Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 1 of healthy eating has begun. I've been yoyo dieting the past year and I'm really hoping to stop losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over and start to be healthy...for good! A little scared and a lot excited.
free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #47  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Hello, all! I am on day 39 (counting backwards) of my newly formed Valentine's Season Challenge, which is to be in the 120s by or on Sunday, February 10. The clock started ticking on that yesterday!

So I'm having fun with that, have few other thoughts this morning.

lovedancelive, congratulations on a good first day of your fast.

emurph, welcome! Good work on abstinence from processed food!

Diana, thank you for the congratulations on my 16.2 weight loss last year! It doesn't sound like a lot but is very meaningful to me. Woot!

Misti, sometimes the body gains, loses & maintains on its own schedule as it goes about its business meeting our needs. Maybe water from muscle gain?

TheLauren, congratulations on your pounds lost! That is great!

Mamakat, congratulations on having your gym back!

Regarding the gym, I am thinking of not renewing my membership when it comes up in a week. I like it there and do go work but mostly I go for socialization as I have a gym room in my house, plus live near a host of state & community parks and wilderness areas and like to work out alone anyhow. Hard to decide.

alaskanlaughter, good for you for going to the gym consistently!

joSR, welcome!!! Your shakes sound good to me. Good luck on your plan!

To all, hope everyone has a GREAT day after New Year's!!! Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #48  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning im loving having the time off work for winter break...definitely not in a rush to do anything lol...im warming up the car to head to the gym...thats about it for the day...food-wise i'm aiming for low sugar, low wheat and calories around 1400-1500...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #49  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday's calories = 1545. Morning WI = 149.2. Postng from my kindle, we shall see if it works.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #50  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon Everybody

Wow Missy those soups sound great and to have them made up like that is awesome! Soup is good w/this weather.You're doing great, you've got everything under control,I can see you reaching your goal and keeping the weight off. Thank you Yeah, when I get up,I have a lot of energy or something I like to get up and get it over with I go to bed so early anyway. Just love your New Avatar,you're very pretty

Great WI Diana get on outta here water Weight keep on falling Thank you I've put last year out of my mind and everyday getting more stronger mentally.Was w/Mother and Aunt yesterday and eating anything unhealthy didn't crossed my mind Have to take them shopping tomorrow and ready for it

I was at the gym 6:30 this morning,liking the change of pace from the outside(I've jogged/walked in the cold for a long time and don't want to do that any more..I miss my friends though) after 3 yrs. of using the gym just for the classes.

learning to use the threadmill..different speeds,inclines,pushing myself on the ellipical.This morning I even started trying more machine.

I'll always do stuff outside.Love the fresh morning air but I think it's doing good mentally cause i feel myself pushing to see if i can go a little further than the day before..working up a good sweat!

Change is good anyway.The other Morning a friend called asking if i was going out, I said no and invited her to be a guest of mine at the gym,she came and liked it.

After doing all those classes,I've learned a lot of stuff to do on my own.Still love the classes though and will still go when I can fit them in.

Eating has been great.Feeling in control.

Last edited by OnaMi; 01-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #51  
Warrior Princess

Misti, Lifetime is $60+ and LA Fitness in the $40-50 range. I belong to Planet Fitness which is $20 a month. It's a nice gym but doesn't have a pool, just all machines and weights which is all I want so I'm just playing it cheap.

I still don't feel right, this is getting old. Back to work tomorrow, spent entire 5 day weekend sick.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #52  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

So... around Christmas eve I just stopped trying to stay on plan. So I'm up quite a bit. That doesn't bug me though. I expected the weight gain. What I didn't expect was how crappy I feel physically. My body is in full on revolt! I think I felt like Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the food. But this breakout/lack of sleep/sluggish feeling isn't worth it! I'm back on plan today (and leaving for the pool after this post!)

Hope everyone had a great holiday!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #53  

novangel That sounds horrible. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

radiojane yea, it's amazing how much is influenced by how well/badly we eat.

I had a wonderful day! Bought myself a brand new 2012 Prius! I'm heading to the gym, and I feel great.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone

Mamakat How about trying the half caf coffee? You can drink the same amount of cups but get half the amount of caffeine. Maybe you can trick your body and it won't know. How did it go today?

Emurph Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Lovedancelive I'm glad you are feeling less bloated. I agree about choosing a way of eating that is sustainable for the long term.

Free I can understand about your new lifestyle as being scary and exciting at the same time. I can't wait to watch you succeed this time.

Amarantha Don't underestimate those 16.2 pounds. It is a significant loss. There are studies that show losing 5-10% of your weight significantly improves your health. Keep up the great work!

Alaskanlaughter When do you go back to work? Today was the big day for us. The time off really flew by.

Krissy Good job on your calories and weigh in.

Ona Good job on the workouts and where you are mentally right now. It's hard work, almost like a job in itself. You have to stay on top of that mental game at all times.

Novangel Have you tried taking additional vitamin c or zinc? We have taken this in the past: http://www.vitacost.com/source-natur...les-2/?NttSR=1 I just noticed they have one that dissolves in water: http://www.vitacost.com/source-natur...-fizz/?NttSR=1 DH was worried about catching something on the cruise since he has a compromised immune system. We drank this the week before we left: http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-12/ We also took one dose per day of Hyland's Flu while on the cruise. This has also helped us with with colds/flu in the past: http://www.vitacost.com/hylands-flu/?NttSR=1

Radiojane i feel the same way when I eat off plan. Just try to get right back to what was working for you. You will feel better quickly.

Lauren Congrats on the new car and awesome day!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Les Mills Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves
Les Mills Combat Hiit Power w/12's
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #56  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Diana That had to be the weirdest MRI ever! It was awkward, to say the least. I won't know the results, til maybe Friday. They did have a long discussion amongst themselves, wondering if they should retake...but decided against it as the dye had already flushed out of my system and I don't think they wanted to double dose...it's bad for the kidneys. I swear the things we women go through...I'll keep you posted as always
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #57  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

diana - i go back to work on monday when the kids go back to school....its been so nice to have time off! i rarely ever get that...heck i havent even taken a day of sick leave in well over two years, even though ive been sick

i spent the afternoon running errands and running my niece to the stores for her groceries...she has no car and her dad's car broke down as well...

my eating has been on plan really well today but nighttime is always the hardest i have one more thing for tonight to eat and i saved calories for it...so far ive eaten 1040 calories and burned 470 of those at the gym...my last item to eat tonight will be 440 calories which is right in the target that i want to hit
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you all day. Friday isn't too far off, I know that's easy for me to say. I'm sure it feels like forever. Hang in there.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

alaskanlaughter Good job on your day. Enjoy the rest of the week!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/110

Day 1 of healthy eating down!

Breakfast
Weight Control Oatmeal (high fiber)

Lunch
Egg Salad Wrap
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese

Dinner
2 Chicken Fajita Wraps
Salad with fat free dressing

Snack
Wrap dipped in salsa

Total for today: 1325 and I'm still hungry. Oh well. Time to retrain my stomach I guess. Still proud.
free is offline   Reply With Quote