Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Like so many others mentioned I don't change it unless it is a five or more pound gain. I weigh myself daily to keep on track so with fluctuations I would be changing it a lot!

As soon as the scale registers a lower weight I OWN that number and record it. If my weight creeps up a pound or two I just fight my way back down. I think it helps me to get stubborn about the fact I had lost the weight and it is creeping back on for one reason or another.

I HAVE DEFEATED YOU! YOU SHALL NOT RETURN!

It is when I stop weighing myself or lose that stubborn determination when I gain that I'm in trouble.

Last edited by Renwomin; 01-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #32  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I generally change my ticker once a week, at my Sunday "official" weigh in. I sometimes check other days, and if I hit an exciting milestone, I might change it a second time but that's rare.

If I have an increase, I'm going to give myself a one-week grace period. But if it's still up by the second Sunday, then I will move it back up. I figure one week is reasonable to think it could be natural fluctuations, but if it's lasting long than that, I have to take ownership of it as a gain. But at least I will get the fun of moving it back down again, rather than trying to catch up to my ticker.

I think it's all about motivation though - I've thought about it and tried to figure out how it's going to motivate me most. And clearly, some people feel the opposite and find that wanting to catch up to their ticker is a great motivator. It's fun to read other people's take on this.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote