Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #31  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
Εvery day. Sometimes, every time I go to the bathroom. It's obsessive alright, but I don't let it get to me, so I don't mind. I like to see the fluctuations. I've tried weighing once a week, but that's when I really got obsessive. I just can't stay away from the scale. Since I'm desensitized to it, so to speak, it's fine.
Ditto. Marniadec took the words out of my mouth.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #32  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i used to daily but now only once or twice a week. my losses have slowed down as i've become closer to my goal weight.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I definitely think lack thereof is best. A girl at my gym was telling me how she weighs in with clothes on and after she eats and it sounded like a basis for a math equation I'm not interested in! I'd rather just wake up, get on, get off and get it over with.
Yes, definitely! I think that is one reason why not being consistent of when and under what conditions we can weigh ourselves can make us batty. When I was first trying to figure out how often to weigh myself I used to do it several times a day. The results were very varied based on if I was wearing clothes and how heavy they were, how much I had already eaten or drunk that day, whether or not I had had a bowel movement (I hope that wasn't too much TMI), if I had exercised, etc.. I think that weighing in the morning helps because your body has had some time to settle from the day before. In fact if I forget to weigh myself in the morning before I eat I don't weigh myself at all that day. I know it won't be an accurate comparison to my weight the day before.

I did find though that doing experiments with weighing myself more often gave me enough perspective to be comfortable with weight fluctuations from day to day or hour to hour.

Last edited by Renwomin; 02-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I officially weigh in once per week, but like to hop on daily, mainly so I know what to expect on Sunday. The numbers are pretty up and down but I can usually tell if they are going in a downward trend and I am able to not take daily numbers too seriously. I have considered weighing daily and averaging the weekly number (to compare it to the previous week's average and measure pounds lost), but so far I do not see a need since I have liked my Sunday readings, haha
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #35  
Changing my lifestyle

Height: 6'3"

I weigh myself every Monday, unless it's the beginning of a new month, which I weigh myself then just so I have an accurate weight loss per month as well as per week.
brandonjohnston84 is offline   Reply With Quote