that FIT (these dress pants have a more encompassing fabric), but the jeans in the same size are quite tight, the fabric doesn't give very much.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #19  

Off topic but.......Jolly, LOVE LOVE LOVE your new profile picture!! You are beautiful!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Men's clothing is sized by neck size, sleeve length, length, waist size, inseam length, etc... but women still get Small, Medium, Large, or at best number sizes. And when you lose weight the blouses get increasingly shorter. For example, a size 4X blouse is at least 6" longer than a 1X. I did NOT become 6" shorter when I lost weight. We have not made any progress at ALL when it comes to sizing our clothing. I can never find a blouse that is long enough, and I buy my fleeces and sweatpants in the tall men's department because nothing in the women's dept is long enough and it all has 3/4 length sleeves on me. Blouses are never long enough... I have a friends who are a lot shorter than I am and they can never find them short enough. We get ONE length, regardless of how tall we are.

With all the fighting for "equality" why has nothing ever been done about this?

End of soapbox
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #21  
Pink Leopard Power

I agree Misti. I'm tall and a lot of that is torso, I like things to stretch past my hips if at all possible. I always end up buying things in the huge sizes because I like them to cover me well and not ride up. I think a lot of it is because women are humiliated by measurements, where as I don't think it bothers men as much. I'd rather standard women's clothing had the tailored fit of men's though I mean what's a 20 in one brand is a 24 in another. Arbitrary numbers, I tell you.

THANKS Elvislover It was my first new facebook profile picture in like, three years, no lie, but I chopped off six inches of hair and promised to share.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I did NOT become 6" shorter when I lost weight.

AMEN!! I don't consider myself to be that tall (I have 2 sisters that are 6' 2" so I'm the short one!) but I don't get why stuff gets so much shorter. And the SLEEVES! I do have super long arms and I hate when they hit me so sort! Grrrr!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #23  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Stay away from those Walmart elastic jeans, those things are dangerous! But seriously, I spent a long time in denial, obliviously gaining while the fake stretchy jeans stretched right along with my waistline, until I discovered one day that I could no longer fit into real jeans. And I'm talking plus size store jeans, I could not find any that would go around my stomach. At least it was a much needed wake-up call.

As for the length of shirts and blouses? At least in my case, the bigger I am, the longer they need to be. It's rather odd actually. If you check out the pic of me on the left, you'll see I'm wearing a pair of those elastic jeans (probably a 26/28) as well as a men's t-shirt (probably a 2X that I'd stretch the bottom of out over my knees before wearing in an attempt to make lessen the tightness). The same shirt would literally reach well past my waist and down well below my inseam at my current size (I should check to see if I still have that particular shirt). I'm willing to bet that the shirt on the right wouldn't even cover my belly button at my highest weight!

ETA: JollyGreenSteen: I also think that's an awesome pic of you! I did something similar recently in cutting off 8" or so of hair.

Last edited by Elladorine; 04-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Somebody said exactly whats a bummer for me. The pant size I'm in now fits fine when I put them on but throughout the day get so stretched out - but the next size down fits me, but is still a little to tight that I have the dreaded "muffin top" and there is no way to hide it. I can't win!
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #25  

Today is a little warm here so I jumped at the chance to wear my short sleeved button down denim dress (size 16w but very generous in size, I've owned it for at least 10 years). When I started this diet, I could hardly even button the top button near my neck nevermind anything near the hips/waist.

Now I have it on today, boooooo the arms are too big and baggy and the hips/butt area is so baggy it's making me look larger than I am.

I couldn't wait to wear this dress and I'll never find another like it. And now it's come and gone before I could enjoy it one last time! The price we pay for weightloss.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Men's clothing is sized by neck size, sleeve length, length, waist size, inseam length, etc... but women still get Small, Medium, Large, or at best number sizes. And when you lose weight the blouses get increasingly shorter. For example, a size 4X blouse is at least 6" longer than a 1X. I did NOT become 6" shorter when I lost weight. We have not made any progress at ALL when it comes to sizing our clothing. I can never find a blouse that is long enough, and I buy my fleeces and sweatpants in the tall men's department because nothing in the women's dept is long enough and it all has 3/4 length sleeves on me. Blouses are never long enough... I have a friends who are a lot shorter than I am and they can never find them short enough. We get ONE length, regardless of how tall we are.

With all the fighting for "equality" why has nothing ever been done about this?

End of soapbox

Totally! The length thing is driving me nuts right now. I almost want to dig through my last bag of giveaways and pull out all my 6X shirts because at least they COVERED ME! I'm long in the torso to begin with, and none of these 2X's are long enough!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #27  
Pink Leopard Power

There's nothing worse than spending your day tugging at your shirts, pulling them down to cover yourself. Ugggh!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #28  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Okay, does the rest of the world REALLY think that jeans are COMFORTABLE??? I have never thought so and never wear them around the house. Give me elastic!!!!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I have some jean shorts that are really comfortable. As far as jeans I likethem to weat out. I feel better about myself in them. I feel like I look better because they are "holding" me in.
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

It's a bummer that i have a way too expensive closet of size 0 which i will NEVER get into again *because i don't want to go down that much*. It would have been a complete waste of money and space if it weren't for my 13 year old step daughter that fits into everything from that era now.....at least it's going to be useful to someone, but it's still a bummer that i will never give away so much money to make another such closet of sizes 4-6...(which i want to reach).
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote